Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner April 2012

Cupcake cakes - WDYD

shellsworth, 11 of January of 2012 at 09:49 Posted on Planning 0 11

Hello!

We are having a cupcake cake and I've been asked how many cupcakes I'd want and I really don't know!

We are having around 70 day guests ( if they all RSVP) and the total for the evening would be about 140. So do you do a cupcake each or go somewhere in the middle?

S xx

11 replies

Latest activity by Little Pixie , 11 of January of 2012 at 15:03
  • Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Id go somewhere in the middle....say 100? not everyone will like or even want one!!

• helenparki
    Beginner May 2012
    helenparki ·
    • Hide content

We're having cupcakes. We've got 53 at the day do so I've ordered 45 cup cakes as not everyone will like or want one.

• Mrs*W*2B
    Beginner August 2014
    Mrs*W*2B ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

i agree!! 100!! make sure they are somewhere near the door too if you want guests to take them home, one wedding i went to had them tucked away in the corner and at the end of the night they had all but about 4 left over! Smiley smile x

• B
    Beginner September 2012
    bia57 ·
    • Hide content

We're having cupcakes too. We've got 90 days guests and 120 evening guests, so we're going for 100 cupcakes and a small fruit cake to cut. We are getting a mixture of large and small cupcakes though, 70 large and 30 small.

We are thinking about maybe dropping it down to 60 large cupcakes.

• S
    Beginner April 2012
    shellsworth ·
    • Hide content

Thanks folks! Think I'll go for 100 will have lots of chocolate floating around too - dont want people being sick everywhere! Smiley smile

S xx

• sal.san
    Beginner December 2011
    sal.san ·
    • Hide content

?We only had cupcakes for the evening and had about 140 guests so ordered 100 cupcakes - see pic! Delsih they were too ?

• S
    Beginner May 2013
    sgreen ·
    • Hide content

I'll have to disagree with the other posters for the simple reason that a large portion of my family all have sweet tooths.

When we have family get togethers, we have a lot of cake, and it always goes.

And no we are not a big bunch of fatties before any one asks!

• Soulmates
    Beginner August 2012
    Soulmates ·
    • Hide content

My first thought would be to over order incase some people had 2, or thinking of my children 3 or 4 or 5......

• B
    Beginner
    Blinkered ·
    • Hide content

We had 120 evening guests and had 130 cupcakes plus 3 small fruit cakes l. At the end of the night we had 2 cupcakes and half a fruit cake left.

• Mrs P 2 B
    Beginner January 2012
    Mrs P 2 B ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing one for every person about 150 and then i'm getting from ebay these plastic pots which you can put them in about 50 so whoever didn't have one can take one away with them. That way theres enough and i won't have to eat the rest.. which wouldn't be to hard i'm sure!!

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This.

• Little Pixie
    Beginner September 2011
    Little Pixie ·
    • Hide content

I did one for everyone. Some kids had 2 or 3 and I was still left with about 20% of them in the end.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics