Picking a hotel venue licensed for weddings is the perfect choice for many couples — as well as being able to hold the ceremony and reception in one place, guests coming from afar can easily stay over.
We’ve handpicked 10 of the most stunning spots around the country to inspire you.
- Chilston Park Hotel, KentChilston Park Hotel, a 17th century Grade I listed manor house, was once home to the aristocracy and is still one of Kent’s most exclusive wedding venues. Set among 22 acres of parkland, with an award-winning restaurant, stunning suites and feature rooms to stay in, there are also several different wedding packages available.
Contact Chilston Park for more details: www.handpickedhotels.co.uk/hotels/Chilston-Park
- Mar Hall Golf & Spa Resort, GlasgowWhen it comes to a luxurious wedding day, it’s hard to beat a hotel with its own championship golf course and Décleor spa. Surrounded by 200 acres of woodland, Mar Hall is only 10 minutes from Glasgow airport. And the 53 bedrooms are individually designed, with a four-poster bed in the Grand Suites, while you can even arrange personal 24-hour butler service.
Contact Mar Hall for more details: www.marhall.com
- Cragwood Country House Hotel, CumbriaSet in the heart of the Lake District, you can have some of the country’s most romantic scenery all to yourself with exclusive hire of Cragwood Country House Hotel. Why not arrange a private boat cruise on Lake Windermere then enjoy the house’s original features like wood panelling and impressive fireplaces. There’s even an in-house cake designer here — and you can finish the day in the bridal suite’s four-poster bed.
Contact Cragwood Country House for more details: www.lakedistrictcountryhotels.co.uk/cragwood-hotel
- Lake Vyrnwy Hotel & Spa, Powys, WalesSet in a 24,000 acre nature reserve, Lake Vyrnwy Hotel has some of the country’s most beautiful views out to the lake and its fairytale tower. All 52 bedrooms are individually decorated, some with four-poster beds and balconies and most with lake views. You can relax in the spa or by the drawing room’s log fire, as well as enjoying your wedding fireworks from the private terraces.
Contact Lake Vyrnwy for more details: www.lakevyrnwy.com
- Mallory Court Hotel, WarwickshireThis country house hotel has four suites for civil ceremonies and another four rooms for receptions, as well as letting you enjoy the landscaped gardens from the terrace or relax beside a roaring fire in winter. You can also hire the 30 bedroom Mallory Court Hotel exclusively, as well as arranging beauty treatments to have in your room.
Contact Mallory Court for more details: www.mallory.co.uk
- The Talbot, Ripley, SurreyOne of Britain’s finest coaching inns (and reputedly where Lord Nelson and Lady Hamilton’s love affair blossomed back in the 18th century) The Talbot still has original oak beams and inglenook fireplaces. Owned by celebrity chef Marco Pierre White, you can be sure of fabulous food, while traditional features give the inn’s bedrooms plenty of quirky charm.
Contact The Talbot for more details: www.thetalbotripley.com
- The Dukes Head Hotel, NorfolkIdeal whether you’re looking for an intimate ceremony for less than 30, or to hire the hotel exclusively and throw an extravagant bash in the ballroom for up to 260, The Duke’s Head has been holding events with style since Georgian times. Set in the heart of the old town of King’s Lynn, overlooking the historic marketplace, the rooms have thoroughly modern king-sized beds as well as walk-in showers.
Contact The Duke’s Head for more details: www.dukesheadhotel.com
- Rhinefield House Hotel, HampshireKnown locally as the “Jewel in the Forest”, Rhinefield House combines the natural beauty of the New Forest with a four-star country mansion. As well as three licensed function rooms for civil ceremonies, space for fireworks in the grounds, a spa, restaurant and outdoor swimming pool, there are two stunning feature suites, one with floor to ceiling windows, the other occupying the former bedroom of the lady of the house.
Contact Rhinefield House for more details: www.handpickedhotels.co.uk/hotels/rhinefield-house
- Etrop Grange Hotel, Greater ManchesterThe perfect destination for foodie couples, Etrop Grange’s chef trained at the legendary Noma restaurant and The Fat Duck. And while the Grade II listed building is just two minutes from Manchester Airport (great if you’re looking to fly straight off on honeymoon) the Georgian architecture, marble fireplaces and chandeliers will make you feel like you’ve stepped back in time.
Contact Etrop Grange for more details: www.etrophotel.co.uk
- The Castle Hotel, SomersetIt’s hard to beat a venue inside a historic castle for sheer romance, and the Castle Hotel in Taunton is no exception. As well as four private rooms to suit all wedding sizes, there’s also a peaceful rose garden, perfect for photos, not to mention the exquisite wisteria which decorates the exterior of the venue during the spring. Previous chefs include Phil Vickery and Gary Rhodes, so it’s no surprise that the restaurant is well-known for its food, and there are 44 individually decorated rooms to stay in.
Contact The Castle for more details: www.the-castle-hotel.com