Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner June 2013

Help finding a wedding dress!!!

K&Gtogethitched, 27 of November of 2012 at 22:54 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hi,

I am getting married next June and still no wedding dress! We are having a vintage theme for the wedding and Im looking for a dress that has a vintage feel to it without being too old fashioned - ideally a strapless ivory dress with some lace detailing but not full lace, a line with a fullish skirt and with a fairly decent train (the church is pretty large and think this would look lovely) but i am struggling to find anything so specific - has anyone come by something similar in their searches or know where I can look. Im based in Cheshire but could travel a reasonable distance and my parents are based in Kent so that would be an option too!

9 replies

Latest activity by K&Gtogethitched, 3 of December of 2012 at 21:08
  • E
    Beginner August 2013
    Elodia ·
    • Hide content

Sottero and Midgley have some beautiful vintage dresses in there new collection it would be worth searching for a shop that has an event with the 2013 new collection I went to one last weekend.

• DaffodilWaves
    DaffodilWaves ·
    • Hide content

Hi Kez

Sounds gorgeous. Is there a budget? Also, don't forget you can have one made.

I will have a quick look. I love Jenny Packham dresses. Have you seen them?

• The Bridal Room Leicester
    The Bridal Room Leicester ·
    • Hide content

We have got a beautiful one in stock similar to your description. If you are interested message me your email address and I will send you a photo.

• vintagedreams
    Beginner August 2013
    vintagedreams ·
    • Hide content

Oscar de la Renta had one like that in his collection when I first got engaged, was amazing. I came back to earth with a bump but I love my Charlotte Balbier, even if according to some its 'cheap' it was cheap anyway as it's an ex sample- I know some right old snobs!

More realistically that good ole de la Renta Benjamin Roberts is worth a look, although the trains might not be long enough- can you get a train made longer I wonder?

• H
    Beginner July 2013
    helzbelz200 ·
    • Hide content

How abouts this one? - gorgeous train and vintage look. It has gorgeous lace detailing (I'm biased though because it's my dress) it's Sincerity 3664

• M
    Beginner August 2013
    maddychamonix ·
    • Hide content

I got mine at the National Wedding show. Maybe its worth having a look to see if there's a smaller wedding show taking place near you, because if you find a dress there you tend to get a good discount! My dress is ivory and lace (Benjamin Roberts: http://www.benjaminroberts.co.uk/2228-p-768.html?page=3&cPath=48_19_20). Should have cost 1200 pounds, I got it for 880. x

• venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

Here are some gorgeous ones with lace, a-line skirts, and long trains:

Elista - Blue by Enzoani

2261 - Benjamin Robert

Farley 2 - Blue by Enzoani

9700 - Justin Alexander (I know it's quite full-on lace, but I think it definitely fits the bill on everything else and looks lovely and vintagey!)

Jessie - Augusta Jones (again, a lot of lace, but gorgeous!)

Marilyn - Augusta Jones (no lace, and not strapless, but so audrey hepburn!)

K3638 - Pheonix Gowns (not something I like, but I realise that I've been showing things all of a similar style, and neglected to show any mostly satin gowns because I don't like them for myself!)

Judith - Augusta Jones

P206 - True Bride

England - Blue by Enzoani

W364 - Alexia designs

Paris - Alan Hannah --> this is probably my favourite so far. it comes in ivory lace instead of silver (i think), and even though it have lace cap sleeves, I don't think it looks very old fashioned. It's gorgeous!!

And last, but definitely not least, one of the most gorgeous dresses I ever tried on, Lyn Ashworth's Daphne:

• L
    Lemon Violet ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I would recommend Love Couture in Norwich, who made my daughter`s red and black gown for last September. It is stunning and the lady is very nice and so talented.

Lynne

• K
    Beginner June 2013
    K&Gtogethitched ·
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone, thats amazing, some really good ones to look at, I will start looking at all your ideas and let you know how i get on :-) thanks Kez

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics