Home > wedding venues > in - UK > Ellenborough Park
Ellenborough Park nestles in beautifully maintained gardens surrounded by the glorious Cotswolds countryside, to provide the most enchanting location imaginable in which to host a spectacular wedding.The hotel has a number of elegant rooms which are fully licensed for civil ceremonies for 12 to 140 guests. Receptions of all sizes can be catered for in style. From large marquee weddings or a lavish celebration in the light and airy De la Bere Court, right through to more intimate gatherings in the smaller rooms within the Main House. Whatever the requirement, Ellenborough Park offers exactly the right setting to exceed every couple’s exacting wishes, with the manor house and grounds providing the perfect backdrop for those all important photographs.Weddings are impeccably managed by an experienced wedding coordinator, to ensure that every aspect of the planning, as well as the big day itself, goes without a hitch, leaving couples to concentrate on having a truly fabulous day.
From a total of 2 reviews
02 Jan 2012, Debbie rated Ellenborough Park
Just perfectEllenborough Park is a fabulous place to hold your wedding. We were married in a local church and then held the wedding reception at the hotel. As it was winter, we held our drinks reception in the Gallery with the wedding breakfast and evening reception held in the De La Bere Court.
The hotel is beautiful, and grounds (although needing a few more years to truly be at their best) are lovely. The same could be said for all the well known/long established Cotswold wedding venues but what sets Ellenborough Park apart is the staff and attention to detail. We were never treated as one of a number – and always as a valued guest. Phone calls/emails are responded to, concerns allayed by an experienced team.
We found most of the suppliers recommended by the hotel and used by us were local, helpful, patient and very good - for flowers (Donna Beaver), chair covers (Emma) photographer (Adam Drake Photographers- Lucy & Brian), DJ (Bonehead) and stationery (Paper Treats). Other suppliers we sourced and would recommend are Soulstar (band) who kept all on the dance floor and Sophie Everett (make-up).
In the days before the wedding Louise and Miranda went step by step through the day with us and had detailed notes to ensure our day ran according to our wishes. They were in contact with all our suppliers and ensured all knew where to go and timings which took the stress of the day away from us.
On our wedding day the events team looked after us and all our guests wonderfully. There was nothing on the day that could be faulted and everything (food/tables/rooms) was beautifully presented by the hotel.
My regret on the day after my wedding was that we hadn't booked to stay another night…
26 May 2011, Lucy and Paul Sandwell rated Ellenborough Park
The staff alone are worth 5 starsWe were treated like royalty on the day; the staff couldn't have done more for us. The venue is stunning, the food out of this world and the overall experience was unforgettable.
The hotel room was perfect for a bride and her entourage. The chapel was very romantic and personal. The reception room was stunning with all the mod-cons you need. The food was exquisite and the backdrop for photos was beautiful. We couldn't have asked for anything more for our perfect day.
If you decide to get married with just a few months’ notice, Ellenborough Park is the ideal host for your wedding. We can offer a special rate that includes almost everything that is needed for the perfect wedding and reception, however little time you have.
Late Availability weddings can currently be booked for any remaining dates within the next 4 calender months.
Late availability weddings are based on 50 guests for a rate of £6,750, and include:
• Hire of Ellenborough Gallery for your Civil Ceremony
• Use of the grounds and internal area for drinks reception and photographs
• Two glasses of Sparkling Wine for your reception drinks
• Three canapés per person to accompany the drinks reception
• Hire of De la Bere Court for the Wedding Breakfast
• Three course Wedding Breakfast with coffee and chocolate truffles
• Half a bottle of House Wine per person to accompany the Wedding Breakfast
• A glass of Sparkling Wine per person for the toasts
• Complimentary menu tasting and wine tasting for the Bride and Groom
• Wedding breakfast stationery - seating plan, place cards, table names or numbers and menus
• Floral Table displays using seasonal flowers – four low table centres/candelabra bases and one long top table arrangement or five low table centres/candelabra bases, in your choice of colour.
• Use of cake stand and knife if required
• Master of Ceremonies to ensure the smooth running of the day
• Use of De la Bere Court and its private bar area for your evening reception and entertainment
• DJ and dance floor
• Cheeseboard for evening guests
• A Luxury room for the night of the wedding with a bottle of House Champagne
• Two 55 minute Spa Treatments for the Bride and/or Groom on the day prior to the wedding.*
If you have more than 50 guests this package can be adjusted flexibly as follows:
• Additional day and evening guests £95 each
• Additional children £35 each
• Additional evening guests £10 each
• For all Civil Ceremonies, it is the responsibility of the Bride and Groom to book and pay for the registrars.
• Late Availability weddings taking place on Saturdays or Bank Holiday Fridays and Sundays require a minimum of 11 bedrooms to be paid for by you or your guests.
Late Availability weddings can currently be booked for any remaining dates within the next 4 calender months, including some still available Friday and Saturday dates.
Ellenborough Park in Cheltenham are offering reduced room hire and minimum spend for any weddings booked for Spring or Summer 2013 - all Friday, Saturday and Sunday dates will be charged at their respective off-peak rates.
My Cost so far:
Create a free budget plan to organise your finances!
Create a free personalised to-do list to help make your planning easy and fun!
Make sure you check back regularly as we are always adding new competitions.