• Manage your budget plan icon
    Budget close icon
    Manage your budget plan icon You are currently on budget !

My budget: 10000

My Cost so far: 7,800

Create a free budget plan to organise your finances!

• Manage your budget
    • Keep track of your spending
    bottom arrow icon
    Manage my Budget
  • Manage your to-do list icon
    Budget close icon
    Manage your to-do list icon You have 0 outstanding tasks!
    Tasks Complete: 32 Tasks Outstanding: 0

Create a free personalised to-do list to help make your planning easy and fun!

• Free step-by-step plan and time-line
    • Fun and manageable task list
    Manage my To-Do List Bottom arrow icon
  • New competitions to enter icon
    Budget close icon
    You have not entered any competitions

Make sure you check back regularly as we are always adding new competitions.

View Competitions Page Bottom arrow icon
hide
down arrow icon

2014 wedding

Join the conversation!

Chat and get advice from other brides-to-be.

Register for free   or   sign in to reply
Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 12Next >
Sort Posts:
  • 2014 wedding

Am I a bit too organised for starting to plan wedding for Oct 2014. Even bought wedding dress as it was such a bargain!!! Also looking at booking venue in next few weeks. I am feeling a bit to organised. Anyone else that same? Just a tad excited I spose. Big Smile

• Re: 2014 wedding

no no no not too early to start planning! I'm mega organised too and couldn't bear to be otherwise! I'm April 2014 and all is done bar centrepieces and honeymoon... and that is only because there are no guaranteed flights yet.

Once you've made a decision it really stops you fretting over whether it's right or not!!!

Not too early at all. Dates getting booked up very quickly. One Lady on here earlier said her venue is booked up now until 2016!!

Haha are you joking me? I'm getting married July 2014 and we've had our venue booked since March 2012 - in fact my venue has every Saturday until November 2014 booked already Stick out tongue There is a 2014 Brides group on Facebook with most of the members from on here, link is in my signature if you wanna join! Big Smile

I've booked venue, registrar, bought my dress, booked suit hire, booked photographer & videographer, bought wedding insurance and got my save the dates Smile There's ladies even more organised than that on the group haha!

Definitely not!

I have 4 bookings for 2014 and 1 for 2015 already. Popular dates get booked really early and venues are sometimes booked 2yrs in advance.

Bespoke Silk Florist ~ Venue Dresser ~ Chair Cover Hire ~ 

AisleBeYours  Design Albums  Reviews  Email Us

You're definitely not too early! I'm getting married Sept 2014 and have my venue booked already. Our first choice date (the week before) was already taken when we booked back in October!

Waiting on a wedding fayre being held at the venue in March before I book anything else. Once thats over it will be all go! Big Smile

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Never too early lol - I'm the one who's just found out the venue is fully booked for 2013, 14 AND 15! So looking at June 2016.... and planning starts now Stick out tongue

Loads of time to save up, make sure it's all exactly how you want it, give everyone plenty of advance warning so there's no excuse for them not to come, and plenty of time to change your mind about things several times over lol. And yep, my dress was bought a year ago a sI'm customising a ball gown from debenhams Big Smile

Hi!

I'm a March 2014 bride! I've got my venue, informed the registrars, dress, save the dates designed, bm dresses, photographer and dj organised. I went a bit crazy at the beginning but have calmed down now & am just doing things if I see a bargain/offer. I think the time has flown though from when I got engaged 7 months ago.

I think it's good to plan early if you know what you want and especially if you hunt round for bargains!

Runner up 'Most pleasant Hitcher' in the 2013 awards.... You lot clearly don't know me! ;-)

Good Morning and Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

You are never too early to start planning the 'bit ticket' items, like your venue, as highly sought after locations can be booked years in advance. So well done on that front!  Be cautious of booking too many suppliers too early (speaking from my own past experience here Wink) inevitably as the months roll past your tastes may change and you will become quite well researched into the industry and may find alternative suppliers you wish to book.  In addition, as you talk to more people and are recommended various vendors, you may wish to change your original booking, but it may be too late to recoup any costs (as happened to me with my photographer).  Be savvy and don't rush into decisions that you may grow uncertain of down the line.  Research, Research, Research, but have so much fun while you are at it!  Wedding planning is very exciting and it's so important to enjoy the process as you go along. 

Good luck and have fun! Smile

Katherine Courtney Weddings

Uniquely Yours. Entirely Bespoke.

www.katherinecourtney.com

Yeah rich2008april i also planed for my wedding in 2014. I am so much exited for that time i am just waiting waiting and planing so much things what to do. So much exited like you. :)

Defiantly not too early to start planning!

We are getting married March 21st 2014, we have booked the venue, photographer, flowers, hair/make up artist, bought my dress (most important part!!) although i am finding it hard not to cheat on my dress by looking at other dresses!!

I found booking them back in 2012 i got that years price instead of 2014... i did calm down in December but now i can finally say 'i'm getting married next year' i am back... full on bridezilla alert!!

Happy planning! x

i get marrried may 2014 and i have church booked, marquee booked, and having my dress made so i am going for a chat about that to night, the hardest bit i find is the guest list!!

Guest list is a nightmare as some people 'expect' to come! A.J what is your dress like in your head?

DaffodilWaves:

Guest list is a nightmare as some people 'expect' to come! A.J what is your dress like in your head?

i am having my dress made based on inbal dror wedding dresses from israel,

i tried dress after dress and nothing came close

Just had a quick google and Eek. Stunning!

Has yours got a low back?

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 1 of 2 (22 items) 12Next >