We take a look at ten gorgeous wedding gowns that are guaranteed to flatter your figure
Wedding dresses tell the story of your day, express your personality and look beautiful and princess-like in your wedding photographs. The perfect design should also flatter your figure senseless, helping you to look and feel confident and stunning on your special day
- Full Skirt ImpactRuffles are huge news this year and adding them to a full skirt will really enhance your curves, particularly if you are a slim bride and want to look more voluptuous on the day. This pretty dress by True Bride has one shoulder and a pleated, sweetheart bodice, perfect for a slender frame, with a full and frill-tastic skirt. The satin waistband can be ordered in over 50 shades.
Contact True Bride for more details.
- Fishtail FinesseA fishtail gown is ideal if you’re a tall, willowy bride and you want to look elegant and chic, making the most of your statuesque figure. This heavenly dress by Benjamin Roberts is available in its original design — as a strapless, satin fishtail gown — but tall, athletic brides can take full advantage of the tulle overlay which enhances your femininity as well as your figure.
Contact Benjamin Roberts for more details.
- Caressing Your CurvesCurvy brides can really carry off asymmetric lines and this incredible wedding dress from the Julietta Collection is as near to perfection as you can get. Designed by Mori Lee for Madeline Gardner, the pleated v-neckline is ideal for a full bust and the high, beautifully-embellished waist gives you a sensational A-line shape. Available in sizes 18-34, this standout gown is finished with sparkling crystal embellishments.
Contact Mori Lee by Madeline Gardner for more details.
- Love Your LegsIf you have long, toned legs that you’re hoping to show off on the big day, a short wedding dress will look fabulous. Tobi Hannah’s Croseta has a vintage 60s appeal but the oversized rose detailing at the waist and the structured skirt give it a thoroughly modern impact. The simple shaping of the body and the thigh-skimming length ensures that your lovely legs are centre stage.
Contact Tobi Hannah for more details.
- Fashion ForwardPetite brides can make the most of trends because a slight figure is perfect for fashionable cuts, embellishments and unusual lines. The peplum (a short overskirt usually attached to a dress or skirt) is one of 2012’s biggest trends and the incredible Elizabeth dress by Lara Hannah works it to the max. With short sleeves and square, statement shoulders, the embellished peplum contrasts beautifully with the delicate silk crepe.
Contact Lara Hannah for more details.
- Vertical MagicIf you want a dress that will slim down your figure, adding vertical lines to a design will always work wonders – particularly if the lines run down a well-fitted corset. Pretty, dreamy and flattering, this dress by Veromia shows just how flattering a vertical line can be, particularly with a scoop neck, a clever use of embellishments and the timeless ball gown silhouette.
Contact Veromia for more details.
- Simple and StunningIf you have a voluptuous figure, it’s tempting to rush for the elaborate corsets and ball gown designs, but a very simple and elegant dress can be just as effective. This timeless v-neck design by Sincerity+ looks incredible on a fuller figure. It subtly shows off your bust line, and smoothes hips and tum, giving the impression of utter body confidence and total sophistication.
Contact Sincerity+ for more details.
- Honour Your HourglassA column gown will really showcase an hourglass figure. Made with satin and crepe, Sienna by Sassi Holford is all about your shape. The delicate lace shoulders do not detract from the silhouette which clings to your curves and the sweetheart neckline, combined with a stunning lace overlay, makes this dress a first choice for brides with a figure to die for.
Contact Sassi Holford for more details.
- The Complete PackageTall? Slim? Curves in all the right places? Check out this stunning design from Trudy Lee. Most flattering to the an hourglass shape, this classic fishtail dress has unusual detailing and embellishment at the waist to add glamour and a contemporary twist. This dress really shows off your neck, shoulders and arms, so it is best suited to gym bunnies, or those who are perfectly toned.
Contact Trudy Lee for more details.
- Gorgeously CurvyIf you’re a very curvy bride, a dress designed specifically with the fuller figure in mind is always worth trying. The Gorgeous with Curves Collection at Benjamin Roberts is full of dreamy dresses that soften your shape, flatter your assets and complement your curves. From gentle pleats to waist cinching embellishments, a dress from this range will look fabulous in your wedding photographs.
Contact Benjamin Roberts for more details.