Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

michellethekiwi
Beginner September 2013

Northcote House Sunningdale Park - anyone booked here?

michellethekiwi, 12 of April of 2012 at 19:23 Posted on Planning 0 17

We're booked here for 2013, just wondering if anyone has booked as would be good to share ideas etc!

17 replies

Latest activity by teena, 18 of June of 2012 at 20:27
  • maidenheadgirl
    Beginner May 2013
    maidenheadgirl ·
    • Hide content

Hi Michelle,

Congrats!!! I am going to look at the venue soon. When is your wedding? I am thinking of 24 May 2013 Smiley winking Did you get a good deal with them?

• michellethekiwi
    Beginner September 2013
    michellethekiwi ·
    • Hide content

We are getting married Sep 2013, we just got the package that they do which is great

• F
    Beginner March 2013
    flower71 ·
    • Hide content

Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! We are booked for March 2013 and we went for a Sunday - the difference in price means we can give people more drinks!

Have you got any quotes for flowers or dj's or anything yet? I'm a bit stumped about how I choose when I don't really know exactly what I want yet!

It was the second venue we looked at, we loved the first one but it had no parking at all nearby and with so many people travelling in it would have been a mare, I felt really disheartened and frustrated, so on the off chance we went along as there was a wedding fair on, just knew it was the right place and huge compared to the other place! Plus my OH and my dad and loads of our family are massively into golf so that's the boys all sorted for the morning while the girls are getting ready!

• michellethekiwi
    Beginner September 2013
    michellethekiwi ·
    • Hide content

We have gone for a sunday too so we can have more people too! we signed the 2011 package which has way more than the 2012 package is offereing so far which is fab. We haven't started with anything apart from venue, colour scheme and our TOG. the rest can wait over the next few months! We are having our ceremony in the great hall and we fell in love with the stair case! Are you on the facebook group for 2013 brides??

• Inspire Me Designs
    Inspire Me Designs ·
    • Hide content

Ohhhh I've done a few orders for that venue. Have heard lot's of good things about it.

It looks like a lovely venue.

Nat

• F
    Beginner March 2013
    flower71 ·
    • Hide content

Not on the fb group yet but will join it.

Yes def has to be the hall for the ceremony - although I must admit am a bit worried me or dad will fall down the stairs!!

• K
    Beginner December 2012
    KTT ·
    • Hide content

Me!! Dec this year. It's a beautiful venue, i can't wait!!

• F
    Beginner March 2013
    flower71 ·
    • Hide content

Am so jealous, it feels like a long way to March! Love to know how you are getting on with finding suppliers etc.

x

• K
    Beginner December 2012
    KTT ·
    • Hide content

Time is going so fast! We booked it in Jan thinking we had plenty of time and it's now May already!

Got most things booked. Think we are going to use the recommended supplier for chair covers. We did contact the florist who responded originally but then further communication from myself has gone ignored, their loss! Due to the cost we have now decided to make fabric flowers. We are hoping to do a lot ourselves.

The venue is so beautiful there isn't much we need to do and fortunately we have the benefit of it already being decorated with xmas decs etc because of the time of year.

How far have you got with organising? I found it so overwhelming at first I almost had no interest, but now I can see things coming together I'm really starting to get into it and enjoy it. :o)

• F
    Beginner March 2013
    flower71 ·
    • Hide content

Well, I haven't got far but have just sorted a photographer, still need a dj and chair covers but thinking of sorting flowers myself, although haven't decided yet!

Who are you dealing with at the hotel? We booked and did the initial stuff through Hannah but she's left now so I need to find out who's looking after us and start hounding them with my questions ?

• michellethekiwi
    Beginner September 2013
    michellethekiwi ·
    • Hide content

They said theyd get in contact once they had a replacement - I keep buggin them!!

• B
    Brian Parkes LSWPP (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

I've done a few weddings there, it's a beautiful venue. One of the ones I did had a sweetie stand, looked really good and everybody loved it.

• K
    Beginner December 2012
    KTT ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

They haven't found a replacement for Hannah's position yet, as i emailed them myself recently as i needed to go and have a look round.

Emails sent to Hannah's email address are being picked up and responded to so i'd suggest just emailing and asking who your point of contact should be in the interim as you have questions etc. I found them very helpful when i went the other week :o)

• michellethekiwi
    Beginner September 2013
    michellethekiwi ·
    • Hide content

I've had a response saying they have a replacement but didn't give me a name! Will let you know once they respond!

• T
    Beginner
    teena ·
    • Hide content

Hi Michelle, I went to visit the venue today for the first time and met with Grant and the new wedding coordinator called Sharmaine.

We are looking to book for September 2013 but have another 2 venues to look at first... Can I ask you mentioned that you booked the 2011 package for 2013 how did that work??

Thanks Smiley smile

• F
    Beginner March 2013
    flower71 ·
    • Hide content

Michelle - I thought I was being a bit of a dope to start with I read my email I got today several times looking for her name but it wasn't there, even still has Hannah's signature!!

• michellethekiwi
    Beginner September 2013
    michellethekiwi ·
    • Hide content

We paid for 2013 prices but as the package isn't available for 2013 we signed for the 2011 package details.

• T
    Beginner
    teena ·
    • Hide content

Ah I see we have another appointment to see them so that we can run through all the costs and finalise before paying the deposit...

Did everyone get a good bargain?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics