Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Caroline@hitched
Beginner May 2016

**Ask your gift list questions** LIVE Q&A with gift list experts Prezola 8pm-10pm tonight

Caroline@hitched, 26 of February of 2015 at 19:55 Posted on Planning 0 26

Your wedding gift list should be one of the most exciting parts of your wedding planning, so choosing the ultimate wedding gift list service that suits you both as a couple is important.

Here at hitched we've chosen to team up with Prezola as we feel that this wedding gift list really does offer wedding planning couples the perfect solution to choosing perfect gifts; with the feel of a traditional high street gift list, combined with charity, cash and honeymoon fund options to cover all wedding gift list angles too.

Prezola’s Creative Director Ali Beaven is here tonight (Thursday 26th February) between 8pm and 10pm to answer any of your wedding gift list questions, whether that’s something about how Prezola works specifically, how to get started with your gift list or just general questions about gift list etiquette.

26 replies

Latest activity by Caroline@hitched, 26 of February of 2015 at 22:08
  • Prezola HQ
    Prezola HQ ·
    • Hide content

Hi everyone, and thanks for joining us. Online at Prezola HQ tonight are the company’s founders Ali & Dom, along with a couple of our Customer Service team and two of our stylists.

Prezola is the UK’s leading independent wedding gift list service, where couples can add any item from any retailer to their gift list, alongside a cash gift service that allows guests to contribute to larger items, such as your honeymoon, home improvements or anything else you have in mind. You can also add donations to over 100 charities to your gift list!
    Launched in 2010, we manage thousands on gift lists each year. In fact it’s all we do!
    You create your list online, whenever and wherever you like, with 30,000 gorgeous products from over 300 Brand Partners for you to choose from.

You can see a sample Prezola List by clicking here…

https://prezola.com/wishlists/10124811/?ref=hitched

• Caroline@hitched
    Beginner May 2016
    Caroline@hitched ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Guys! We had a few questions from hitched members that couldn’t make it to the forum chat tonight so it would be great to start with those…

There seems to be such a lot of things on the site, I have no idea where to start, any tips?

What will my list look like? Is it easy for my guests to use?

How long do I have to wait for my presents to get delivered?

• Prezola HQ
    Prezola HQ ·
    • Hide content

Where to start?

We recommend adding at least one gift for each invitation to give guests plenty of choice, and try to cater for all budgets. You'll have a good idea of what guests are looking to spend, and we see an average here at Prezola of around £70 per gift.

We have some great 'fantasy' wish lists on site which are meant to give some inspiration, and get you going...

https://www.prezola.com/inspiration/

• G
    Beginner June 2016
    gingertrish ·
    • Hide content

Hi, I would like to know what the fees are for using your site, and how long it takes to get honeymoon or General cash gifts? Thanks

• Prezola HQ
    Prezola HQ ·
    • Hide content

What will my list look like?

Fabulous! Prezola lists are very visual, very much like Pinterest boards. When it all comes together they're a great reflection of your personal style.

This is a sample list to give you an idea of what the finished product looks like...

https://www.prezola.com/wishlists/10124811/?ref=hitched

• C
    Beginner September 2017
    crispsandwich ·
    • Hide content

Hi Prezola, you mention your average gift is about £70..I'm worried my friends and family aren't going to be able to spend that much...do you have gifts for all budgets???

• Prezola HQ
    Prezola HQ ·
    • Hide content

When will my gifts be delivered?

Usually around six weeks after the wedding, so something to look forward to after the honeymoon.

We recommend keeping lists open for 2 weeks after the event to cater for late purchases, and then we ask for four weeks for everything to arrive with us, be checked, packed and wrapped.

• Prezola HQ
    Prezola HQ ·
    • Hide content

Hi gingertrish.

The gift list service is completely free, including free delivery to you and no delivery charges for your guests. You can choose any item from our 300 Brand Partners with this service.

If you're looking for cash gifts, there is a one off charge of £39, which covers all transaction fees, meaning that 100% of guests contributions come to you.

We recommend keeping lists open for two weeks after the wedding, and your fund is transferred to you three days after the list closes. But, you can see how much you've got at any time, and you can also request interim transfers, so that the money comes to you sooner!

• Prezola HQ
    Prezola HQ ·
    • Hide content

Hi crispsandwich

Yes we do. We cater for all budgets and have products ranging from a few pounds through to hundreds of pounds. We often recommend adding 'separates' to your list so that guests can buy as few or as many as they like. For instance, mugs or plates added separately give plenty of flexibility.

• Caroline@hitched
    Beginner May 2016
    Caroline@hitched ·
    • Hide content

We have had a question come in from one of our followers on twitter about honeymoon gift lists...

"I want to have the majority of my gift list based around a honeymoon fund – but how does this work when it comes to a Prezola gift list? I can see that you offer a honeymoon fund, but is this limited to a specific brand or company?"

• Prezola HQ
    Prezola HQ ·
    • Hide content

Honeymoon funds are very popular! We're not affiliated with any travel company and so the funds are yours to be spent wherever you like. The honeymoon fund at Prezola allows you to add "experiences" such as ‘Honeymoon Spa Day’ or ‘Romantic Dinner on the Beach’. Guests feel like they are buying you something tangible and memorable rather than just cash. Of course, the money is yours to do with as you wish. It's a bit more discrete!

You can see a sample honeymoon fund list here...

https://prezola.com/inspiration/jetsetters

• C
    Beginner September 2017
    crispsandwich ·
    • Hide content

Oh thats great! I was worried that I might put people off if everything was too pricey! So people could buy a few plates rather than a whole dinner set?

• Prezola HQ
    Prezola HQ ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely. This is our best-selling range by Sophie Conran and prices start from just £12...

https://www.prezola.com/search/?search=range%3ASophie+Conran+for+Portmerion+White+Tableware&sorting=price

• C
    Beginner September 2017
    crispsandwich ·
    • Hide content

Cheers, thats really helpful. We're still not sure whether a gift list is what we want yet, it feels weird asking for presents but if it means you dont get lots of really random stuff then its probably the best thing to do Smiley smile

• Prezola HQ
    Prezola HQ ·
    • Hide content

Most guests will want to buy you a gift, and they'd much rather get you something they know you'll love!!

• Caroline@hitched
    Beginner May 2016
    Caroline@hitched ·
    • Hide content

We have had a couple more questions come through from hitched members...

"Where are you based and do you have a shop?"

"If I have a question can I speak to someone easily on the phone?"

• Prezola HQ
    Prezola HQ ·
    • Hide content

Hi Caroline

We're based just outside of Bath, where we have a huge warehouse and offices. We do have a showroom, and couples are welcome to come in and discuss their gift lists.

And yes, we have a call centre that's available on **** 661. We're here to help couples and their guests, particularly those who would rather speak to a human than buy a gift online.

• K
    Beginner May 2014
    katierugrat ·
    • Hide content

Hi crisp sandwich (and Prezola)

Just seen you are doing a web chat on Twitter! Thought I'd like say that my husband (still feels wierd saying that) and I used Prezola last year and they were great. We 'd lived together for longer than I care to remember so we thought we'd just ask for cash but we ended up adding a load of gifts too and I am so glad we did. We got lots of fab stuff and some money For our honeymoon too. Guys at Prezola were great and v helpful - and getting your presents cheers you up no end after the wedding come down. Go for it I say!

Kate (Katie and Mark from Bramley)

• Prezola HQ
    Prezola HQ ·
    • Hide content

Thanks Katie! Always great to hear, and hope you're loving your gifts!

Don't forget to add a review to our Customer Reviews page...

/customer-reviews

• K
    Beginner May 2014
    katierugrat ·
    • Hide content

Will do!

• Caroline@hitched
    Beginner May 2016
    Caroline@hitched ·
    • Hide content

We have had another question come through on twitter...

"Can I add gifts from anywhere if I have a Prezola gift list or am I restricted to the brands that you work with?"

• Prezola HQ
    Prezola HQ ·
    • Hide content

With our free account, you can add any item from the 300 Brand Partners on site, which includes shops such as The White Company, Debenhams, House of Fraser, Habitat and lots lots more.

With our Premier Plus account which costs £39, you can add cash contributions, a honeymoon fund and up to 10 items from non-partner retailers.

You can see our Brand Partners by clicking here...

https://prezola.com/brands/

• Caroline@hitched
    Beginner May 2016
    Caroline@hitched ·
    • Hide content

Another question from one of our twitter followers...

"I can see that the Premier and Plus accounts offer a 10% discount to the happy couple – but what does this mean?"

• Prezola HQ
    Prezola HQ ·
    • Hide content

This is such a great offer! Once your list has closed you are able to purchase anything on your list from one of our brand partners with a 10% discount. Perfect for if you are missing a few plates from your dinner service! Or if you're given some cash as a gift that you'd like to spend.

• T
    Beginner September 2015
    tashjovi ·
    • Hide content

Hi There,

With the honeymoon list option you can add experiences such as a romantic dinner etc, but I would like to know that if a guest purchases that experience the money doesn't HAVE to go to that specific purchase? Is that correct i.e. you could put it towards a flight?

My partner and I live in NZ but are using Prezola as we are getting married in the UK and most of our guests are from there. So just confirming that the money will be paid into my UK bank account rather than an overseas one?

Many Thanks

Natasha

• Prezola HQ
    Prezola HQ ·
    • Hide content

Hi Natasha

That's right. Honeymoon fund gifts are notional, and the money is all transferred to your UK bank account for you to do with as you wish.

It's just a more discrete way of asking for guests to contribute towards the honeymoon and make them feel that they're giving you a tangible gift. No doubt you'll have a few romantic dinners, so you'll be able to thank your guests! Maybe even tweet them a photo!

• Caroline@hitched
    Beginner May 2016
    Caroline@hitched ·
    • Hide content

Thank you Prezola and all our hitched members that sent in questions!

Our live forum chat has come to a close now but you can still find out more about Prezola by visiting our gift list page!

Goodnight xxx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics