Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

LittleMissP
Beginner September 2012

Honeymoon Ideas

LittleMissP, 21 of November of 2011 at 15:57 Posted on Planning 0 11

Me and the OH are going to start looking at Honeymoon ideas/packages this week and was wondering if anyone could reconmend a good company or resort to go to. We're getting married on 1st September 2012 and do like the idea of going to the Maldives, is this a good time to go? Also we really do not want to spend more than £1500 pp.

11 replies

Latest activity by ClaireMcToBe, 21 of November of 2011 at 20:20
  • ClaireMcToBe
    Beginner September 2012
    ClaireMcToBe ·
    • Hide content

Ooh, I'm also interested to see replies to this! We're September too (end of) and I want to go to the Caribbean but keep seeing stuff about hurricane season!!

• LittleMissP
    Beginner September 2012
    LittleMissP ·
    • Hide content

That's alright, come aboard!!

My OH wants to go somewhere nice and hot, we also don't want to go somewhere we would've normally have gone on a typical summer holiday. Hopefully the Maldives doesn't have a hurrican season ?

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Possibly something you should be checking? Smiley smile

It DOES have a rainy season, linked to the monsoon in the Indian basin. This runs from around May-Nov. We had our honeymoon in September and the Maldives wasn't on our list as we felt it the wrong time.

We went to Malaysia/Bali instead. It ws beyootiful. You might struggle with Bali on your budget, simply because of the flight cost (although it is dirt cheap when you are there). Malaysia should be reasonably acheivable though.

• gsijane
    Beginner September 2011
    gsijane ·
    • Hide content

We stayed at Coconut Bay Beach Resort and Spa in St Lucia, we flew out on the 20th September this year. We were warned about hurricane season, but for the 10 days we were there, we had beautiful sunshine! There were the odd showers which lasted about 3 minutes and then about 5 mins later it was completely dry again.

Then one morning at about 7am it chucked it down for about 30mins but then by 9am it was dry!

• ClaireMcToBe
    Beginner September 2012
    ClaireMcToBe ·
    • Hide content

I would looooooove to go to St Lucia. Was it expensive?

• LittleMissP
    Beginner September 2012
    LittleMissP ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Friends of ours went to the maldives at the beginning of September 2 years ago and it was brilliantly hot at 40oC, didn't even cross my mind about their rain season. But we will be checking tonight.

• LittleMissP
    Beginner September 2012
    LittleMissP ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Friends of ours went there at the beginning of September 2years ago and they had brilliantly hot weather 40oC, so didn't think they had a rainy season. But me and the OH will check it all out tonight.

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

"Rainy" doesn't mean "cold". It also doesn't mean "rainy all the time". Smiley smile

• gsijane
    Beginner September 2011
    gsijane ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It was just under 3k for the both of us, all inclusive, 10 days flying with virgin. I loved it. I will say that the place we stayed was really nice but if you want up-most luxury then this resort isn't for you!

• B
    Beginner September 2012
    bia57 ·
    • Hide content

We're going to Maldives on 9th September 2012. We decided that although it is during the rainy season it's somewhere that we've always wanted to go. Speaking to people who have been around that time, it can rain heavily for an hour, but then clears up straight away. Plus, there's bars indoors so something to do if it does rain!!

I think you always take a bit of a chance with the weather wherever you go

• ClaireMcToBe
    Beginner September 2012
    ClaireMcToBe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! I definitely don't need luxury luxury, I'm a down to earth gal Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics