We take a closer look at ten super stylish wedding gowns that are sure to wow your guests as you walk down the aisle
Every wedding dress is special, but there are certain styles with such a powerful impact that they can make you feel as incredible as a Hollywood star or supermodel. We’ve chosen 10 inspirational gowns, so stunning that they will add the ultimate WOW to your wedding day.
- Annika by Maggie SotteroA classic bridal dress that makes you look and feel like a princess will always be overflowing with wow factor. This fabulous, ballerina-like ball gown by Maggie Sottero has a one-shoulder neckline and corset closure, sweetly decorated with a statement shoulder bow and glistening brooch for extra bling. The Valencia organza waistband, with beaded motifs, beautifully frames the softly-gathered tulle skirt.
Contact for more information and prices.
- Style 2051 by Benjamin RobertsA wow-worthy gown doesn’t have to be completely contemporary or very trendy — it can be dreamy and romantic and still make a dramatic impression on your day. Benjamin Roberts’ organza gown has a pretty, appliqué detail on the finest tulle, falling elegantly to the floor from a fitted, empire sweetheart neckline. The beauty of this dress is that it works with lots of figure shapes and sizes, and will wow your wedding at any time of year.
Contact Benjamin Roberts for more information and prices.
- Helsinki & bow by Ritva WesteniusWhen we’re talking wow factor, any statement you make needs to be a big one – and it doesn’t get much bigger (or more amazing) than this utterly breathtaking dress by Ritva Westenius. Dramatic, elegant and unforgettable, the dress has a bow corsage in Italian crepe with a duchesse satin collar, covered buttons and hemline.
Prices start from £3,000. Contact Ritva Westenius for more information.
- Style 17412F by Victoria JaneThis absolutely glamorous fishtail, square-necked dress, shown in Champagne, will draw gasps from the congregation. Anna Selby from Victoria Jane says: “This Victoria Jane gown will give the wow factor with its intricate embellishments, finest fabric and unique design, made using the techniques and qualities of contemporary couture.”
Contact Victoria Jane for more information and prices.
- Vecaria by CoastA modern dress with vintage twists is bound to make a big impact and this gorgeously affordable, just-above-the-knee-length dress from Coast dares to be different. Made in soft silk cotton it has tiny ruffle details at the arms and glamorous neckline. As well as additional ruffles along the two swishing hem frills, there are also fluttering feathers, a fabulous high fashion feature. Just wow!
Prices start from £295. Contact Coast for more information.
- The Steeple by Belle & BuntyThere are plenty of vintage-inspired dresses, but when you find one with lashings of wow factor, you won’t forget it in a hurry. The Steeple, by London-based label Belle & Bunty, known for its feminine, individual and elegant designs, is an absolute show-stopper. Truly unusual, its central feature is the cutout back which contrasts sensationally with silk satin, silk crepe and a double ruffle detail at the sleeve.
Prices start from £1,450. Contact Belle & Bunty for more information.
- Georgia by Nicki FlynnThe classic, A-line shape of this gown is totally wow. A taffeta, strapless bridal gown it features lace appliqués on a tulle underskirt and a lace-up back. This is a delightful, stylish dress that lends itself particularly well to wow accessories, such as a faux fur shrug, statement necklace with a shimmering stone or a daring headdress.
Prices start from £1,095. Contact Nicki Flynn for more information.
- Evelyn by Sanyukta ShresthaAn increasing number of brides want a gown that has oodles of wow factor — but is eco-friendly too. Designed by Nepal born Sanyukta Shrestha, this bias cut silk gown is made with organic heavy silk, 100% silk tulle and fair-traded organic cotton sateen. A beautiful choice for tall, willowy brides the wow factor is enhanced by the detachable embroidered cap sleeved bolero and stunning “Esther” belt.
Evelyn gown from £2,145 with Evelyn bolero from £5. Contact Sanyukta Shrestha for more information.
- Mischa by Sassi HolfordExclusive to the London Couture Collection, magnificent Mischa is a wow factor dress for the fashion forward; it is covered in ruffles, one of the biggest bridal trends for 2012. With a feminine bow detail at the centre of the sweetheart neckline it combines a seductive bustier with a wonderfully full, textured lace ruffle skirt.
Price starts from £3,895. Contact Sassi Holford for more information.
- Style 11184 by Ellis BridalsThis stunning, pleated, floor-length gown is bound to make your guests (and your groom) say “wow”. With a striking sweetheart bust line, the fine tulle is overlaid with embellished lace, and it has descending covered buttons with a graceful high neck and capped sleeves. The silhouette is a soft and sweeping mermaid with a slim, figure-hugging finish to flatter you senseless as you walk down the aisle.
Contact Ellis Bridals for more information and prices.
More Bridalwear Articles