Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner May 2012

Lord Leycester Hospital, Warwick

Rachel_1978, 27 of August of 2011 at 16:00 Posted on Planning 0 19

Anyone out there chosen this as their venue? We have booked for 26th May 2012 and wanted to chat to other people on here...

Thanks!!

Rachel

19 replies

Latest activity by soon-to-be-myers, 4 of February of 2012 at 21:43
  • .adicat
    .adicat ·
    • Hide content

Been to a wedding there, loved it. So much character in one building! You'll have a great day!

• SoontobeMrsB
    Beginner October 2011
    SoontobeMrsB ·
    • Hide content

We're not having our wedding there but I do love that venue! x

• Sparkles82
    Beginner April 2013
    Sparkles82 ·
    • Hide content

I went once and the room was done up for a wedding the following day. It looks STUNNING! I was gobsmacked, it brought a tear to my eye (and I was resolutely single at the time, hated men and was never getting married again lol)

• I
    Beginner January 1999
    irrelephant ·
    • Hide content

Not been to a wedding but frequently drive past and have peeked inside before. it looks lovely!

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I live in Warwick/Leamington Spa and think it is a gorgeous venue. I did consider it but my only concern was parking but there are plenty of car parks nearby for your guests so it isn't a major problem. I have seen loads of beautiful wedding photo's taken there too!

• C
    Beginner June 2012
    charlotte220 ·
    • Hide content

I am having my reception here in June!!!! I cannot wait its perfect and so stunning! Getting very excited now!!!

Only slight issue is the lack of parking but hopefully we can get round that,

• R
    Beginner May 2012
    Rachel_1978 ·
    • Hide content

Oh really? We should discuss our plans and help each other! How are you finding Geral!d?

Rachel

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Are you local? what date is your wedding? Sorry for being nosey just wondering if there were any local Hitchers near to me ?

• R
    Beginner May 2012
    Rachel_1978 ·
    • Hide content

No, I live in London - my fiance is originally from Leamington/Warwick. Our wedding is on Saturday 26th May 2012. You?

• Barefoot
    Beginner August 2012
    Barefoot ·
    • Hide content

I'm local to you hun - currently in Cov but moving to Honiley next week Smiley smile

• C
    Beginner June 2012
    charlotte220 ·
    • Hide content

I live in sussex now but I'm from a village just between coventry and rugby,

so Im getting married in the village church and then going to the LLH for the reception,

im getting married on 4th June 2012- just after you Rachel!

Are you having your ceremony there? How is your planning going??

• C
    Beginner June 2012
    charlotte220 ·
    • Hide content

Definately!!Id love to hear all about your plans!! - have you got your dress??most importantly!

Gerald is lovely!! such a nice man! Ive been back there a couple of times to show my inlaws-to-be and my MOH and they all absoluetly love it!!

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I live in between Leamington and Warwick on Warwick Gates (your fiance will probably know where that is). I'm not getting married until 9th June 2012

• T
    teaparty2011 ·
    • Hide content

Just saw this Lord Leycester thread and wondered if anyone here can help my daughter and her fiance with a bit of a dilemma about music.

They are getting married at the Lord Leycester next year and Gerald has suggested that they have a Jukebox instead of a dj. They are a bit unsure about this and would appreciate some advice from other brides about whether a Jukebox would work and how difficult it will be to persuade Gerald that they are having a dj instead.

• R
    Beginner May 2012
    Rachel_1978 ·
    • Hide content

Hi there

We found the same problem.... the issue is the space. We have opted for a string trio in the courtyard for reception drinks (weather permitting!) and a company called DIY DISCO for the music in the great hall in the eve - probably not my first choice but its grown on me! They provide speakers, lighting and you provide the ipod for music. Better than a DJ as you have complete control over the music and it doesnt really matter it not live music i.e. a band. Hope that helps x

• T
    teaparty2011 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks. That does help. I think they had already realised that there wouldn't be space for a band, but were a bit worried about relying on a jukebox to keep a party going. They had considered an ipod disco, so I will look up the DIY option you mentioned. Hiring lights and speakers would be useful too.

The jukebox does look great though!

Has anyone else hired a dj for the Lord Leycester?

• R
    Beginner May 2012
    Rachel_1978 ·
    • Hide content

DIY Disco have been great so far - hopefully it will all be fine. We have hired Nero String Quartet (but just a trio) for the afternoon - they sound great (Birmingham based and have played at weddings at LLH before so are approved by Gerald!) - their repertoire includes modern music i.e. Killers, Coldplay Beatles etc so not just classical music. Good luck! If you have any recomendations for local suppliers I would be most greatful as I am not local to Warwick!

• T
    teaparty2011 ·
    • Hide content

My daughter lives locally but we don't, so not too sure who to recommend. They are using Aubrey Allen for the food and Underwoods for the drinks, but I think that's as far as they've got. So any suggestions for photographers, florists, cars and entertainment that I can pass on to them would be much appreciated.

• C
    Beginner June 2012
    charlotte220 ·
    • Hide content

My father-in-law to be has all the equipment (as he used to run karaoke nights) so he will do the DJ-ing I think, the plan is that he will get all set up and then we'll just create the playlist and plug it in - similar set up really to the DIY DJ, The only downside with this is that they might be a few seconds gap in between songs

there is also a sound limiter on the music that you have - I'm just a bit worried now about the music just cutting out half way through.....and whether it will be loud enough....Ive never been to a wedding with this set up before

I'd be grateful for any ideas/thoughts anyone's had about how you'll set up the room - where do you think you will have your dancefloor......??

• S
    Beginner July 2012
    soon-to-be-myers ·
    • Hide content

Hello to all you lovely brides and Mrs... to be! i've found your information very useful - especially about the DJ - we will look into a DIY disco.

Gerald and Suzanne have been amazing, Dave and I live in Canada and are coming over to visit and do our eight day residency in March (would love to meet some of you and chat about the big day) I am originally from Devon, England and been living in Canada for 10years, Dave is Canadian

Dave and i will be checking out florists, Cake decorators and Tuxedo rental places, we are going to be staying in Stratford in March.... any suggestions for the above?

Many thanks and cheers to you all

Rachael

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics