Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

BeckyMarie
Beginner June 2014

Friern Manor or lawns essex??

BeckyMarie, 25 of March of 2012 at 11:49 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hi all

We booked the church, and we are going to look at venues next saturday, friern manor,essex & The Lawns, any one got any ideas on what one is nicer our the two and price range.

Many thanks

Becky Marie

15 replies

Latest activity by BeckyMarie, 26 of March of 2012 at 13:12
  • essex_charlene
    Beginner September 2012
    essex_charlene ·
    • Hide content

Hi Becky!

I used to live in Benfleet - just moved to Wickford! Hello fellow Essex hitcher!!! lol.

I have been to weddings at both venues and have to say Friern Manor is my fave.... but it is expensive to get married there of a weekend.... but my best friend and BM is getting married there on a Bank Hol Monday in April next year - she said it was reasonable.... i dont know about cost for the Lawn but it is not as nice IMO.

I also looked at both venues for my own wedding and wanted FM - but it was too expensive for our Saturday wedding xxx

• BeckyMarie
    Beginner June 2014
    BeckyMarie ·
    • Hide content

Do you know on a rough amount of how much it is to have venue there at fm i have 60 guests for the day and bout 150 for evening, i am glad there is some other local essex brides on this website thanks for posting back to me! Smiley smile.

Becky Marie x

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    ShellG ·
    • Hide content

I'm getting married at Friern Manor in just under 8 weeks....so am a little biased!

The food there is amazing and the staff all very nice! When you go and visit, they will give you a brochure which gives a run down of the estimated wedding costs (it may even be on their website).

We have been to an evening reception at the lawns which is nice though - recommend seeing them both of course.

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    ShellG ·
    • Hide content

Page 38 of their online wedding brochure - hope that helps!

• BeckyMarie
    Beginner June 2014
    BeckyMarie ·
    • Hide content

Hi Shell

Thank you so much and good luck and hope all goes well and that ya have a beautiful day, bet your really excited now, really think i am about 99% sure i want friern manor to be venue as lawns has not got rooms has it over night which is a bumma and i think friern manor has alot of charactor to it i viewed the old rectory the other day too but didnt really tick all the boxes, i just cant wait till saturday now so then i will have def made my mind up what venue with my other half but think part of me is already made my mind up all ready but thanks for that, really helped the information.

Becky Marie xx

• BeckyMarie
    Beginner June 2014
    BeckyMarie ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Thanks so much for sharing this with me i didnt even knw the park inn existed ... its lovely, isnt it. And i know what you mean when its your day you dont really wanna share the venue with other brides as its your day and it must take that special part out of it bumping into 2 other brides at the same venue exspecially if you paying lots of money out.

Once again thank you so much and ill take a look.

Becky Marie x

• S
    Beginner May 2013
    sgreen ·
    • Hide content

I've attended charity balls at Friern Manor on 2 or 3 occasions and I certainly haven't got any complaints.

Cann't comment on the Lawns though sorry, never even heard of it.

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    ShellG ·
    • Hide content

There is the possibilty of having 1 other wedding taking place on the day at Friern Manor but the area's are very separate so your guests wouldn't be mingling - you'll see what I mean once you have been there!

• BeckyMarie
    Beginner June 2014
    BeckyMarie ·
    • Hide content

Thank you so much for these pictures they are lovely and i think ill book in to take a look around Smiley smile.Bet you cant wait till the wedding now Smiley winking. So with this venue you dont have to have exactly what is in their packages.

Becky Marie

• BeckyMarie
    Beginner June 2014
    BeckyMarie ·
    • Hide content

Hey Shell

How many rooms is there you can stay in at the friern manor, i just really love the look of it and i cant find that part in their brochure.

Smiley smile Becky Marie

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    ShellG ·
    • Hide content

Hi Becky,

There are 5 rooms there x

• BeckyMarie
    Beginner June 2014
    BeckyMarie ·
    • Hide content

Does that include the brides room. that looks so lovely inside.x