Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

R
Beginner October 2014

2014 wedding

rich2008april, 9 of January of 2013 at 21:17 Posted on Planning 0 20

Am I a bit too organised for starting to plan wedding for Oct 2014. Even bought wedding dress as it was such a bargain!!! Also looking at booking venue in next few weeks. I am feeling a bit to organised. Anyone else that same? Just a tad excited I spose. ?

20 replies

Latest activity by Englishpoppet, 19 of March of 2013 at 19:39
  • DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Not too early at all. Dates getting booked up very quickly. One Lady on here earlier said her venue is booked up now until 2016!!

• BlossomJ
    Beginner July 2014
    BlossomJ ·
    • Hide content

Haha are you joking me? I'm getting married July 2014 and we've had our venue booked since March 2012 - in fact my venue has every Saturday until November 2014 booked already ? There is a 2014 Brides group on Facebook with most of the members from on here, link is in my signature if you wanna join! ?

I've booked venue, registrar, bought my dress, booked suit hire, booked photographer & videographer, bought wedding insurance and got my save the dates ? There's ladies even more organised than that on the group haha!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Definitely not!

I have 4 bookings for 2014 and 1 for 2015 already. Popular dates get booked really early and venues are sometimes booked 2yrs in advance.

• F
    Beginner September 2014
    faye_h ·
    • Hide content

You're definitely not too early! I'm getting married Sept 2014 and have my venue booked already. Our first choice date (the week before) was already taken when we booked back in October!

Waiting on a wedding fayre being held at the venue in March before I book anything else. Once thats over it will be all go! ?

• kizzi10000
    Beginner August 2016
    kizzi10000 ·
    • Hide content

Never too early lol - I'm the one who's just found out the venue is fully booked for 2013, 14 AND 15! So looking at June 2016.... and planning starts now ?

Loads of time to save up, make sure it's all exactly how you want it, give everyone plenty of advance warning so there's no excuse for them not to come, and plenty of time to change your mind about things several times over lol. And yep, my dress was bought a year ago a sI'm customising a ball gown from debenhams ?

• *Pugsley*
    Beginner March 2014
    *Pugsley* ·
    • Hide content

Hi!

I'm a March 2014 bride! I've got my venue, informed the registrars, dress, save the dates designed, bm dresses, photographer and dj organised. I went a bit crazy at the beginning but have calmed down now & am just doing things if I see a bargain/offer. I think the time has flown though from when I got engaged 7 months ago.

I think it's good to plan early if you know what you want and especially if you hunt round for bargains!

• Katherine Courtney Weddings
    Katherine Courtney Weddings ·
    • Hide content

Good Morning and Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

You are never too early to start planning the 'bit ticket' items, like your venue, as highly sought after locations can be booked years in advance. So well done on that front! Be cautious of booking too many suppliers too early (speaking from my own past experience here ?) inevitably as the months roll past your tastes may change and you will become quite well researched into the industry and may find alternative suppliers you wish to book. In addition, as you talk to more people and are recommended various vendors, you may wish to change your original booking, but it may be too late to recoup any costs (as happened to me with my photographer). Be savvy and don't rush into decisions that you may grow uncertain of down the line. Research, Research, Research, but have so much fun while you are at it! Wedding planning is very exciting and it's so important to enjoy the process as you go along.

Good luck and have fun! ?

• V
    Beginner March 2014
    Vaughn James ·
    • Hide content

Yeah rich2008april i also planed for my wedding in 2014. I am so much exited for that time i am just waiting waiting and planing so much things what to do. So much exited like you. Smiley smile

• A
    Beginner March 2014
    Annie86 ·
    • Hide content

Defiantly not too early to start planning!

We are getting married March 21st 2014, we have booked the venue, photographer, flowers, hair/make up artist, bought my dress (most important part!!) although i am finding it hard not to cheat on my dress by looking at other dresses!!

I found booking them back in 2012 i got that years price instead of 2014... i did calm down in December but now i can finally say 'i'm getting married next year' i am back... full on bridezilla alert!!

Happy planning! x

• A.J.Bryan
    Beginner May 2014
    A.J.Bryan ·
    • Hide content

I get marrried may 2014 and i have church booked, marquee booked, and having my dress made so i am going for a chat about that to night, the hardest bit i find is the guest list!!

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Guest list is a nightmare as some people 'expect' to come! A.J what is your dress like in your head?

• A.J.Bryan
    Beginner May 2014
    A.J.Bryan ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

i am having my dress made based on inbal dror wedding dresses from israel,

i tried dress after dress and nothing came close

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Just had a quick google and ?. Stunning!

Has yours got a low back?

• kizzi10000
    Beginner August 2016
    kizzi10000 ·
    • Hide content

WOW!!! Those dresses are amazing. No way would my figure make one look that good lol ?

• R
    Beginner January 2015
    rachelb123uk ·
    • Hide content

Hi - I really, really want to find a dressmaker to make me a dress which is based on an Inbal Dror. In love with one I have found but way out of budget. Where are you based, how did you find your dressmaker (scared I want a recommended one) and how much will your dress cost to make if you don't mind me asking!!!!

• F
    Beginner October 2014
    FutureMrsFellows ·
    • Hide content

I am getting married october 2014 as well (13th) I have bought my dress, booked my venue, brought bridesmaid..moh..flowergirl dresses. sorting out rings. got favour boxes.

so you are not the only one

• D
    Beginner October 2014
    dollydimple88 ·
    • Hide content

I'm hoping to be an October 2014 bride too and going to see a venue next week! I can't wait to get started properly. First wedding fayre tomorrow!

xx

• flowersinherhair
    Beginner April 2014
    flowersinherhair ·
    • Hide content

Getting married 21st April 2014, never too early to start!

Left to book is MUA (pretty sure who am going to use though), hotel (narrowed it down to two but waiting for my family to decide), buy rings, centrepieces, chair covers, BM dresses and wedding dress and accessories - that seems like a lot to do but have already booked venue, TOG, hair, DJ, bought favours, done Save the Dates, all materials for in invitations, flip flops, umbrellas, vintage suitcase and started to collect venue decor...

On track with registrar, waiting for our local one to give us an appointment so we can give notice, SIL is a florist and is doing our flowers. MIL and other SIL going to do our cake.

Will book honeymoon nearer the time once we know how much we have to play with.

• K
    Beginner April 2014
    kitcat10210 ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm exactly the same! I'm especially terrified incase i end up finding something i love more, even though this is "the one" lol.

• E
    Beginner October 2014
    Englishpoppet ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am an October 2014 bride too. Should have been September but venue all booked for 2014 except a cancellation that had happened the morning of our viewing. And that was the date we have in October.... Have booked priest, church, separately.... Long story.... And venue, the plan is to move onto the vendors who can only do one wedding a day, such as hair, tog, and music. Then worry about the rest a little later once more concrete idea of what the wedding of our dreams looks like.

Mum is making dresses, saving me a fortune, and meaning the dress was made for me, so it fits perfectly, just floating on here, gathering pictures of dresses ton get an idea of what I like, before we go and try some dresses on, to then hunt down the patterns. She needs just nine months to make a wedding dress, three bridesmaid dresses, and a flower girl dress... So lots of time for us adult girls to shift some lbs before sending her any measurements.

PS, hitched is my guilty pleasure before fiancé comes home from work.... First post though, hope it works....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics