Beginner April 2013
    mummymrs2b ·
    • Hide content

April 2013 x

• princesssaraht
    Beginner December 2012
    princesssaraht ·
    • Hide content

How about a silky pashmina type thing? your dress looks quite similar to mine, i have got a fluffy shrug but my wedding is december so i will need it to keep me warm! I tried some lace shrugs on but i didnt think they matched the dress style

• ~Peanut~
    Beginner December 2012
    ~Peanut~ ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aww I think you're getting married the week before me! What shrug have you got? I'm debating wether to get one as I don't want to detract from my dress but I'm worried if I do get cold then I'll be a bit stuck if I haven't got one just in case!

Going back to the OP, I honestly think you look gorgeous in your dress and don't need a shrug, but if you do feel you want/need one wraporshrug.co.uk do shrugs in a variety of a fabrics that you wear just off the shoulders and can be made to match the fabric of your dress.

• D
    Beginner May 2012
    dlees81 ·
    • Hide content

I think the dress is gorgeous!! wow. Love the detail on the bodice and the swirls in the skirt. I think a 'marabou' or feather shrug would be fab with this. I'm a fan of the Wrapor shrugs (they use all different materials), they look really comfy, I know they have a facebook page and probably a website, too.

• princesssaraht
    Beginner December 2012
    princesssaraht ·
    • Hide content

My shrug is ivory maribou feathers, it just sits on the shoulder with little straps that go under your arms, so it doesnt cover up any of the detail on my dress at all. I'm not planning on wearing it for the ceremony as I have a veil and think it will all be a bit much, but will definately need it to keep warm outside for the photos! although will try and brave some without it!

• Y
    Beginner November 2012
    yorkshirecat1981 ·
    • Hide content

Lovely dress!! Agree with the suggestions of feathery or marabou shrugs, or you could go for a furry one as April can be quite chilly!

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

You look absolutely gorgeous in that dress MM2B!

I think a shrug would change the look of your dress though, could you really not do without one?

I was convinced, before trying on dresses, no matter what dress I had (as knew I wanted strapless) I was going to have a shrug as the tops of my arms are horrible but when I tried the dresses on I just knew a shrug wasn't going to work but having an elbow length veil helped just enough and mum convinced me to not get a shrug!

• (Claire)
    Beginner July 2011
    (Claire) ·
    • Hide content

I would say that you don't need one.

• hannah22
    Beginner August 2012
    hannah22 ·
    • Hide content

I really dont think you need one, i think it looks lovely as it is

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Completely agree.

• Knees
    VIP August 2012
    Knees ·
    • Hide content

I don't think you need one to "make" the dress, if that's what you're worried about, or to cover your arms because I think you look great.

If you're worried about the chill, I'd just get a pashmina type thing. I've just bought a silver Jasper Conran one from Debenhams just in case it gets a bit chilly.

• Michelle772012
    Beginner July 2012
    Michelle772012 ·
    • Hide content

Love your dress, looks stunning on you and i really dont think you need to entertain the idea of a shrug as you look amazeballs but if you really want one how about a sheer bolero that ties at the back xx

• N
    Beginner June 2012
    Nicalf08 ·
    • Hide content

I don't think you need a shrug, if you're worried about your arms then wearing a veil might make you feel a bit more confident so they are not completely bare and on show...

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

I honestly don't think you need anything. The shape of your dress balances your figure perfectly, and it looks wonderful on you. Its made me wonder if I really need the expensive lace bolero i'm having made!

• mummymrs2b
    Beginner April 2013
    mummymrs2b ·
    • Hide content

Oh ladies, thanks for all your lovely words! Smiley smile Makes me feel a bit better about the wobbles i was having over my dress being the 'right' one. Its more the fact of having something to cover my arms as im really unsure of my bingo wings, just think my arms look fat hangin out of the dress. Although this dress was too small! i had a look at the wrap things on fb, now trying to decide if i should get one or leave it x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics