Gary Speed - Latest rumour?

Join the conversation!

Chat and get advice from other brides-to-be.

Register for free Sign in to reply
Page 1 of 5 (67 items) 12345Next >
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 28 Nov 2011 15:13

Gary Speed - Latest rumour?

So I've just heard that apparently he was gay and the papers had found out about this and were planning to expose it this week!? If this is true then something has to f**king give!! Another death on the paps hands potentially, it sickens me!

• Posted: 28 Nov 2011 15:16

Re: Gary Speed - Latest rumour?

Oh my god, that's awful! 

• Posted: 28 Nov 2011 15:17

Have seen many potential "explanations", none of which are worth the attention until something more definite emerges (IF something more definite emerges).

• Posted: 28 Nov 2011 15:17

Jeez if thats true then I hope those responsible feel suitably ashamed of themselves. When did it become acceptable to hound someone to this point? In some cases I agree that they put themselves out there in the public eye so can't complain when people show an interest in their private lives but this man was just doing his job and loving football. Why do we need to know or care what he did behind closed doors??

• Posted: 28 Nov 2011 15:18

ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown:

Have seen many potential "explanations", none of which are worth the attention until something more definite emerges (IF something more definite emerges).

Was just saying Footlong

• Posted: 28 Nov 2011 15:24

Nutella:

Why do we need to know or care what he did behind closed doors??

This.

• Posted: 28 Nov 2011 15:46

On Saturday morning I had a call from a friend on mine whose wife works for one of the tabloids. Amongst other subjects I was told something about Gary Speed that wasn't in the public domain. Hearing of his death on Sunday was shocking and makes me wonder how much truth there was in what I was told. 

If it's as I suspect, I hope there's a hack out there having a very dark day in their soul. 

It's a very sad thing to happen and my thoughts are with his family and friends who must be distraught. 

• Posted: 28 Nov 2011 15:51

If there IS something on its way to publication (either formally or informally), and if it IS anything like Claire proposes, it says something pretty dreadful about society, both general society that hunger for such details and sporting society that an intelligent, rational man could feel ashamed/stigmatised for something like this.

I'd be pointing my finger at more than just a story-driven reporter.

• Posted: 28 Nov 2011 15:52

Cricket bride:

On Saturday morning I had a call from a friend on mine whose wife works for one of the tabloids. Amongst other subjects I was told something about Gary Speed that wasn't in the public domain. Hearing of his death on Sunday was shocking and makes me wonder how much truth there was in what I was told. 

If it's as I suspect, I hope there's a hack out there having a very dark day in their soul. 

It's a very sad thing to happen and my thoughts are with his family and friends who must be distraught. 

Surprise

Shocking and disgusting. Although it also means rather than face whatever it was he'd rather leave his children to grow up Fatherless which is selfish as well as tragic Sad

• Posted: 28 Nov 2011 15:58

JennyH10:
    Although it also means rather than face whatever it was he'd rather leave his children to grow up Fatherless which is selfish as well as tragic Sad

I don't think it's a case of he'd rather.  He obviously felt backed into a corner and that there was no way out for him. I don't think he saw it as having two options to choose from.

• Posted: 28 Nov 2011 16:01

HatTrick:

JennyH10:
    Although it also means rather than face whatever it was he'd rather leave his children to grow up Fatherless which is selfish as well as tragic Sad

I don't think it's a case of he'd rather.  He obviously felt backed into a corner and that there was no way out for him. I don't think he saw it as having two options to choose from.

Fair point, bad choice of words on my part.

• Posted: 28 Nov 2011 16:09

It caused such an argument on H's FB yesterday. The condo went like this:

H's Status: Gary Speed RIP

M: A few people have this as their status, who was he mate?

H: Welsh Football Manager - took his own life at 42. Really sad news.

M: Oh no he must have been really desperate to have done that.

C: M, you should try googling him first instead of being so insensitive.

M & C are both women and they don't know each other. M ended up really upset over this and C reckons she cried herself to sleep because H told her she was out of order. Fb for you!

• Posted: 28 Nov 2011 16:11

Ohhh I hope this isn't true. Not least because a man has lost his life over it, but also because it is a sad indictment of today's society if we're still believed to be so outraged by homosexuality that it could drive someone to take their own life. I can't even begin to imagine how scared he would have to be of a revelation like that for suicide to seem the only alternative. 

Please don't let it be true :-(

• Posted: 28 Nov 2011 16:17

Even if it is true I don't think we, as general people, really deserve to know it.  It's got nothing to do with us.  If my sister/brother/cousin/whatever committed suicide, the last thing I'd want is for everyone to be talking about it and for the whole world to find out WHY.  It's heartbreaking enough for the family without the media sticking their ugly noses in!

• Posted: 28 Nov 2011 16:31

I have just had to cull 2 'friends' from FB for this beauty...

Garry Speed...???? Hmmm na.! Ye its bad. But how about showin some respect and attention for those died and continued to die fighting for queen and country.. Jus shows wer peoples prioritys lie nowa days.!!
    R.I.P TO ALL THOSE FALLEN BRITISH AND AMERICAN SOLDIERS..! Who die not out of choice

Must be a copy and paste job going round...

Return to: Off Topic Posts
Page 1 of 5 (67 items) 12345Next >