Lace is a timeless fabric for brides, but if you’re considering a lace dress, check out some of the latest (and loveliest) styles available
Lace is a fabric that will never fade from bridal style, and whether you want just a touch of it, or a full-on lace bridal gown, there are lots of styles to choose from in the current collections. We've chosen 11 of the latest lace dresses to inspire every bride, from the vintage princess to the cutting edge fashionista - whatever your style (and budget), there really is a lace dress out there for you.
- Jaime from EnzoaniLace lends itself perfectly to a vintage wedding, and this gorgeous example from Enzoani really amps up the retro glamour. The beaded cap sleeves totally enhance the sweetheart bust and the lace, organza and tulle create a very opulent, 1920s-inspired effect. To enhance the romance, beaded appliqués adorn the bodice, and the skirt, made with lace over tulle and charmeuse, flows beautifully.
For more information visit: www.enzoani.com
- 6037 from Stella YorkHandcrafted with stunning detail, this dress is artfully adorned with diamante embellishments. With a sweetheart neckline, the column-style gown is made from vintage-inspired corded lace on soft tulle over satin. With romantic, thoughtful details that stand the test of time, even the back zipper is concealed under sparkling crystal buttons for a finishing touch of class.
For more information visit: www.essensedesigns.com
- Elegance from Donna SaladoSeen from the (beautiful) back, this gorgeous dress by Donna Salado makes such a statement. Best suited to tall, willowy brides, this dress is so opulent it would suit a lavish European city wedding in London, Paris, Rome or Madrid. With lashings of lace across the bodice, skirt and train, and flattering sheer lace panels at the back and décolletage, it really is sensational.
For more information visit: www.marklesley.co.uk
- Gabrielle from Sarah JanksWith laser-cut butterflies and blooms, this Sarah Janks gown is made with beautifully beaded Chantilly lace. The thin straps anchor the chemise neckline and plunging, open back, while ribbons of bias-cut silk chiffon trellis the bodice and flow into a fluted skirt with train. Available in ivory or blush, the dress is from Janks’s Canto Paradiso (Song of Paradise) collection, a celebration of love, loss and bliss – and new beginnings.
For more information visit: www.silkblooms.co.uk
- Azalia Midi Dress from Alie StreetThis pretty, feminine and simple lace dress ensures the bride takes centre stage. Great for a country or barn wedding, it was designed with relaxed wedding celebrations in mind. It features a sheer lace panel with high neckline, is embellished with embroidery and appliqué lace, plus a midi length skirt with an easily wearable fit and flare silhouette and intricate lace details.
For more information visit: www.aliestreet.com
- 3871 from Sincerity BridalThis is a truly timeless, utterly elegant wedding dress. With beaded, embroidered lace, tulle and satin, the fit and flare silhouette is highlighted by a sheer panelled sweetheart neckline. To balance the “mermaid” shape of this gown, wear your hair piled high or choose a dramatic veil or headdress to add volume to your top half.
For more information visit: www.sinceritybridal.com
- 7028 from Mark LesleyLace really gets the chance to shine thanks to this sultry design by Mark Lesley. Made with lace and soft satin, you can either style this strapless dress simply, with hair pulled back and minimal accessories, or glam it up with huge curls, dramatic make-up, a statement necklace and a red rose bouquet. This stunning dress is also available with subtle colour contrasts between the lace and satin fabrics.
For more information visit: www.marklesley.co.uk
- VR61504 from VeromiaIf you’re looking for some drama – and lashings of glamour – this show-stopping gown by Veromia is one to watch. Made with lace and tulle, and available in ivory or white, the halter neck and full skirt add a touch of the “diva” (in the best possible way) to this design. Hollywood curls look particularly effective with this dress and consider a statement bracelet and earrings, rather than a big necklace.
For more information visit: www.veromia.co.uk
- 6094 from SweetheartMade with beaded, embroidered lace and jersey, this easy-to-wear, straight dress is accented by a Sabrina neckline and flattering layers at the waistline. A fresh, feminine and versatile bridal gown, it looks lovely with hair half up and half down, or with a swept-up beehive style, and would be just as elegant at a country manor house as a boutique hotel in the city.
For more information visit: www.sweetheartgowns.com
- Mistinguett with Sleeves from Sabina MotasemIf you want to add a lovely lace layer to a wedding dress (great for a winter wedding), consider the Mistinguett from Sabina Motasem. This is a full French corded lace dress designed to wear over Motasem’s Elsa or Colette dresses. It has a slash neck, cap sleeves (or it’s available with long or three quarter length sleeves), and a plunging V-neckline with satin covered buttons and a puddle train.
For more information visit: www.motasem.co.uk
- Audrina from Chi Chi LondonIf you’re a bride on a budget, consider a hugely affordable lace dress from Chi Chi London, a young, fast fashion brand with catwalk-inspired designs. The Audrina lace dress is fully lined with a Bardot neckline, an ankle length scallop detail skirt and a mesh underskirt for a hint of 50s glam. It’s ridiculously good value at just £81.99.
For more information visit: www.chichiclothing.com