Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

McFarley
Beginner September 2014

So... my dress from Honeypie Boutique arrived yesterday... *flash*!

McFarley, 25 of April of 2014 at 12:32 Posted on Planning 0 15

... and I have to say it is UTTERLY GORGEOUS. I love it! The quality of the material and the stitching etc is excellent! The material is really heavy and it "feels" like a wedding dress if you know what I mean? It needs altering around the neckline, and the straps, and possibly made shorter but my lovely mum (bless her!) says that should be relaitively easy to do (she was a seamstress - phew!). Sorry the pics aren't great but I'm rubbish at selfies. I couldn't lace it up at the back either (Mr McFarley had to come in and do up the popper at the back blindly with his eyes shut, lol) so that might make a slight differnnce to the fit of the neckline. But I love it Smiley smile Very happy with the qaulity and the fit Smiley smile xx

15 replies

Latest activity by McFarley, 30 of April of 2014 at 12:25
  • cantwait2bmrsj
    Beginner September 2014
    cantwait2bmrsj ·
    • Hide content

Aww its beautiful! It fits you really well

• alyj66
    VIP August 2014
    alyj66 ·
    • Hide content

Very pretty, it's perfect for you. I think a close up of your shoes is needed too Smiley smile

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

Gorgeous!!!

• McFarley
    Beginner September 2014
    McFarley ·
    • Hide content

The underskirt is a candy pink and looks fab too. The pics are a bit dark otherwise it would look a lot pinker! I'll try and uplaod another one once the alterations are all done.

Lol, the shoes are actually a really old pair I bought from New Look ages ago. The go quite well though! Maybe they could be my something old?!!

xx

• miss pickle
    Beginner June 2014
    miss pickle ·
    • Hide content

Beautiful; i love it ❤️

• ClaireD*
    Beginner May 2014
    ClaireD* ·
    • Hide content

Phewww, I'm glad you said the neckline needs altering.

I looked at the pics before I read your comments and had one of those moments where I questioned "can I say that????......what if the wedding is tomorrow and there will be no time????".

It definitely needs adjusting so as not to billow out like that (pic 3), as you have a fab figure, and want to show it off!

This dress is a real beaut though. I really think you're going to look stunning in it. Congrats!!!

• Trish2014
    Beginner June 2014
    Trish2014 ·
    • Hide content

That's a really pretty dress - I love the jacket too!

• yorkshirekiwi
    Beginner August 2014
    yorkshirekiwi ·
    • Hide content

Love it. Especially the little flash of colour. I have to admit to having a bit of dress envy. I love that style. I had to go back and look at pics of my trying on to remind me that this is not a good style for me! You look great tho.

• Chucklevision
    Beginner July 2015
    Chucklevision ·
    • Hide content

Love the dress, love the shoes! X

• smokesignal
    Beginner August 2015
    smokesignal ·
    • Hide content

Ooh that's lush! I haven't done any dress shopping (waiting for my only adult bridesmaid to finish her uni exams first), but I'm really hoping that I like this style on me so I can get one from honeypie! Really really don't want to go off it, because £200 for a dress+petticoat would be perfect really Smiley smile

You look lovely in it, make sure to show us when the alterations have been done! Smiley smile xxx

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

This is gorgeous. I have a pretty lace fascinator with little birdcage veil which would go nicely even if just for the evening!!If you wanted a look it is at savvy Cinderella Bridal studio, March, Cambs or online at www.weddingfascinator.co.uk. If you did want it my daughter lives in norwich so i could bring it when i go to hers

Lynne

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

Love it ❤️ looks fab on you

• McFarley
    Beginner September 2014
    McFarley ·
    • Hide content

Sorry for the delayed response but thanks for all the lovely comments ladies Smiley smile My lovely mum is coming to visit and do the alterations at the end of July so hopefully it will look even better after that. I so love the style Smiley smile Yorkshire Kiwi I'm sure you look utterly lovely in the style you have cosen Smiley smile I hate it when I see something I like and it doesn't suit me!

Lemon Violet, thanks for the inspiration. I will go have a look at your site and see what it's like. I'm not planning on having a veil or anything, just a sparkly comb in my hair maybe but I may well change my mind! Smiley smile

Now i just need to not put on any weight - eek!

xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics