Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

E
Beginner August 2011

Summer 2013 wedding...baby inbetween...am I bonkers?!

engaged2011, 2 of January of 2012 at 23:52 Posted on Planning 0 11

I know this sounds crazy but me and OH are thinking its time for our son (4.5) to have a sibling to grow up with and think sooner rather than later which means doing it asap so we have time to prepare for wedding, lose weight, save up, etc...am I totally bonkers?!

IF and that is a big IF, I fall within next couple of months or so, then baby should be here by the end of the year so if we did marry in Aug 2013 it would be between 8-10months ish...

Or should we leave the wedding to 2014?!

Will anyone else have a baby before they get married?

I'm so confused and my mind is in overdrive.

Clare

11 replies

Latest activity by JennyH10, 3 of January of 2012 at 15:03
  • Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content

I have a bride who is due imminently and her wedding is next month.......do what you personally feel is best....Don't worry about the calender, just what works for what you want.

Peter

• T
    Beginner
    Teal ·
    • Hide content

Why dont you marry in Summer 2012 & have your son as a pageboy? You can still try for a pregnancy in the mean time as you'd only be a few months at the wedding if you did fall.

Why wait even longer to get married if thats what you want to do? Weddings are hard enough to organise without kids, but with a toddler & a newborn, surely its even more difficult? Just my opinion, but you need to do whats best for you & your family & work out what your priorities are.

• Z
    Beginner October 2015
    zheshi ·
    • Hide content

I love white and blue wedding dresses indeed....While my friend Tina got a cheap pink wedding dress at http://www.wholesale-weddingdress.com. It may not be as good as a a designer wedding dress, but I think it worth it.It looks great. I am a lovely girl who wants to know of the world and I am interested in beautiful dresses. When I am old, I wish I could say I am happy all the years. You will never know what you will get the next moment, so why not enjoy what you have now!!!

• E
    Beginner August 2011
    engaged2011 ·
    • Hide content

The impatient girl inside me really wants to get married in 2012 but with a grand total of £800 (it was £1000 but we brought a tumble dryer!) saved since we got engaged, that is nigh on impossible! We are having to say and pay as we go along Smiley sad

Clare

• F
    Beginner April 2012
    futureMrsM ·
    • Hide content

I booked my wedding in august 2010 for april 2012 found out in feb 2011 i was pregnant complete suprise as wasnt planned til after the wedding. our son was born sept 25th 2011 so will be coming up 7 months at the wedding. I dont think ur mad as i have managed just fine got all the big stuff sorted before he came and have been left with stuff like rings invites favours decorations just lil things really and so far im doing fine no stress bar fitting in my dress haha but it did do up when i tried it on last month and fittings start march so should be ok.

If its what u want why not Smiley smile

• E
    Beginner August 2011
    engaged2011 ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for your reply futureMrsM and congratulations!

I think my head is set on both baby and wedding and I will do it no matter what. At least no one has said I am completely bonkers Smiley smile

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content

A little bit bonkers probably but in a positive brave kind of way! End of the day no-one knows what tommorow will bring so why put your life on hold, if you want a baby now then have one! Not to put a downer on but you may find you ttc but don't actually get pregnant within the next few months anyway. You have 1 child anyway so it's not like you don't know what having a baby will be like and I imagine (she says with no children..) that having a 2nd child is not such a change to your lifestyle as the 1st.

I'm so broody and ready for a baby and wish I could have one before the wedding but I live in a 1 bed flat so we need to move first and we can't afford to do that till after the wedding!

• D
    Beginner May 2012
    dlees81 ·
    • Hide content

We chose to have baby first due to clocks ticking, not wanting big gap with older sibling etc. Although we got engaged before finding out I was pg, and decided to leave arranging date and everything basically 'til baby was here and I could assess at what baby's age I could likely manage getting married, as being baby's go-to parent (typical mummy's boy!). He will be 20 months when we marry.

• ClaireMcToBe
    Beginner September 2012
    ClaireMcToBe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's definitely a LOT easier second time around. And since it's a 5 year-ish age gap, your son will be independent enough that you're not really doubling your workload. There are just over 2 years between mine, my son was still in nappies and still not walking (he has disabilities) when my daughter was born and it was hard work, although definitely a breeze compared to first time round.

I would also second what Nutella said about not necessarily getting pregnant in the first couple of months. I don't think you should put your life on hold, but if I were you once you have a date for the wedding, I'd set a date to be pregnant by and if you're not pregnant by then, I'd put it off til afterwards. For example, if you were going to be heavily pregnant come the wedding or if baby was only going to be a couple of months old.

That said, I don't think you are bonkers at all! I have a friend who cancelled her wedding because she got pregnant and baby was due the same month as the wedding. She then had the baby in September, decided in October she wasn't waiting for the wedding any longer and they got married in December!

• Y
    YoMammaSo ·
    • Hide content

I'm so broody and ready for a baby and wish I could have one before the wedding but I live in a 1 bed flat so we need to move first and we can't afford to do that till after the wedding!

• Nutella
    Beginner March 2013
    Nutella ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

P*ss off spammer and get an imagination instead of just copying what other people have said

• JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

Having a second baby is easier on you personally and emotionally as nothing really prepares you for that "being hit like a ton of bricks" feeling you get when you bring your first baby home. However there is a lot to consider if you have a little baby at the wedding. Who will look after him/her and your other child, sleeping/nap arrangements and breastfeeding etc. I don't think you're bonkers to have a baby before your wedding but there will a lot to organise between the baby's arrival and the wedding and you may find wedding planning stressing you out when your first concern should be the baby. If you go for it, I'm sure it will work out absolutely fine though.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics