Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

22tango
Beginner April 2010

accommodation for guests

22tango, 2 of August of 2009 at 09:55 Posted on Planning 0 9

On our invites I'm going to put some info such as map and directions, things to do in the area and places to stay as we have a lot of out-of-towners, so heres my question -

has anyone else made a list of recommended B&Bs, hotels, etc,

did you go and check them out to make sure they are ok?

and - if you tell them you will be recommending them to the wedding guests, will they give the guests a discount?

any experience with the above?

9 replies

Latest activity by 22tango, 3 of August of 2009 at 18:56
  • Amethyst
    Beginner October 2010
    Amethyst ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to make a list (largely copied from diamondsareagirlsbestfriend's list!). There aren't really any 'big' hotels where we are getting married so it will be a combo of different hotels, B&Bs and weekend self-catering places.

I will probably check out the larger places yes & certainly check them all out on the internet looking at their websites & Trip Advisor etc. I spent all afternoon yesterday doing this actually!

With some of the proper hotels I think I will enquire about block booking discounts when we go to look round (or I might email them about this).

HTH.

You are getting married somewhere in SW London IIRC?

X

• Finesse (HIB)
    Finesse (HIB) ·
    • Hide content

Hi ya

For all of my clients I phone the local hotels and find out information about them. I don't usually go and visit them as invariably they're in a different area to me, but the websites usually give you a good idea and tripadvisor is a must! I will always negotiate a special rate for the wedding guests which I put on the information pages. I also include the check in and check out times and extra charges if they wish to have a early checkin or late check out. If the wedding is early I try to negotiate an early checkin in the price or arrange for a room for guests to get changed in.

HTH

Ruth

• 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content

Very helpful ladies, thanks! never heard of trip advisor before so will def check it out.

Amethyst you remember correctly - getting married in Richmond, so anything Richmond/Kingston will do I suspect. my venue has a discount deal with the closest hotel but it is very expensive! (I don't know how much the special rates are but doubt it will make an impact) so I'm going to try and have a range of cheeper B&Bs on there. going to shortlist this weekend and possible go and have a quick look at them next weekend

• Amethyst
    Beginner October 2010
    Amethyst ·
    • Hide content

I love Richmond!

Not glamorous at all but we often stay in Travelodge type places when going somewhere for a wedding as really only looking for somewhere to sleep not hang out in. They are about £50 per night.

There are 2 Travelodges in Kingston:

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/index.php?hotel_id=397

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_book/rooms_rates.php?hotel_id=49&from=list

Trip Advisor is brilliant! I never book anywhere without looking on there first. Also handy to give you a list of places in a certain area.

Here is the Richmond list:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g191301-Richmond_Surrey_England-Hotels.html

• Beccy Sprout
    Beginner
    Beccy Sprout ·
    • Hide content

If you give me your email address I'll email you the copy we used on our info cards, you can copy that if you like seeing as it's the same venue and all!

• 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content

Oh Beccy that would be fantastic and very kind of you!

sorry for the late reply was entertaining H2B's best men this afternoon......

thank you thank you ladies !!!

• Beccy Sprout
    Beginner
    Beccy Sprout ·
    • Hide content

22tango YHM!

• Melancholie
    Beginner December 2014
    Melancholie ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You might be surprised. Our venue got all our guests £140 rooms for £79 and got free rooms for us and both sets of parents. No harm in having some cheaper ones as well (we gave everyone details of the Holiday Inn across the road in addition to the venue room deal) but don't rule out the venue hotel deal.

• Little.Miss-Scatterbrain
    Beginner September 2009
    Little.Miss-Scatterbrain ·
    • Hide content

My dad sorted this out for me, its a hotel he uses regularly when the family have a function on. they have done us a really good deal on dinner bed and breakfast and i just put a small note in with the out of towners invitations saying there were a limited no of rooms available at the special price and to phone stating the lms wedding when booking to secure the preferential rates. it then gave people the choice of either using the accomodation we had organised or find their own if they preferred.

hth

Ax

• 22tango
    Beginner April 2010
    22tango ·
    • Hide content

Thanks ladies for all the advise - this is so much simpler now......

thanks Beccy for the email!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics