Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

bettyb
Beginner July 2006

Sophisicated Hen Night

bettyb, 17 of October of 2008 at 17:33 Posted on Planning 0 4

Is there such a thing as a 'classy' hen night ? My friends hen night is in a few weeks. She said she doesn't want dressing up or anything. We are getting the train down to London, doing a bit of shopping, going for a meal and then onto the theatre. The dress code during the day is hen tshirts and then evening is dresses/smart as we are going to the pubs after the show.

I know she doesn't want anything silly but I think we need to do some surprises for her but am struggling to find some nice touches rather than the usual cheesy hen night stuff. The only thing I've thought of so far is to maybe decorate the table in the resturant before she gets there, maybe with a few sparkly/wedding bits. Other than that Im stuck. Does anyone have any nice non cheesy ideas ?

4 replies

Latest activity by bettyb, 18 of October of 2008 at 16:48
  • Burke 2 be
    Beginner October 2009
    Burke 2 be ·
    • Hide content

(scratches head ) im no help im full off cheese and i love it lol, i do think the decorating the table is a fab idea though

• ruthy_wuthy
    Beginner September 2009
    ruthy_wuthy ·
    • Hide content

Could you maybe contact the theatre and organise for you all to meet the cast? That would be a nice surprise!

And also maybe get in the VIP list for wherever you're going or reserving a booth or something like that too

Have you been to the AbsolutIceBar? That would be good! It's certainly different!

And maybe could you do like a quiz for the hen where you find out how well she knows her OH? I guess you'd have to ask her OH for the answers first....

It's taken me ages to write this so you've probably had lots of replies already! Never mind!

• R
    Beginner October 2008
    roccoco1 ·
    • Hide content

HIya - I'm with the bride......she's probably brought a super lovely new outfit for the nite and doesn't want the unwanted attention.....just some good fun with her girlies! I was exactly the same.

But my mates did do one little surprise which was lovely they were all told to buy just a very small gift for a different part of my body......e.g earrings for my ears, eye shadow for my eyes.....and a couple of them clubbed together and got me some vouchers for a beauty salon........which I thought was super lovely, so a week before the wedding I'm going to use them to have a facial or body scrub.......which will make me feel really special! They did this all before we hit the pubs in the evening at the hotel..........and I loved it! really nice touch!!!

Hope this helps and it's what you were thinking :-)

• bettyb
    Beginner July 2006
    bettyb ·
    • Hide content

Some good ideas, thank you.

I thought about something at the theatre, will have to see if I could orgainse something.

I never thought about getting on the VIP list for some clubs though. The night is orgainsed with military precision so I will have to find out where we are going and see what we can do. The Absolute bar is already on the list of places we are going.

We could do the quiz on the train on the way down, thats a good idea, im sure the groom will oblige.

Roccoco, she is a regular visitor to the spa so im not sure if it would feel like a treat. Hmm, some good ideas though, thanks.

Keep the ideas coming.

• bettyb
    Beginner July 2006
    bettyb ·
    • Hide content

Thought I would bounce to see if anyone has any more ideas.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics