Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

jen-lou
Super July 2016

My first stupid question of the day

jen-lou, 25 of March of 2014 at 13:38 Posted on Planning 0 6

I already know this is a really stupid question, but for those who have sent out day & night invitations, did you ask the night time guests to RSVP?

6 replies

Latest activity by CrazyRatLady, 25 of March of 2014 at 14:11
  • A
    Beginner April 2014
    Annabel Lee ·
    • Hide content

We asked everyone to RSVP whether they were a day guest or evening guest (I even gave them the option of texting/emailing their reply instead of posting the slip back). The majority of evening guests didn't bother to respond and just assume that we're assuming they're coming I think! People do tell you casually that they're coming, which I have had to take as their RSVP in the end.

In short, it's a good idea to ask them to RSVP so that you have a good idea of numbers for the evening, but don't expect a reply from everyone, and DO expect to have to keep saying to people 'are you coming?'

In my opinion, it's not that important to have definite numbers for the evening, because at worst you'll just have a bit more leftover buffet food than you'd hoped. But I wanted them all to RSVP just for peace of mind that it wasn't going to be a flop on the evening!!

• Luna Lovegood
    Beginner April 2014
    Luna Lovegood ·
    • Hide content

I asked them to, but only 3 of them have! :-/

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

We will be asking our post wedidng party guests (the equivalant of evening guests) to RSVP to we can guage numbers. Will give them email option, and will wait and see how many do reply. If you don;t have to have any regard to numbers, and are having in effect an open party then you wouldn't need to.

• jen-lou
    Super July 2016
    jen-lou ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the replies.

hmm...the problem is i'm trying to figure out how to manage our RSVP's as we are only having 70 for the ceremony and a "open" invitation for everything after that (up to 180 people), BBQ followed by buffett in the night.

We are going to have a webiste as well as invitations, so I guess it depends on how it is all worded. For the "open" invitation we are giving the people the option to turn up (example times) at 15:00 (BBQ food & buffett) or from 19:00 onwards (buffet only).

..so just trying to figure out how best to do this. Hope this had made sense.

• cymruangel
    Beginner December 2014
    cymruangel ·
    • Hide content

No question is a stupid question - so much to think about planning a wedding.

I'm biased, because I used to run events as part of my job, and therefore will definitely be asking guests to send in replies - we have a limited number of daytime guests so the majority of our friends will join us in the evening and a.) I'd like to know who's coming and b.) it does help with catering. To gently nudge people, I will send out cards and also probably have a wedmin site where people can reply online, to maximise the chance of them actually doing so!

• pammy67
    Beginner April 2015
    pammy67 ·
    • Hide content

I think you just did it lol Smiley smile But I think you do need to know your numbers so you know how much food to provide.

We're again doing a similar thing - having in effect two evening start times - 5.00pm and then 7.00 pm with nibbles at 5.00 and buffet at 8.00. We expect the younger families and our lovely olds to come for 5.00 but they'll need to levae earlier, then the more rowdy grown ups will come for the later do. Not finalised the exact wording as yet, but will need RSVPs so we know if we need to panic over numbers as the venue can really only take about 80 with an outisde overspill, weather permitting. Our current list is 137 - oops.

• CrazyRatLady
    Expert September 2014
    CrazyRatLady ·
    • Hide content

We asked everyone to RSVP, as we need evening guest numbers so we know how many to cater for with the buffet. Sent invites out in January, so far had 3 RSVP's back. Going to start going bridezilla on people soon!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics