Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

S
Beginner August 2017

Second thoughts about my wedding dress

SunnyPinkStationery821, 28 of March of 2017 at 01:18 Posted on Planning 0 4

I'm having a pretty major crisis of confidence with regard to my wedding dress. I've joined hitched to get opinions from more people as it's causing me real issues.

I got engaged in January and due to series of fortunate events I'm getting married on 26th August this year at my dream venue. I still can't quite believe we got in. So getting the perfect wedding dress in time has been playing on my mind a lot

I recently went to a dress shop for the first time and due to there being only 5 months until the big day I only had a limited number of dresses to try on from full price to order section. However, off the rail sale items were also available and there were quite a few I liked on the hanger. I went in with an open mind and didn't expect to find anything in the first visit. I didn't really know what styles would suit but as I started trying on, I could tell what didn't look right and what did. The assistant then brought me this beautiful lace dress from the sale room. It zipped up with buttons covering and felt so right when it was done up. I loved the detail and everything the neckline is straight accross with lace to the shoulders but the seamstress Saadi she could soften it with a semi sweetheart alteration to flatter my shape.

i tried the dress on twice, went for lunch, went to another bridal shop but still couldn't get it out my head. So I went back tried it on and got my relatives to take pictures. It still felt great. They could have held the dress for a week in the shop until I made a decision and had time to go to my other appointment this week but I went for it then and there. It was half price and won on returnable.

now looking back, I'm feeling like I jumped too soon. I don't normally make decisions that quickly and didn't expect to get one then. I was well aware I felt I didn't have much time but now feel that there may have been a sale rail elsewhere. Does anyone else feel like this? I thought finding the dress would make me feel elated but I'm struggling with it and also looking at bad quality mobile phone pictures is not helping me as I'm seeing it differently in them now and feeling upset. I am not the most body confident person but feel I could have gone for a better shape round the neck line to enhance what I do have.

Soneone at work asked if I had the dress yet and I just burst into tears! I've probably looked at the picture of me in it hundeds of times and it's not helping. I suppose it's just not what I expected to feel. It's turned into one of the biggest issues and now I worry what people will think.

i have another shop appt on Thursday and was wondering whether I should go on my own to see if I can find anything better or whether I should cancel it and stop being silly. My mum, cousin, close friend and work colleague all say it's amazing but I think the lace is quite right at the top for my shape. Sorry for the essay, I'm distraught.

4 replies

Latest activity by VegasBride2017, 28 of March of 2017 at 18:46
  • F
    Beginner June 2017
    FutureMrsTz ·
    • Hide content

When you think back to when you tried the dress on how do you feel? Did you absolutely love the way it looked on you in person?

I found taking pictures on my phone was zero help because when I went home I absolutely hated everything I tried on after looking at the photos, even though I loved the dresses in the shops. When I found my dress, I didn't take any pictures and when I went to try it on again a few weeks ago when it arrived from the designer, I still loved it (and still didn't take any pictures!).

Maybe go back and try it on again. If you still love it, don't go to any other shops and don't look at the pictures again. At the end of the day, if you feel good when you wear it then I think you should go off that feeling ?

• MrsR2B18
    Beginner April 2018
    MrsR2B18 ·
    • Hide content

I had the exact same feeling with my dress, I started panicking that it wasn't right and kept looking at the pictures on my phone, so I went back to try the sample dress on and fell in love with it again, the pictures on my phone didn't do it justice and it was nice to have the feeling again once I tried it again and now i'm totally in love with it again and know that I have made the right decision.

Can you go back and try it on again before your other appointment? At least if you can try it on again, you can see how you feel and if you still feel that you want to try other dresses on then you can go to the other appointment and see how you feel in other dresses.

I think alot of brides have dress wobbles at some point and I think like me you are just over thinking it and when you try it on again you'll remember why you fell in love with it ?

• The Little Jewellery Box
    The Little Jewellery Box ·
    • Hide content

Oh no, not nice feeling like that. Can you go back and try it on again, perhaps tell them your worries with the design. I would poss go to appointment on Thursday, but that's just me and I tried on sooo many dresses!!! ??

Do u want to flash us a pic for honest opinions? Down to how you feel in it though really, that's more important.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

I agree Mobile phone pics ,are rubbish. It's how it made you feel that's important. And we all have wobbles. Trying it on again will settle your mind. I wondered if i had made a rash mistake until i tried it again and it was pinned ready for alterations then i remembered how much i loved it. If it made you feel great when you tried it imagine how much better it will be with hair and makeup done, with flowers and accessories and in its correct environment. Forget the mobile phone pic.

• V
    Beginner September 2017
    VegasBride2017 ·
    • Hide content

Yeah forget the phone pic - mine also looks rubbish on the phone, and when people ask can they see the photo I really don't want them to see it as it does it no justice. These camera phones simply don't capture the lovely shimmers on the material, to be honest mine looks as grey as old net curtains on my phone! I have been contemplating deleting it, but then I hate myself in any photo lol xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics