Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

joannexyx
Beginner July 2013

wedding dance

joannexyx, 22 of January of 2011 at 20:24 Posted on Planning 0 4

Has anyone seen the jk wedding dance on the net? im thinkin about doing something like this at the reception. wats peoples opinions on this?

4 replies

Latest activity by miss sunshine, 22 of January of 2011 at 23:53
  • ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

Honestly? I think it was funny for 1 min and then cringey for the other 5 mins. It's made for complete exhibitionists and not everyone can pull it off - it was blatantly obvious who wasn't comfortable with it. I think if it were shorter, it might be more manageable without boring everyone. But I'd never do it, despite a friend suggesting it to me....

Edit: admittedly, a lot of that opinion is guided by the fact that I think that genre of music is dreadful. Now, if you'd asked me to get everyone to rock down the aisle to the Zeppelin....still tempted to appear at the end of aisle to the screeching part of "Immigrant Song". ?

• ajdown
    VIP September 2011
    ajdown ·
    • Hide content

I know it well - there's also a 'divorce dance' routine they did afterwards for a joke following the popularity of the original.

But no, not our style at all.

There's thousands of wedding dances on Youtube - a fun (and occasionally cringeworthy) way to waste half an hour.

• joannexyx
    Beginner July 2013
    joannexyx ·
    • Hide content

Thanks on honest opinion.

my thought were because im doing a dance with my dad and hes a huge Falkirk fc fan (dunno where ur from but their song is Amarillo) so i was gonna turn it into that song as there is a dance and everyone knows it x

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content

So, I don't know the dance to the Amarillo song (unless it's just pretending to walk along and occasionally clapping, a la Peter Kay) but it IS a far more amusing song to start with, compared to the JK dance. I could see that happening. Maybe getting couples to take over at the front of a walking line or something? Don't get me wrong, it'd still be a bit cringey, but a lot less so than the JK dance. And it's Peter Kay (via Tony Christie)! And it's not beyond the realms of imagination that it would get played at a wedding anyway, is it?

• M
    miss sunshine ·
    • Hide content

Me and my OH are just planning on a dance we both feel comfortable with, something traditional and not silly like those on youtube.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics