Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

emjjarvy
Beginner September 2014

Emjjarvy's planning thread *flashes!* SW France Wedding

emjjarvy, 16 of May of 2014 at 11:27 Posted on Planning 0 15

Hello!

With just over 3 months to go I thought it was time for a self indulgent flash of everything so far! We visited the venue over Easter weekend and finalised a lot of the details. Cannot wait to be there in September with all our nearest and dearest for our wedding holiday. Its looking like there will be just over 50 adults and 10 kiddies joining us for the celebrations! We are having a BBQ the day after the wedding and are also organising a canoeing trip down the river dronne for those that are up for a bit of action.

Venue - an old cognac estate on the Charente/ Dordogne border in SW France. It has over 25 self catering 'gites' (stone cottages), an onsite golf course, tennis courts, swimming pool and therapy rooms. The ceremony will either be in the courtyard or secret garden, the drinks reception will be on the bar terrace and the evening reception will be in the barn!

Dress, veil & shoes

Groomsmen outfits - OH wears a suit to work so wanted to wear something that wasn't like his normal work attire. Finding waistcoats to fit from a size small (my dad) to xxl (OHs dad) was somewhat of a challenge! Will be with brown belt and shoes...

Bridesmaid dresses - for my maid of honour & bridesmaid, two amazing friends who I have known since school.

Flower girl dress - our flower girl is OH's niece, she will be 6

Flower inspiration

For me - but with more white / baby's breath

Bridesmaids - baby's breath but with a bit of colour added

Music - We have a band booked who will play music for the ceremony, a strolling set during the drinks reception and 2 sets for the evening reception. In between we will have a playlist on an ipod and will be using their sound system

Cake!

My bridesman (who is wearing the same as the groomsmen) is making the cake & cupcakes (not sure of flavours yet, we are going to have a cakeathon soon), and FIL is in the process of making the cake stand out of logs. For the evening food we will have a cheese tower with fresh baguettes and cold meats etc

Favours - macaroons will be strawberry, pistachio and chocolate flavour

Decorations - inspiration pic. Jars / bottles are covered with lace & ties with ribbon. Will be full of bright flowers, tealights surrounding, with wine bottle in middle with table number in. I have made about 80m of bunting to decorate the barn and the courtyard.. lets hope its enough! The table plan will be similar to the pic but the frame we have is white with hessian background.

Wow that is a lot of pics. Well done if you got to the end!! Fingers crossed when I hit the 'post' button it works!! xx

15 replies

Latest activity by yorkshirekiwi, 19 of May of 2014 at 12:37
  • MrsBoo
    Beginner November 2014
    MrsBoo ·
    • Hide content

It all looks beautiful! I have major wedding envy!

Looking forward to your report!

• Paula @ Ollievision
    Paula @ Ollievision ·
    • Hide content

Looks lovely! I bet you'll get fab weather too.

• emabee
    Beginner August 2014
    emabee ·
    • Hide content

I am INCREDIBLY jealous of EVERYTHING....especialy the venue. Absolutely stunning xx

• Lorns
    Rockstar May 2015
    Lorns ·
    • Hide content

Absolutely love it all! Very jealous Smiley smile

• SillyWrong
    Beginner October 2014
    SillyWrong ·
    • Hide content

Oh Woooooooooow! I love it all so very much! So far, your wedding is the only one I've seen on here that mine resembles at all - of course there is LOTS that's different, but it seems we both had something similar in mind to start with! I can't wait to see yours come to life and see how it all turns out - promise to come back and write a full on wedding report!! Smiley smile

Question - how are you getting stuff over there? And what about the cakes, are they being made over there?

Here's my last big flash if you're interested .. I'm going to turn it in to a proper WP thread at some point as I have loads to update on it.

• AuntieBJ
    Beginner September 2014
    AuntieBJ ·
    • Hide content

Everything looks fabulous! Loving your groom's styling - very relaxed and just right if you wear a suit all the time. Gorgeous venue and fabulous outfits for all!!

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

Wow, it all looks amazing!

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

Wow love your dress, every thing looks really lovely.

• emjjarvy
    Beginner September 2014
    emjjarvy ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you all so much! The venue really makes it, and was a nightmare to find! I really hope it will be somewhere we return to for years to come! Have loved planning everything, but is stressful organising a holiday for 60 people with a wedding in the middle!

Loving your last big flash!! Def update it with the latest, would love to see it! Our weddings are similar, both weddings abroad in hopefully sunny places!! We were tempted to have the evening reception in the courtyard but have decided to have it in the barn... for now!

We drove over at Easter and took most big bits (table decs, table plan, bunting etc). The rest will be coming in our suitcases. The cake is being baked in the UK I think, and taken as hand luggage (will be a small 25cm cake), and the cupcakes will be baked out there the morning of the wedding (eek!). My dress will be going as hand luggage too, I think I am going to get a travel box from here https://www.emptybox.co.uk/products/wedding-travel-boxes/ (I found code HJ11 which gets you 10%off) which I will use to store my dress etc after the wedding.

xx

• Shamy
    Beginner September 2014
    Shamy ·
    • Hide content

All looking fabulous Date Twin Smiley smile

• mooshy
    Beginner April 2014
    mooshy ·
    • Hide content

Wow. I love your venue, it's absolutely stunning!

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

Wow it all looks lovely - your venue is gorgeous and I love your dress and your groom's outfit!

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

It looks stunning. Hope the rest of your planning goes well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics