Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Beginner September 2009

Yippee - found petite wedding dresses!!

jessdawn, 30 of July of 2008 at 08:22 Posted on Planning 0 6

I'm so excited I went into a bridal shop that is just around the corner from my work in Bristol - I hadn't been in there up to now as I hought they just did plus sizes. Anyway have found that they have a massive range of dresses including Maggie Sottero and Benjamin Roberts both designers I like, and even better they do petite wedding dresses!! I didn't think I would find anywhere that I could try a dress in my size! I'm only 4ft 10 so everything is usually massive and way too long.

They have a promotional evening on tonight so mum is coming to meet me and we're going to go and have a look!!

Unless I'm mistaken don't know that anywhere else does petite dresses - but if anyone else knows somewhere and can tell me I would be very grateful,

xxx

6 replies

Latest activity by denny-1, 15 of July of 2012 at 13:34
  • G
    glitzy hib ·
    • Hide content

Never heard of a petite range of bridal wear so would be really interested to know what make it is?

Thanks

Bxx

• K
    Beginner
    kentishbride ·
    • Hide content

Thats great news - don't forget to take your camera incase you find 'the one' so we can all have a nosey

• bluewater
    Beginner August 2009
    bluewater ·
    • Hide content

me too - i would be interested to hear which designer/line does petite dresses as i am 5 foot nothing, and don't really want to be spending a fortune on having my dress taken up!

• J
    Beginner September 2009
    jessdawn ·
    • Hide content

The lady in the shop said that they got a designer / manufacturer to take some of their popular designs and have petite versions made. So I think they are based on some popular designers dresses but I don't know which and they may not be exact copies but something along the same lines (it can't be legal to make copies and sell in a shop surely???)

- I'm going along tonight so will try and get more information.

I didn't want to put the name of the shop on here because i don't know if that is advertising?? If its allowed and is useful for others then I'll put the link onto their website - it doesn't mention the petite range on the website though, I only found out by going in. (perhaps they are missing a trick there!)

• blossom
    blossom ·
    • Hide content

Lots of the wedding dress designers make their dresses in petite lengths

www.sinceritybridal.com

www.veromia.co.uk

www.eddyk.it

www.alexiadesigns.com

www.alfredangelo.com

www.marklesley.co.uk

are just a few, but there is loads more ?

• J
    Beginner September 2009
    jessdawn ·
    • Hide content

Fantastic! Thanks Blossom I didn't know that I thought they just made them in shorter lengths but not petite sized. Brill will take a look

thank you

xx

• D
    Beginner June 2013
    denny-1 ·
    • Hide content

Hi, this is a long shot, since these posts were in 2008, but any chance you could post a link to the shop's website? I'm really struggling to find petite wedding dresses :-/

Thanks for your help,

Den.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics