Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner May 2012

Affordable Wedding Dress Shop in London?

Rachel_1978, 17 of June of 2011 at 13:51 Posted on Planning 0 6

I know this has probably been discussed so many times before but I am starting a new thread!

I am getting married on 26th May 2012 and just starting to think about wedding dresses...

I live in Balham, SW London but willing to travel anywhere in London so I know there will be a massive choice! But where do on earth I start? I dont want to trapse around endless places... I dont have the energy for it! I also have an interesting body shape - only 5'2 and petite but have big boobs so I know I will have issues with this!

I also only want to spend about £1000 max. I don't want to get carried away as it is only a dress afterall. A decent service would be great, of course. Not really up for purchasing in places like Debs. I like the smaller shops.

Any advise would be sooooo much appreciated!

Thanksss!

Rachel

6 replies

Latest activity by MrsWill2b, 17 of June of 2011 at 17:54
  • JennyH10
    Beginner May 2013
    JennyH10 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Rach, afraid I live in Liverpool so can't give you any advice but I'd like to wish you luck, I'm getting married May 2013, I am under 5' and I also have very big boobs and my budget is same as yours. Not easy is it? x

At the moment all I'm doing is narrowing down what I like and don't like on-line. Then once I've lost another stone (I have 2 to lose) I'll be making appointments at local shops that stock the sort of dresses I like and I'll go from there although I imagine I might end up getting one made due to my shape.

• Tray1980
    Beginner July 2013
    Tray1980 ·
    • Hide content

My auntie got her dress from here and was really pleased with the service and quality

http://www.londonbrideuk.com/

• Rod
    Beginner
    Rod ·
    • Hide content

In my experience, wedding dress shops in central london can be fairly expensive compared to those on the outskirts or in other counties.

It might be worth calling a few to see what their prices start at, £1000 is a fairly healthy budget, thats what i was planning to spend when i found my perfect dress for under £700! Bear in mind Alterations cost a bit too.

The best thing to do is to just go looking! Trying on etc, if you find a dress you love but its more than you want to pay - take the name of the designer and model name (bear in mind some shops might use their own names - so internet searching might be in order!) then call round stockists of that designer asking what theyre selling the dress for.

Best bit of advice? Enjoy it! Have fun...you defo have time so dont rule anything out! Good luck! x

• D
    Beginner
    dimpie ·
    • Hide content

Hi Rachel,

I'm small and petite too -5'3 and size 8, and was worrying about find THE dress with right size, right design and reasonable price. And I had a really tight deadline - my wedding is in September this year!!

The first and only shop I rushed into is LondonBride too! They are near Elephant & Castle - very easy to find and a nice shop!

Service is good - Considerate, polite and helpful. They have very good selection and a big thumb up to prices! I only tried on 6 dresses in less than 1 hour and found my one! Alteration charge is very reaonsable and the price for the dress is under 500 but it looks expensive!

That was last Tuesday and now I cannot wait to go in again with my shoes to get measurement done properly.

Strongly recommend it to you. And wish you good luck with choosing your dress.

Lina xx

• S
    Beginner August 2011
    syppox2000 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Rachel,

I got mine from All that Glitters in Wimbledon. A great shop and the staff are really friendly. I would say its mid range price and all the dresses I tried were around your price range. I actually sent a friend there and she bought from there too.

• MrsWill2b
    Beginner March 2013
    MrsWill2b ·
    • Hide content

Losners at Stamford Hill. They have loads of dresses! Give them a go.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics