Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner November 2018

Marryoke?!

SunnyGoldHair679, 20 of June of 2017 at 13:31 Posted on Planning 0 6

Hey all,

Someone I work with recently went to a wedding where they did 'Marryoke'. I had never heard of this but she showed me the video (they did Marryoke to Katy Perry's Firework) and it looked utterly amazing and sounds like such a fun alternative to a wedding video which doesn't really appeal to me! There is also so many amazing ones on Youtube!

Has anyone had marryoke at their wedding on here? How did your guests react to it? Did everyone embrace it? It looks so much fun but I worry my guests will just think...what! haha.

6 replies

Latest activity by JoAndRob2018, 29 of June of 2017 at 14:50
  • jadeee
    Beginner June 2016
    jadeee ·
    • Hide content

Hey!

We had a marryoke at our wedding last June and it's one of the best decisions we made! It's still a hot topic with all my family and friends because no one had ever heard of it! We did ours to Bohemian Rhapsody, everyone loved it and really got into it as well, I've attached the link to ours so you can see for yourself ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuSk-s26bzc

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

Friends of mine did it. I thought it was dead cheesy at the time but when I saw it all put together it was amazing!

• S
    Beginner November 2018
    SunnyGoldHair679 ·
    • Hide content

Aw Jadeee your video is amazing!!! (You also looked fabulous too!). I love watching these videos and know it would be fun but i do wonder whether the guests would enjoy it! I guess the end product is worth the maybe slight feeling of awkwardness to put it together?! haha.

• S
    Beginner September 2017
    Sorbet ·
    • Hide content

Maybe because majaritively our friends are real musicans and also only one sings (the others refuse) and kareoke is our worst nightmare but honestly personally I think marryoke is tacky as hell and I would run a mile if someone trush a camera in my face and expected me to bad lip synch to some awkward pop song (im pretty certain that would be the reaction of ALL our guests)

ive seen millions while looking at videographers and im yet to ever see one done well, Aunt Mavis and Aunt Gladis lip synching completely out of time from each other to a song they clearly dont know, people awkwardly dancing all out of time and randomly, always one over enthuiastic bridesmaid who looks possesed in her attempt to commit to it... just never good

if you regularly kareoke with you guests then maybe but if your guest are the kind who dont like huge spotlights on them and embarrasement then its probably a waste because they wont want to be involved

• jadeee
    Beginner June 2016
    jadeee ·
    • Hide content

Thank you SunnyGoldHair679 everyone at our wedding was well up for it! We had told them prior that we'd booked it and everyone really enjoyed it! Luckily it didn't consume the day either, I didn't feel like we constantly had a camera in our face! It all depends on whether you think your guests will enjoy it or not ?

Obviously everyone has there own opinion as Sorbet has bluntly put she thinks its tacky whereas I look back at mine at can't help but smile every time I see it, we didn't want just a normal wedding video but that's why all these different options are out there. I don't think there's a need to completely rip something apart just because it's not your taste. My auntie not getting some of the words right and my maid of honour (sister) being as dramatic as I knew she would be made our marryoke, everyone on the video got involved because they wanted to and gave it there all, but that's why my family and friends are mine and Sorbet are different but like I say no need to be so harsh with it.

SunnyGoldHair679 whatever you choose your day will be brilliant ?

• MetalBride
    Beginner April 2018
    MetalBride ·
    • Hide content

My friends mate puts videos together like music videos, it's not mareoke but it seems awesome.

• J
    Beginner September 2018
    JoAndRob2018 ·
    • Hide content

This sounds amazing! I'd love to do it but I can't sing a note, so won't subject everyone to the horror of me belting out Whitney!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

General groups

Hitched article topics