Beginner July 2012
    libracat ·
    • Hide content

You look fantastic

• judeclarke
    Beginner October 2011
    judeclarke ·
    • Hide content

I don't think 'boring' is the right word - more like elegant and sophisticated. If you wanted to add something exciting you could add a bigger necklace, but I don't think it would add anything.

• K
    Beginner July 2012
    karen louise ·
    • Hide content

You look stunning . your dress is gorgeous

• Sparkly Bride
    Beginner August 2012
    Sparkly Bride ·
    • Hide content

You look lovely very classy definatly not boring. Love the dress xx

• happy_feet
    Beginner
    happy_feet ·
    • Hide content

Thank you- maybe what one of my friends said to me is true - I've seen it too much! I wish I could ask my OH I always trust his opinion! haha (not that I distrust yours!). Not got final choice of necklance yet as MIL2B wants to lend me one of hers if it suits the dress, and wont see her until next week, other wise there will be call for help to debenhams staff or HIBS! haha

• happy_feet
    Beginner
    happy_feet ·
    • Hide content

Thank you- maybe what one of my friends said to me is true - I've seen it too much! I wish I could ask my OH I always trust his opinion! haha (not that I distrust yours!). Not got final choice of necklance yet as MIL2B wants to lend me one of hers if it suits the dress, and wont see her until next week, other wise there will be call for help to debenhams staff or HIBS! haha

• happy_feet
    Beginner
    happy_feet ·
    • Hide content

Ahh thank you that is really lovely. I just dont tend to wear make up during the day, sometimes foundation if skin is a bit dodgy! Need to stop panicking now!!

• S
    Beginner October 2011
    SuzRowlands ·
    • Hide content

You look stunning, but yes, i think we can also suffer a case of the doubts when we've seen how things will pan out too many times.

What you have to remember (and i'm assuming here!) is that your other half hasn't seen it. He, being the other most important person on the day, will think you look beautifully stunning (which you do!)

So my advice, in it's bluntest form... STOP worrying - let the excitement build! You look fab!! xx

• M
    Beginner October 2012
    madforit ·
    • Hide content

You definitely have the WOW factor. You look simply stunning. Anything extra blingy or too much accessorising will take away the focus of the detail on the dress. xx

• *Mini*
    Beginner January 2012
    *Mini* ·
    • Hide content

Your choice is very safe I would say and you do look very bridal but I have to say its not my cup of tea- is this a massive change from how you normally look? It all depends on if you want to shock people (in a good way obvs) or if you want to look like the "normal" you but a bit weddingy?

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

I agree with what VM said, but I'm not a fan of wedding 'up do's'. I hate my hair up so am keeping it down for my wedding purely for that reason. I think go with what you feel comfortable with, like your friend said you have probably seen it too much.

My personal suggestion would be to perhaps have something more blingy in your hair like a tiara? It all looks really nice together though

• happy_feet
    Beginner
    happy_feet ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for honest opinions, I wouldn't say that I have a general look, think I change appearance quite a bit iykwim, in terms of level of make up. I do keep pondering about hair. I'm nervous having it down as I always think brides look at a bit wind swept by end of night, and kinda hoping it might be warm so thought this might keep me cooler, in terms of a tiara, I used to wear them all the time doing ballet so it's not something very different. Am a bit worried it's too safe, wish Id been more adventurous with dress! Although I think it photographs plainer than on real life, it has a buttons all the way down back which I also think hair down would ruin! Oh so many wobbles! Is it too late to get another dress! Haha

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics