If you’re getting married overseas, your dress should suit the climate, the country, the venue and, of course, your individual style. We’ve chosen 10 stunning gowns, perfectly suited to weddings across the globe, to help you find the destination dress of your dreams.
- Beauty on the Beach in the Indian OceanAn exotic beach wedding gives you license to be as sexy as you dare. With a low-plunging neckline, this Jim Hjelm Blush dress is beach-perfect. Just imagine wearing the ivory cotton lace over Champagne Charmeuse gown (with a floral detail and sweep train) as you say your vows in bare feet on the white sand of The Maldives, or tie the knot as the sun sets over the idyllic Seychelles...amazing!
Contact Jim Hjelm Blush for more details.
- Timeless Glamour in EuropeIf your destination wedding will be a traditional, elegant affair in a European city like Milan, Prague or Lisbon, a light 1930s-style dress with lashings of glamour is the ideal choice. This satin halter neck dress by Johanna Hehir oozes old-school pizzazz with a flattering ruched waist and diamante trim. If the temperature is likely to drop in the evening, or you’re marrying out of season, a faux fur shrug only adds to the elegance.
Visit Johanna Hehir for more details.
- City Chic in ParisA Parisian wedding is one of the most romantic propositions, but it is also the perfect backdrop for a hip, fashion-forward wedding outfit. Taken from the Jazz Age Collection, the beautiful Garbo bridal jumpsuit is uber “city chic”. The sweetheart bodice and waist-hugging diamante belt contrast with the wide-cut legs to create a beautiful silhouette. Wear with a wide brimmed hat and lace shrug for maximum Parisian effect.
Contact Stephanie Allin for more details.
- Light and Lovely in AustralasiaIf you plan to go long haul for an adventurous wedding Down Under, you’ll need a dress that is light, graceful and easy to transport. This simply sensational wrap-style dress by Victoria Jane for Ronald Joyce is just the ticket. The cool and contemporary design, with sheer sleeves and an extravagant train, could be worn anywhere from Bondi Beach to the picture-perfect islands of Fiji.
Contact Victoria Jane for more details.
- Keep it Short in New YorkA contemporary wedding in New York gives you the opportunity to express your individuality, break with all traditions and be an absolute diva for the day. A flirty style that shows off your assets could even make the society pages of the New York Times - so how about a cutting edge dress from Madeline Gardner New York? This delicately embellished tulle dress, a daring length for a modern bride, would look breathtaking against the NYC skyline.
Contact Madeline Gardner for more details.
- Sizzling in SpainFrom the glorious weather to the passion of the flamenco, it is little wonder that Spain is a hot destination for British couples marrying abroad. To capture the Spanish spirit, consider the lace-laden Camara by Nicola Anne, a sensationally-shaped gown with a Spanish twist. From the oversized corsage under the bust to the dramatic fishtail cut, this dress would sizzle in Seville, Madrid or Barcelona.
Contact Nicola Anne for more details.
- Boho-cool in the CaribbeanMarrying in a tropical paradise is the ultimate dream for many couples. In the Caribbean, you could be saying “I do” under a gazebo in The Bahamas or with the stunning scenery of St. Lucia as your photographic backdrop. So many dresses can work in this setting, but adding a little boho charm looks beautiful, timeless and suitably dreamy. We love this single ruffle detail dress by Benjamin Roberts.
Contact Benjamin Roberts for more details.
- Ancient Passion in GreeceFrom the romantic islands to the thriving city of Athens, Greece is steeped in ancient history. If you were attracted to a Grecian wedding by the rich mythology, your dress could echo the beauty of Aphrodite, goddess of love, and Hera, goddess of marriage. With its unusual beaded neckline, pretty shape and unmistakably Grecian inspiration, Avalon by Romantica is cool enough for the soaring temperatures on a Greek Isle, or a bustling city setting.
Contact Romantica for more details.
- A Regal Affair in AfricaWith echoes of Kate Middleton’s wedding gown, this sophisticated and regal Elle dress by Augusta Jones is perfect for a destination wedding in Africa. This is a dress that would look as dramatic on a Kenyan beach as it would at an elegant resort on the Red Sea coast. The on-trend, long lace sleeves offer a sense of classic modesty, whilst the belt (sold separately) enhances the “African Queen” effect.
Contact Augusta Jones for more details.
- Party with Passion in South AmericaBrazil, Costa Rica, Argentina, Chile and Venezuela are growing in popularity as wedding destinations. Lake views, vast mountain ranges, wondrous waterfalls and unexpected cultural influences — South American destinations call for a dress that is one-of-a-kind. This unusual and unique design by Ugo Zaldi is perfect; from the statement bow to the flowing sleeves everything about it screams passion, personality and a carnival-style style celebration.
Contact Ugo Zaldi for more details.