Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Peaches
Super January 2012

Too old to go camping?

Peaches, 7 of August of 2009 at 16:07 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 7

Hmmm .. it's not my cup of tea, but my Mum, who turned 78 less than a month ago, set off this morning to go camping with the couple she is staying with in France!

Email received this morning said they would be back on Sunday night.

Go Mum! ?

7 replies

Latest activity by Peaches, 7 of August of 2009 at 22:42
  • AliLindsey
    Beginner November 2009
    AliLindsey ·
    • Hide content

Blimey! I'm only 35 and there's no way you'd get me camping! Good for her!

• Carrie74
    Beginner June 2007
    Carrie74 ·
    • Hide content

Well at the ripe age of 34, having been with H for 10 years, and sworn myself off camping after doing my Duke of Edinburgh award at 16, he finally wore me down, and we went camping in the Forest of Dean on Wednesday night. And it was ok! The setting was lovely, the kids loved it (albeit with a bit of a meltdown at bedtime as there was no bedside lamp to keep on for our eldest...), and I didn't sleep tooooo badly.

So there you go - don't ever write it off...

• H
    Beginner
    Headless Lois ·
    • Hide content

Yay for your mum, but I am personally already too old for camping.

L
    xx

• em-ster
    Beginner July 2008
    em-ster ·
    • Hide content

For my sins, I've just booked a camping pod http://www.thepoduk.co.uk/ for the bank holiday weekend as a birthday present to Mr E, who I know will love it

I am hopeful we will be making the most of local restaurants as I'm not planning on camping gaz cuisine and am thankful for the air bed bed I bought a couple of years ago

• Peaches
    Super January 2012
    Peaches ·
    • Hide content

Wow Jules, what a Gran you have! That's quite something to go horse riding at 90 .. kudos to her!

Lois, me too. I think I'm years older in mind than my Mum. The couple she is camping with is her secret love! Well, the husband is. They met on a French twinning exchange - he is nearly 20 years Mum's junior, and they've decided that they'll remain 'just friends' .. although they both would love to give up their lives and sail into the sunset. Mum has never known true love, so she has rose-coloured spectacles on. Still, their nightly chat on the webcam and their time together (even with wife in tow) is enough for them. Each to their own!

• T
    Beginner
    The Bag ·
    • Hide content

I think I'm more impressed with her ability to email! My mother wouldn't know where to start. lol.

Good on her though.

• Peaches
    Super January 2012
    Peaches ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh she's quite the dab hand with computers ... she can email, attach photographs, even converse on webcam.

Give her a mobile phone though and she is useless! Forgets to take it, or if she does, she's not charged it, or turned it on. And as for texting .. !!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics