Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

B
Beginner October 2009

Mink mink mink

Boo76, 27 of March of 2009 at 17:38 Posted on Planning 0 17

Evening all

New-ish poster ? but long time lurker ?

Think I could have made a he-uge error in going for this wretched colour mink! OH has chosen his cravat in mink, and I'm fine with that, he looks gorgeous and I like the colour in general. But looking for BMs' dresses on Dessy and Watter and can I find dresses in this colour? Well, yes, a few but not enough! They are either too pink or too beige. Starting to freak out just a weeny bit now ..... maybe I should have gone for something more normal.....

If any one has any suggestions, I will be eternally grateful .....

Thanks in advance ?

Boo76

17 replies

Latest activity by Boo76, 30 of March of 2009 at 10:35
  • Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Do you have an actual colour to show us because I'm wondering if the mink colour I'm thinking of it different to what you have?

This for example to me is a dark mink

You don't need to match it exactly because something in the same colour roughly but a different shade would work as well.

• B
    Beginner October 2009
    Boo76 ·
    • Hide content

Hi PurrfectGems

This is a very good point; people have very different ideas of what Mink is. I am no different! I'm probably imagining blooming green or something! The dress you have posted is maybe slightly too purple I think but it is about right. Maybe a little more brownygoldy. Um, let me see if I can find something I can post...

I'm thinking maybe I should also be looking at Mocha, Cafe or Stone colours too?

Boo76

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Sorry I forgot to say hello and welcome to the world of Hitched.

I think using Mocha, Cafe, Stone colours would all work as well.

For example this is my bm dress and the kilts

and the cravats are going to be silver because no blue cravat was nice.

Oh and it may only look like I have the perfect match but the kilts were originially green when I picked the bm dress colour so it's only by chance h2b changed his mind.

This is the stationery which was designed with the green kilt in mind so actually I don't have a matching colour scheme now because h2b messed it all up! lol.

What I'm trying to say is that colours don't really matter 100%.

If you have a look here https://www.flickr.com/photos/34298875@N07/sets/72157612497713732/ you'll see my flowergirl dress is ivory and my dress is gold. I just wasn't too bothered about having everything totally right but hopefully it won't look too bad in the pictures.

x

• Laura_Lee
    Beginner
    Laura_Lee ·
    • Hide content

There are some lovely dresses in coast at the mo in a 'mink' colour;

https://www.coastfashion.com/womens/dresses

• Laura_Lee
    Beginner
    Laura_Lee ·
    • Hide content

As PG says though - varying shades of cofffe/taupe/mink/cream could look lovely.

What time of year are you getting married?

• debs1701
    Beginner
    debs1701 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, welcome to hitched ?, what style of BM dresses are you looking for?

Have you tried http://www.foreverbridals.com/?, these all come in a range of colours

• mummy
    Beginner March 2009
    mummy ·
    • Hide content

My husband and bestman had mink cravats, I had 2 flower girls in mink dresses, and 3 page boys in dusky pink shirts, and 2 bridesmaids in dusky pink and mink dresses, here is a bit of the colour scheme will find one of it all together in a sec!!

• mummy
    Beginner March 2009
    mummy ·
    • Hide content

Here we are! This is my big old pose of people and mix of colours :-)

• B
    Beginner October 2009
    Boo76 ·
    • Hide content

Hi Ladies

Thanks for your words of welcome and advice, much appreciated!

Getting married this October, and really looking for a tea length chiffon dress for the BMs as the bottom of mine has a chiffon layer over the top so it kind of looks a bit floaty. I will check out all of those recommendations though. Love Coast dresses in general! Not sure if its the combo of mink and chiffon thats the problem. Have seen a few great chiffon dresses on Watters and Dessy but none in mink...

PurrfectGems - great pics and lovely dresses! Stationary is great too.

Boo76

• mummy
    Beginner March 2009
    mummy ·
    • Hide content

My bridesmaid dresses above were a chiffon layer over the top, but not that helpful as they were last year Debenhams, and I got them in the blue cross sale.....

• B
    Beginner October 2009
    Boo76 ·
    • Hide content

Mummy (have to admit that does feel a bit weird calling you that....) loving your work! Great drsses and pics. The darker shade is kind of where I am aiming at I think...

That Coast dress is perfect. Spot on, maybe putting a chuffon shawl thingy with it would do.....

?

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Tea length, floaty....we need Royalty. 2 ticks and I'll find a pic of her bm dresses.

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

Have a look here and the style Royalty is having her bm's in. I'm sure the dresses came in heaps of colours

• F
    Beginner August 2009
    Fireflower ·
    • Hide content

Hi

Have you looked at Alfred Angelo dresses? I'm having these:

but in a burnt orange. They are lovely and floaty and very flattering on. AA have quite a wide range of colours.

• B
    Beginner October 2009
    Boo76 ·
    • Hide content

Wow - feels like my issues have been washed away with this glass of wine I'm sipping! So many ideas ... thanks a mill.

that white dress is lush. do you know where it is from? the skirt bit of it is fab. I like the AA one aswell...

Maybe I'm actually going to be spoiled for choice?!?

• Lynseys Designs
    Beginner
    Lynseys Designs ·
    • Hide content

If you put a thread out for Royalty she will hopefully tell you where it is from.

• debs1701
    Beginner
    debs1701 ·
    • Hide content
  • B
    Beginner October 2009
    Boo76 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks again ladies - your help is much appreciated

Boo76

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups