Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner October 2008

Having Hen Night at home...ideas please!

spartacusathome, 18 of September of 2008 at 21:52 Posted on Planning 0 28

Hi, so many web sites are dedicated to going somewhere for a hen night. All I want is a party at home! Is this odd? Has anyone else done this and any suggestions or ideas? I am not a twenty something so the idea of going into town with a big L plate does not appeal. HELP! It will be for about 12 including me!

28 replies

Latest activity by Bobbys_Girl, 5 of July of 2016 at 10:35
  • F
    Beginner October 2008
    freckleface30 ·
    • Hide content

Hiya hon.

I know Selder on here is having her hen at home and Willow nat had an online hen party, they will be able to advise you ..

I agree with the L plate thing though hon, I am not a twenty something either and t his is my second marriage ( first hen night) just 20 of us going for a cantonese meal, the only thing I am wearing is a bride to be sash. I made it clear I DID NOT want to dress up as devils, bumble bees and whatever I see them all dressed as lol. I am not at all prudish ..... I am very broadminded but also made it clear I DID NOT want a stripper or anything distasteful.

I just want a nice civilised meal out, a good laugh with good company and then tuked up in bed by midnight.... how boring am i some will say........oh and by the way my hen is mixed sex, 5 guys and 15 women , so not the typical hen lol x ( h2b didnt want to go)

• S
    Beginner October 2008
    spartacusathome ·
    • Hide content

Thanks very much. Really. chuffed that there are people on here that are of the same mind as me. Your hen night sounds good though! Cheers

• F
    Beginner October 2008
    freckleface30 ·
    • Hide content

No Worries hon, sorry I couldnt be of any help to your question x

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content

Someone else had one at home. Think it was Lisaloulou (not 100% sure) Her friends arranged for a male life drawing model to come and they all had to draw him. I thought that was a pretty cool idea.

• S
    Beginner October 2008
    spartacusathome ·
    • Hide content

Cheers, that does sound good....may giggle and go red throughout though! I'll look into how much it costs.

• L
    Beginner August 2010
    louisep ·
    • Hide content

I think thats a really lovely idea, maybe you could have an ann summers night or poker, etc. or you could hire caterers with things like canopes and champeign and strawberries, very eligant and like a little input into your wedding day, maybe try your dress on for them?

let us know what you decide?

• tahdah
    Beginner September 2009
    tahdah ·
    • Hide content

What about getting singstar and having a bit of a karaoke event at home!

• The Sock Chicken
    Beginner August 2010
    The Sock Chicken ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

A girl I work with did that for her hen night.

• C
    Charl0807 ·
    • Hide content

My SIL had her hen night at home, her CBM organised it all and had little gift bags made up for everyone, which included sweets, keyring, some smellies and other little bits and pieces. She had a hula theme and we had a little buffet and loads of coacktails etc.

• S
    Beginner October 2008
    spartacusathome ·
    • Hide content

Well thanks you have all really set me off with all your ideas! Been looking up the ones that I like the sound of. I have been looking at a Burlesque evening. Has anyone had one of them and what did they think. Otherwise looking at a bit of pampering. Have to decide soon as the HN is on the 27th September!

• S
    Beginner October 2008
    selder ·
    • Hide content

Freckleface is correct I am having mine at home a week tomorrow (get married in two weeks time yipee).

I too have been married before and did not want to go out in town as id start worrying about how to get home from very early on blah blah blah. So spoke to H2b and he agreed it would be better for him to take my son out for the evening and arrive back around 11pm but head up the stairs pretty sharpish (although he wont he will be grilled by the girls). I am a real jeans and a tshirt girl and i didnt want any hassle.

So i have order 2 extra boxes of champagne for the wedding, 12 bottles for the house for us to have "champagne and a good girlie gossip" the week before. I will do a wee shop to asda night before and get some nibbles to have, but other than that no hassle. I have around 10 good mates coming along and it suits me fine.

Ask me again on 28th if it was good or not!

Sx?

• stbmrsjones
    Beginner August 2009
    stbmrsjones ·
    • Hide content

I work for Ann Summers Party Plan and have hosted a few hen themed nights - they are a great laugh! you get to play some games and get great advice on Ann Summers products.

I joined the company in a way to earn extra money for my wedding in August next year and loved it so much I did the fast track managers course and have been promoted to a unit Organiser - I recruit ladies to work for Party Plan - Im working hard to get my company car!!

If you would like me to put you in touch with a Party Organiser in your area drop me an email and I will pass on your details.

Have a fantastic time whatever you decide to do

Hannah x?

*****************@*******.**.**

• summer solstice
    Beginner June 2008
    summer solstice ·
    • Hide content

I had my hen night at home!

I originally had planned on going to a hotel for a murder mystery night, but a couple of weeks beforehand the hotel cancelled the date due to lack of interest. So I decided to have my own murder mystery night in my house. I bought the story online and made food for them all It was hard work the day of the party - but we had a great night! I bought loads of cocktails and ended up drinking frozen moijito's and eating penuts at 4 am!!

• lisaloulou
    Beginner
    lisaloulou ·
    • Hide content

Zippy27 is right, it was me who had the non-stripper-naked-man! One of my hen nights was round my friends house. It was meant to be really low key just a nice girly get together but they went to loads of effort. I've found the report I put on Hitched and there are links to photos to. In case they don't work there are some pics below too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, all I knew was that had to come dressed as a WAG. All the girls there are the girlfriends (and one wife!) of the lads which have gone away on the Vegas stag do. They all play football together so in a way its how most of us met each other so a WAG theme was really appropriate. So, for the outfit I hit Primark and found some tacky gold hoops, a big gold belt and wore it with a black dress with a big bag. I was going for the “Colleen” look with my hairband! And I was given a veil too to complete my LOOK! EVERYONE looked fab all blinged up.

When I got there I was confronted with a life size POSTER of my H2B wearing just his boxers shorts flexing his “muscles”!! He’d sneaked round at the weekend to pose for Karen. I bet he loved it, he’s such a tart. Was really surprised and it really made me laugh and it was funny that my OH was at my hen night… kinda. Anyway, he took a liking to KAREN and kept falling on her! We’re going to give the poster to his best man… sure he can use it in his speech somehow!?!

So, first game…. personalised sketch books were handed out courtesy of Laura (which were v cool and will be going in my keepsake box) and we were told that everyone had to draw a pic of what they thought my H2B’s willy looked like and I had to judge which was closest! Few mumbles of “I can’t draw willies” and Kerrie said she’d find us something to copy to help us. Wondering what she is going to come in with but I sure as hell didn’t expect a naked MAN wrapped only in a pink towel to appear!!!! My first thought was ‘oh god a stripper’ but he was a nude life drawing model that did hen parties!!! So SKETCH PADS came out and lots of naked man DRAWINGS were started! Never expected it in a million years but was funny (although we decided he talked to much!).

We played the Mr and Mrs Game too where OH had been asked lots of questions and I had to see if I got the same answer. Ummm didn’t do very well getting 9/17 oops!

Next was a sort of “pin the willy on Simon” so down came the poster and out came this weird WEIRD STICKY GOOEY WILLY THING which we had to THROW AT THE POSTER.

Love THIS PIC of all of us and OH!

Had a really great night and all the girls made such an effort with everything they arranged including loads of food.

Few more pics here: drawing willies
    Karen the hostess with the mostess
    don't look ahead!
    me and Kaz
    us with our drawings...and naked man!
    shoes!

• S
    Beginner October 2008
    spartacusathome ·
    • Hide content

Wow! So many ideas...they all sound so excellent! Will let you all know what my decision is. Getting excited about planning it now!

• P
    Beginner September 2008
    Purple Allium ·
    • Hide content

Hi. I had my hen night last week. Had big plans to go to a spa for the day with my Mum, sister and daughter then out clubbing in London with a bigger group.

In the end we had a pretend spa (didnt want to pay silly money for a real one) at my sisters house, wine, music and face packs etc and then went out for a meal locally in a group of 12 of us. Had a lovely time and much less money and potential stress than the original plan!

• S
    Beginner October 2008
    spartacusathome ·
    • Hide content

At last thanks to all your help I have made a decision! My Hen night is going to be a Murder Mystery night which I downloaded from a Web site. This is a good cheap option. However, there were many pages to print out and quite a lot of organising. Plan to have a buffet and in between clues fit in some manicures and facials as the whole thing it is set in a beauty shop . Going to be fun I think. Let you know how it goes.

• L
    Loolaa ·
    • Hide content

I'm planning a hen night in november and am looking for a DIY murder mystery kit - ideally for all girls. Where can I get one from? I've been looking online but most of them seem to be organised by a company, which is too expensive, or they include male characters.

Any ideas?

• sophalaval
    Beginner
    sophalaval ·
    • Hide content

I know it might not be everyone's sort of thing, but how about having a tarot reader come round? Thats always good!

• J
    Beginner June 2010
    jojo10 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, 'm new to this but have you heardof www.mystylesecret.co.uk. One of my friends had on of these parties and it was fantatic they arranged beauty tretmants and some of my friends even brought their wedding utfits there.

I hope this helps

X

• Virgin Goddess
    Beginner February 2010
    Virgin Goddess ·
    • Hide content

Just wondered if you'd thought about a Virgin Vie party. I've done a few hen nights and play a few games and then the hostess/hen gets some lovely pampering. If you want me to put you in touch with a local consultant then please email me - ******.*********@********.***

Also if you want some game ideas then have a look on here:

https://www.partygamecentral.com/

• summer solstice
    Beginner June 2008
    summer solstice ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Here's the site I bought mine from for my hen..

http://www.creativeparties.co.uk/games.php#

there's a link on the left for all girl games

Hope this helps!

ss

• R
    Rachelmodel ·
    • Hide content

Hello ladies

I run hen parties / nights with a male model . You get to draw him in the nude (him , not you !) And I promise he won't talk too much!!

I have various venues around Central London or we can come to you. Other venues can be arranged , including outside London.

The class can be tutored or untutored and I only use models from my register of artists' models (www.modelreg.co.uk )

• R
    Beginner January 2000
    RomanticIvoryBridesmaid569 ·
    • Hide content

What about a naked chef experience?

http://www.henpartylatino.com/the-naked-chef/

You can kill 2 birds with a stone: good Italian food and 'hot experience' ?

Beginner August 2016
    2016bridetobe ·
    • Hide content

I had one of mine at home, an afternoon tea. Ordered the sandwiches, made cakes between a few of us, lots of champagne. Had photo props, pimp your prosecco, a quiz, guess the brides age. It was fab!

• hollyhollytree
    Beginner September 2016
    hollyhollytree ·
    • Hide content

I almost did the same thing. I didn't want a big fuss, didn't want to spend a lot of money and didn't want to go out with L plates on!

In the end my MOH booked a cottage that we all stayed in for a weekend and it was lovely. It would be the same if you had one at home and I'm sure your friends would be secretly relieved by not being dragged out in fancy dress!

We just had a load of pizzas, lots of puddings, some movies, some music and just sat around and had a catch up. It was absolutely perfect and no fuss at all xx

• Bobbys_Girl
    Beginner October 2017
    Bobbys_Girl ·
    • Hide content

This thread is from 2008.

Some good ideas though, I want a low-key hen, nothing big at all. Just a meal, no big inflatable willies, no L plates, no fake veil and so on. Just a meal with my closest friends and family and maybe an afternoon tea and spa treatment at our venue with my bridesmaids.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics