Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

T
Beginner January 2018

Wedding Dress Prices

ThroughGreenEyes, 19 of August of 2015 at 19:06 Posted on Planning 0 40

Hi all

As the subject suggests I am interested in the wedding dress prices of different designers.

If anyone is willing to share the designer and price of their dress or ones they have seen that would be lovely Smiley smile

Also I more than welcome a flash of the dress or if you don't wish too there is no pressure.

I myself won't be doing any wedding dress shopping for about a year or until I have saved up enough money as I am buying my wedding dress myself.

40 replies

Latest activity by MadamRed, 25 of August of 2015 at 09:56
  • S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content

I've bought the Brunilde by Ronald Joyce, it was £1575 but the store I bought from do 10% off so it was £1417. Here it is, can't wait to wear it:-

• T
    Beginner January 2018
    ThroughGreenEyes ·
    • Hide content

It's beautiful! I can see why you can't wait to wear it!

• M
    Beginner July 2016
    marie75 ·
    • Hide content

This is mine, it is made by Sincerity (which is a Justin Alexander range), it cost me £995 and comes with the detachable illusion jacket

I am planning to wear the illusion jacket for the daytime and then take it off and add a necklace for the evening x

• Sam&Louise
    Beginner September 2015
    Sam&Louise ·
    • Hide content

My dress is by Jenny Packham. All of the dresses I looked at by her were in the £2700-£3800 range. I bought mine brand new privately from someone who'd simply changed their mind for £1500 though as £3k was too much of a stretch!

I also looked at a couple of Maggie Sotteros, both were £1250

• PadBin
    Rockstar July 2016
    PadBin ·
    • Hide content

I'm going shopping on Wednesday for my dress. My sisters are making me try on a few but this is the one I want. It's a bit above my budget but its lovely. It's £715. If I get it I'm going to add a sparkly belt.

• Justkeepswimming
    Beginner July 2016
    Justkeepswimming ·
    • Hide content

I think in general they seem to range from about £800-£2000, although some can be even less or more than that. I really like Suzanne Neville but hers are £2000-£3000. My budget is about £1000 but if I found one I really loved for more than that I would find a way to pay it!

• Runnergirl
    Beginner November 2015
    Runnergirl ·
    • Hide content

Mine is Stella York, was £999

Sorry is this is coming up huge, first time I've put pic up

• Karen84
    Beginner July 2016
    Karen84 ·
    • Hide content

I am another Sincerity bride (3803) and my dress was £850. Don't forget to include alterations in your budget. I haven't had mine yet so I can't tell you what I'll be paying, but from reading around here it can be anywhere up to £200.

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

I really want a Kitty Chen, but they're in the region of £2,500. One or two other designers do a similar style (1930s, heavily embellished), and they range from £1,250-£2,500 as well.

This is my current fave. Sorry if it comes up huge.

• M
    Beginner May 2016
    MrsLBtoB ·
    • Hide content

Mines Pronovias and is £1700. Sorry if the pic is big.

I tried on LOTS for varying costs and styles - to be honest it really depends on what you want, I didnt think i'd go for something like this

• AnnaMolly
    Beginner October 2015
    AnnaMolly ·
    • Hide content

MadamRed that dress is GORGEOUS! I have dress envy!

My dress is by Maggie Sottero and I think was £1300 but I got 10% off.

• MadamRed
    Beginner April 2017
    MadamRed ·
    • Hide content

Yeah, it's the new 2015 collection. Plus, the only shop near me that stocks it has only just started stocking her dresses. I might have a ring round other UK stockists and travel if I can get it cheaper (once I've tried it on and confirmed that's the one I want, of course). I'm expecting it to be one of the more expensive, given the amount of beadwork, but I won't be dress shopping until about this time next year, so hopefully the price should have come down by then.

• jamborina
    Dedicated August 2016
    jamborina ·
    • Hide content

I haven't bought yet but the dresses I'm looking at are between £900 and £1500. I did originally say I would go up to £1800 for the right dress but now I've seen a Jenny Packham hair accessory which is nearly £300 on it's own so that money is reserved for that now!

• S
    Beginner August 2016
    Sondy ·
    • Hide content

There are some gorgeous dresses here. My dress was from a high street store which my mum is embellishing with sparkly bits and pearls. I don't have a massive budget so I couldn't spend thousands. Here's a flash. It's from Phase Eight and cost £650.

• CornishBride89
    Beginner October 2015
    CornishBride89 ·
    • Hide content

Mines a Mori Lee dress and was £1500 including the hoop, tiara and alterations.

• Beckcible
    Beginner August 2016
    Beckcible ·
    • Hide content

Mine is by Midgley and Sottero and is called Emsley although mine is in Ivory which is diff to the pic. It was £1085 from a wedding boutique and i thought it was a very reasonable price! Its sooooo light which is just what I wanted!!

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsEdisToBe ·
    • Hide content

Mine is pronovias and should have been £1700. I got it in a sample sale and paid £895 so was really pleased!!

• Daniellax
    Beginner July 2017
    Daniellax ·
    • Hide content

Does anyone know what time of year bridal shops have sample sales? As I'm after a pronovias too, but I can't justify the £2500 for the one I like.

• S
    Beginner September 2016
    Shikaka1984 ·
    • Hide content

This is mine. Mori Lee 1957.

Sorry about the jumbo sized pic.

It retails at around £1150 but I managed to snap up a window display dress for £350 without the belt.

• lc93
    Beginner September 2016
    lc93 ·
    • Hide content

My dress was £880, and the alterations are capped by the shop at a max of £75.

It's called Tobago from the Opulence collectiong by Romantica of Devon

• B
    Beginner May 2016
    Boro_Bex ·
    • Hide content

I don't know how to flash on my phone but mine is Bellissima by Maggie Sottero and cost £1250.

• Jayne E
    VIP
    Jayne E ·
    • Hide content

My dress was Benjamin Roberts @ 1450.00 but I bought the sample for 400.00 and she capped my alteration costs at 150.00

hopefully will only need shortening and shoulder straps shortening slightly. Will add a pic if I can figure it out.

• K
    Beginner July 2016
    kay_ ·
    • Hide content

Hi! Smiley smile

I went for this dress:

It's a Justin Alexander one, 8716. I was shocked at the price, just £1,000. Also, when is your wedding? You do need to order your dress quite a long time in advance (I think 6-9 months). My wedding is 31 July 2016 and I've found my dress already. I didn't know what happens when you actually choose the dress you want, but the shop I went with has agreed to do a payment plan with me. I pay monthly up until my first fitting (in Nov). Then 50% of the cost has to have been paid off by the time I have my first fitting, and the other 50% is due sometime near the wedding date (can't remember exactly). I wouldn't have been able to afford to just pay £1000 outright, so it's really good that shops offer this. It isn't credit or anything like that, just a written agreement. Not sure if this is how other bridal shops do this, but that's my experience. So you may be able to look sooner than you think! Smiley smile

• lm1985
    Beginner September 2016
    lm1985 ·
    • Hide content

Back detailing

• M
    Beginner September 2015
    MrsEdisToBe ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I got mine in December and that was a sample sale x

• jamborina
    Dedicated August 2016
    jamborina ·
    • Hide content

Update to my previous post, I've just bought Seychelles by Callista bridal in a 10% off sale, originally £1120 and I paid £1010.

SOrry for the massive pic.

There was also a sample sale on some gowns in store and I almost bought one reduced from £990 to £600. I think you would need to check with the shop to see when they sell their samples. The lady in the shop I went to today was saying they sell old samples off when they get new stock in, in her case it's August/September.

• S
    Beginner June 2016
    Steepdene ·
    • Hide content

Mine's by Hilary Morgan, it was original £825. I had a budget of £500, and I managed to get it at £425, half price! it's blooming gorgeous and I love it and can't wait to wear it on the day!

• R
    Beginner December 2015
    RomanticEmeralds ·
    • Hide content

Mine is Hillary Morgan. My original budget was £1000 then my parents said they wanted to buy my dress for me, I was determined not to go over my original budget just because it wasn't my money lol. In the end I chose this dress which was about £550 (alterations not included)

• T
    Beginner January 2018
    ThroughGreenEyes ·
    • Hide content

It's a pretty dress! Smiley smile

We aren't getting married till September 2017 but I wanted to find out more about pricing as there is not much to find out online unless you actually call the bridal stores.

I'm saving up for my dress and have been for a few months now, I plan on actually going wedding dress shopping say August next year I would go earlier if I save up the money for my budget sooner.

• F
    Beginner June 2016
    FutureSamW ·
    • Hide content

I brought my dress today!!
    It's an allure dress, I went into the shop to try on a diffrent one & she showed me a new one in & I loved it!
    It was £950.

• S
    Beginner December 2015
    SunnyPinkConfetti310 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Bear in mind that if you order your dress from a store, you'll normally only need to pay half up front and the other half when the dress arrives. Obviously if you buy a sample then you have to pay full amount upon purchase but this would usually be considerably less than the cost of ordering a brand new one.

Dont let just the fact you're not ready to buy stop you looking Smiley smile

• KJHC
    Beginner April 2016
    KJHC ·
    • Hide content

Mine is "Anita" by David Tutera for Mon Cheri ? I got it while visiting my mum in the States, when I wasn't even planning on buying a dress as I wanted to buy one in London (where I live), but wanted to involve my mum in some way by at least trying some on with her. Then I found this one and all that changed! Paid £1,050 in the US after ringing around bridal shops here and finding out it was at least £500 more expensive in London! Happy days ?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics