Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

F
Beginner April 2016

Ideas for my wedding theme

FutureMrsI, 25 of April of 2014 at 21:28 Posted on Planning 0 17

Hi guys, I am totally new to this. My wedding isn't for another 2 years yet, but I like to be super organised Smiley smile

The theme of my wedding is Beauty & The Beast. I'm wondering if anyone has any ideas for a cake and also wedding favours?

Also any other ideas are also welcome Smiley smile xxx

17 replies

Latest activity by FutureMrsI, 29 of April of 2014 at 16:12
  • EdenNI
    Beginner December 2014
    EdenNI ·
    • Hide content

Is it just me or does this seem slightly offensive to the groom lol? I'm assuming he's the beast?! If you're not already on Pinterest I would have a look on that as there are loads of Disney obsessed brides Smiley winking

• *MM3*
    Beginner June 2014
    *MM3* ·
    • Hide content

Another vote for pinterest, gets addictive Smiley smile Google images should have some ideas too!

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

Oh wow, that sounds crazy! I've only known people (in real life) to say "our theme is vintage" or "our theme is rustic/garden" blah blah blah.

Speaking as someone who had no theme, I guess these guys are right - start with pinterest and google the theme, LOL !!

We bought a particular wedding cake topper, which accidentally spread to a sort of theme, as more and more things got added that complimented it. We're now trying to backtrack and un-theme it so much as it's gone a bit nuts. Ooopsy. LOL.

• LittleSnowflake
    Beginner January 2016
    LittleSnowflake ·
    • Hide content

Invitation idea on Google, another vote here for Pintrest, I'd recommend that site to anyone, its helped me loads!

• B
    Bruce Neville Photography ·
    • Hide content

Pinterest vote here too, I am spending far to much time on it, once you start looking one thing then leads on to another and before you know it you have been on it for a few hours?

• SoftKitty
    Beginner December 2016
    SoftKitty ·
    • Hide content

The skirt of Belle's dress as a cake?

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

The cake could be a white, tiered cake with a sparkling icing rise, covered in a glass dome to represent that Magic rose...?

• NathalieSB
    NathalieSB ·
    • Hide content

A bit like this: https://www.google.co.uk/search?client=safari&hl=en-gb&biw=320&bih=416&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=W25bU5nhGIOvOZPTgcAP&q=beauty+and+beast+glass+dome+rise+cake&oq=beauty+and+beast+glass+dome+rise+cake&gs_l=mobile-gws-serp.3...8660.9798.0.10163.5.5.0.0.0.0.250.819.1j2j2.5.0....0...1c.1.42.mobile-gws-serp..5.0.0.w9ZJRo-KX_g#facrc=_&imgrc=YHxzqb-IhQ4oUM%253A%3BxeT639FPnYVy8M%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwwcdn.weddingwire.com%252Fstatic%252Fwedding%252F2125001_2130000%252F2127489%252Fthumbnails%252F400x400_1388788026268-b659e7fd849b210db82bdaf35c6c9f0.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.weddingwire.com%252Fwedding-forums%252Fbeauty-and-the-beast-wedding-ideas%252Fb4d7d532fc4fbb8d.html%3B257%3B400

• H
    Beginner November 2014
    Hisgirl ·
    • Hide content

Will try and dig it out but I saw some beautiful table centre pieces which were a single rose standing in a bell jar with flower petals.

• H
    Beginner November 2014
    Hisgirl ·
    • Hide content

Found it! http://www.bridalguide.com/photo-of-the-day/beauty-and-the-beast-inspired-centerpiece

• F
    Beginner April 2016
    FutureMrsI ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone. I have been looking through google images and pintrest for a while and it just isn't helping. I have a few ideas but not many. We are sticking with the table centre pieces that the venue have because it is included in the price haha. I have ordered my shoes (early I know but I couldn't resist) I'm having them custom made with beauty and the beast prints on them :-) My maid of honour is wearing a royal blue dress and she is carrying yellow roses, the men are having royal blue ruges (not sure how to spell that one!) with yellow rose button holes. I think I am going to have royal blue and yellow roses, maybe with a pink one for the rose under the bell dome in the movie. It's just the extra little touches I'm wondering about, favours, invites, room decor, cake (altho the OH has been designing one on photoshop for us haha) It's all a little overwhelming :s xx

• F
    Beginner April 2016
    FutureMrsI ·
    • Hide content

Yeah I was thinking maybe a royal blue invite with a yellow ribbon on and the words 'Be Our Guest?' on the front xx

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Have a look at Cakes by Heather Jane. She made one for a competition in that theme and it is stunning

Lynne

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

Have a look at Cakes by Heather Jane. She made one for a competition in that theme and it is stunning

Lynne

• F
    Beginner April 2016
    FutureMrsI ·
    • Hide content

Thank you :-) Do you know where I would find it? Xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics