Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

H
Beginner November 2018

Looking for the best wedding invitations

HappyBrownStationery871, 14 of June of 2017 at 14:02 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hi, girls!

I'm looking for some outstanding wedding invitations Smiley smile We are a couple of people, who really like to surprise others in a good way, so our wedding invitations whould be surprising!

Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

15 replies

Latest activity by HappyBrownStationery871, 23 of June of 2017 at 08:37
  • H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

I drew a comic on the computer and got them printed with instant print online (ordered last night) -if you're that way inclined the site is really cheap, just always email them your artwork to check before you get ready to order, and then check everything again before you press buy. You can even get 10% off if you order a sample pack, which will show you all the sizes, papers and finishes they supply.

And the first thoughts in my head when you said "surprising" was a pop up card, you can go "traditional" pop up book style or i had one from royal mail that was a flat envelope, and when you opened it it popped out into a box -it definitely was surprising!

Either that or a glitter/sequin/confetti bomb (or use all three) or combine it with the box thing haha

Hope this has been somewhat inspirational for you, good luck x

• H
    Beginner November 2018
    HappyBrownStationery871 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks a lot Smiley smile Your ideas are truly inspiring! I bet the one who got all these presents was really excited Smiley smile The box that jumps from the envelope is so much fun haha Smiley smile I will check it out and see if they still make it. Also, what is the website for comics?

• DreamsComeTrue2015
    Beginner July 2017
    DreamsComeTrue2015 ·
    • Hide content

Friends of ours did a mix tape. The invitation was like an LP sleeve with a black CD inside it. The CD had tape round the middle to make it look more authentic. That was pretty cool - it's been a long time since anyone sent me a CD or a mixtape haha!

• H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

Haha i actually drew the comic myself, scanned it and edited it in paint, then emailed it for checking, then uploaded it at the checkout for instant print (a labour of love i assure you, but i don't have any decent software for that sort of thing)

The box thing was fun though Smiley smile

I think its www.instantprint.co.uk (could be .com)

• H
    Beginner November 2018
    • Hide content

Haha Smiley smile It must have been really cool! Do you still keep it as a souvenir? Smiley smile

• H
    Beginner November 2018
    • Hide content

Woow! So you are a painter, right? Thanks for the link! Smiley smile

• S
    Beginner November 2018
    SunnyGoldHair679 ·
    • Hide content

We once got an invite for a wedding which was a tea towel and it was full of flowers and beautiful patterns and their wedding colours with the main message in the centre! We kept the tea towel and it is always lying around the kitchen so I thought that was a fab idea cause you can actually use it! Lol.

• H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

Haha no I'm not a painter, I just occasionally like to "get arty", and as I've only just ordered them i haven't kept one yet (i do plan to though)..

The box was something that came through the post at work, i just happened to be there (but loved it), so i wasn't allowed to keep that either

Instant print are quite reasonably priced and i didn't want a "normal" invitation so i did my own, i recommend the sample pack though so you can see what sort of stuff you're getting first and get a discount to boot

The tea towel idea sounds good, probably expensive though, but I'm on a budget haha

• H
    Beginner November 2018
    • Hide content

That's cool Smiley smile I wonder how they came up with this idea. For me it is also important that my invitation would become more than just a piece of paper that would be thrown to the rubbish bin.

• H
    Beginner November 2018
    • Hide content

Hmm do they make discounts even after you've ordrerd a sample pack? Sounds like a good deal for me. Same for me - I don't want a "normal invitation", I want to make it cool Smiley smile

• H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

You order the sample pack first to see the different sizes and finishes. Then included in the pack is a coupon for 10% off your first order.

The box thing you may have to shop around for, Google pop up invitations

Instant print is for if you want to design your own artwork just to clarify

• H
    Beginner November 2018
    • Hide content

Ok, I got it Smiley smile Thanks for the explanation Smiley smile Pop up invitations seem pretty cool and like from a fairy-tale haha Smiley smile I also found invitations with an option to add a video to it, it's like an augmented reality or so. Have you heard of them before? The name of the company is Postcad Actually

• H
    Beginner May 2018
    HappyBrownConfetti849 ·
    • Hide content

Sounds cool, anyway happy to help x

• H
    Beginner November 2018
    • Hide content

Thank you Smiley smile It was a pleasure to chat with you Smiley smile

• Annelie @ Annelie Eddy Photography
    Annelie @ Annelie Eddy Photography ·
    • Hide content

The couple from the last wedding I photographed had a very cool personalised illustrated invitation designed by Blanka Biernat. You can see her work here:

http://www.blankabiernat.com

I also love the tea towel idea. There are lots of different designs on Not on the Highstreet.

• H
    Beginner November 2018
    • Hide content

Thanks, Annelie Smiley smile I already ordered Postcard Actually invitations Smiley smilehttps://postcardactually.com

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics