Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

K
Beginner August 2013

Colour scheme

KLS013, 20 of August of 2012 at 15:54 Posted on Planning 0 8

Hi All

I'm having some problems agreeing on a colour scheme with my OH. He wants to wear a brown suit, which is fine. I want to wear Ivory, which is fine. The problem I'm having is I want to pair it with pink, for flowers, waistcoat and my petticoats (i'm wearing tea length dress) and he wants duck egg blue as he thinks pink looks odd. I've shown him many pictures of the pink with the dark brown but i'm getting nowhere. I just wanted to add a bit of colour to complement the brown and Ivory.

Does anyone have any ideas?

8 replies

Latest activity by KLS013, 20 of August of 2012 at 16:47
  • ESW
    Beginner September 2012
    ESW ·
    • Hide content

Why not have duck and blue and pink ? I think they will go well together with the brown suit and tea length dress, opens more options for venue colour schemes to!

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

What about if all of his accessories were ivory (waistcoat, cravat, buttonhole)? You could bring the colour in through your dress, BM dresses and your flowers?

• Ali_G
    Beginner October 2012
    Ali_G ·
    • Hide content

Can't you have both?

• FaeBelle13
    Beginner April 2013
    FaeBelle13 ·
    • Hide content

Have both, they look great together!

• tortoise
    tortoise ·
    • Hide content

I'm a fan of the groom being different to the groomsmen anyway. Can't he have his blue accessories and have the pink for the BMs and groomsmen, or evn have all the boys in blue and just the girls in pink. You don't HAVE to have only one colour.

• *gnashers*
    Beginner October 2013
    *gnashers* ·
    • Hide content

Ignore my earlier post, as I've just seen these...swooooon

• K
    Beginner August 2013
    KLS013 ·
    • Hide content

Thanks for the ideas - I hadn't thought of having both

Gonna put a mood board together and show him the overall effect, with each colour seperately and then together see if I can't persuade him

• ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown
    Beginner January 2012
    ForTheLoveOfMrsBrown ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ha, this post made me smile. Basically, you want a colour to complement the brown and ivory, he has suggested a lovely match in duck egg blue (and I have to give him a lot of credit for coming up with this) but because it's not YOUR choice, it's almost like he hasn't had any valuable input....?

There probably aren't a huge number of boys who are going to jump at the chance to wear pink. If I'm honest, I like the blue suggestion better but that's just my taste. The moodboards above, combining both colours, are lovely. Could you not have you and the girls in pink accessories and the boys in blue? I'm sure you can buy handkerchiefs or such with both colours in?

• K
    Beginner August 2013
    KLS013 ·
    • Hide content

@fortheloveofmrsbrown

I get your point, this is one of his better suggestions and I do like it. I was worried mainly as I can think of flowers that we could have with the blue, unless we went with ivory flowers.

This suggestion is considerably better than the reverse pin stripe suit he originally wanted to wear

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics