Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

P
Beginner May 2011

Wedding song ideas and centre piece help

ppd0411, 5 of September of 2010 at 09:52 Posted on Planning 0 2

Hi everyone, i am after a little help i have been advised by my hotel to pick 5 songs for during my wedding!! I think i have 2 but so unsure about what i want to walk down the aisle to etc, Any ideas would be appricated.

Also i have candle bowls and mirroes for my centre pieces but unsure what to do with them! i want candles as im not really a flower person but i cant just stick candles in the bowls so again any pointers would be of great help.

I get married on 27th May next year and apart from the above im really organised!! (i think)

2 replies

Latest activity by Sherrie H, 6 of September of 2010 at 08:30
  • CupcakeQueen
    Beginner January 2011
    CupcakeQueen ·
    • Hide content

How about some floating candles in the bowl with some flower heads and maybe a nice sand/stone/crystal etc layer at the bottom of the bowl?

If you google fishbowl wedding centrepieces lots of ideas come up. As for the music I am still stuck myself!

• N
    Beginner September 2010
    newcastlelou ·
    • Hide content

It took me weeks to work out our ceremony songs so I sympathise with you.

I presume its a civil service?

We're having:

Guests assembling - Romance No. 2 In F Major for Violin and Orchestra, Op. 50 - Lithuanian Chamber Orchestra, Isidora Schwarzberg-Romanoff & Saulius Sondeckis

Bride's entrance - Yvaine from Stardust soundtrack (one of my favourite films)

Signing of register - Gianni Schicchi: "O mio Babbino caro" - BBC Concert Orchestra & Barry Wordsworth

Bride and groom exit - Epilogue from Stardust soundtrack

I also loved The Swan by Saint-Saen from Carnival of the Animals, Across the Stars from Star Wars Episode II and Pelagia's Song from Captain Corelli's Mandolin.

If you have any favourite films I'd strongly recommend you listening to the soundtracks are there can be beautiful pieces of music on them that aren't too recognisable to the next person but have a special meaning for you.

Good luck

Lou x x x x

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

A few ideas for your centrepeices:

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics