Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

loopyloo33
Beginner April 2006

30th Birthday night out in Birmingham

loopyloo33, 23 of October of 2008 at 21:00 Posted on Off Topic Posts 0 8

Hello

It is my 30th Birthday at the beginning of November and fancy a night out in Birmingham. I don't go out normally into town so have no idea where to go.

Does anybody have any recommendations? I just want to have a few drinks and go dancing.

Thanks in advance

8 replies

Latest activity by Consuela Banana Hammock, 24 of October of 2008 at 23:11
  • P
    poochanna ·
    • Hide content

What sort of evening do you fancy, more sophisticated or cheesy?

If it was me I'd go for

http://www.thelivingroom.co.uk/ - have live music and whilst it's not really a "dancing" venue it does have a great atmosphere

http://www.vaultsbirmingham.com/ - I LOVE it here, you can book a private booth for around 10 people, so great for a smaller crowd and they are looking at having a DJ for key nights

http://www.bluu.co.uk/ - not really a dancing venue but it's cool so has to be included.

http://www.thejamhouse.com/ - I've never had a bad night out here and being on different levels means people can decide how involved they want to be with the dancing!

• loopyloo33
    Beginner April 2006
    loopyloo33 ·
    • Hide content

Probably cheesy! But I am open to anything at the moment.

Thanks for the links, I will have a look at them now.

• Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB)
    Aimee Hicks (Makeup HIB) ·
    • Hide content

I love going to the Arcadian (go most Sat nights). It's good cos you have a mix of music and bars you can go to all in one area.

We normally start in Loaf as it's cheap drinks and a range of music to dance to, then go to Poppy Red for a few as some of us like old sch hip hop etc then it's either Mono Bar for R&B or Indie Bar for a mix of music and dance the night away.

• A
    Beginner
    allthatglitters ·
    • Hide content

The Mailbox is nice, but not really a cheesy night out. Broad street will be full of cheese (ha!) or there is the new Gatecrasher you could give a go?

• loopyloo33
    Beginner April 2006
    loopyloo33 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all for your replies. I really don't want to go out on Broad St so I will forefit the cheese!!

Any recommendations for the Mailbox?

• barongreenback
    Beginner September 2004
    barongreenback ·
    • Hide content

Cocktails in Malmaison, champagne bar at Hotel du Vin, dinner at Opus or Purnells. Much better than vomit stained moronic teenagers on Broad St.

• loopyloo33
    Beginner April 2006
    loopyloo33 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for this - will have a look at these.

• Rubyred
    Beginner
    Rubyred ·
    • Hide content

We ate in Red Pepper in the Mailbox a few weeks ago. It was really good, good food, good atmosphere, good service and very good value,

Didn't mean to eat there but stumbled upon it as Santa Fe (our Fave) has changed hands,

Loads of other places to eat and drink(and dance) in the mailbox without going mad on Broad Street. Personally food in the Malmasion isn't the best but it really is down to opinion. If not mailbox the just behind the LivingRoom is a place called Zinc (if its still there) excellent food upstairs in the restaurant and then fab music downstairs after.

Really anywhere other than Broad St is fab, but Broad St still serves a purpose!

ENJOY xx

• Consuela Banana Hammock
    Consuela Banana Hammock ·
    • Hide content

I would suggest The Jam House - but definitely get yourself on the guest list (by putting your name down online on their website). You can eat there but I've heard the food isn't great and often the live music starts before you've finished dessert. It is a great night out - fabulous atmosphere. Maybe dinner somewhere else first and then get there for 11?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics