Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

L
Beginner April 2013

Really need some advice, newly engaged, and now newly pregnant!!!

louisesoontobejones:), 9 of August of 2012 at 19:15 Posted on Planning 0 4

Hi all I really need some help!

Last Sunday my lovely boyfriend propsed and of course I said yes. But then last night I discovered I am pregnant!! We think around 6 weeks!!

We were talking about getting married april/ may next year, but now this is around when i will be due or just had baby!!

This is our 2nd and i was huge with the first baby, so second would be worse! We really wanted to get married before having another baby, so our choices are rush the wedding and get married in a couple of months and have a smaller do, or hold out and wait until after the baby here maybe not till 2014/15 and have the bigger wedding we were originally planning.

Really dont know what to do Is it possible to plan a wedding so soon, and where on earth would i get my dress from! Also we are worried what people are going to say "oh they only got engaged because of baby and now they are rushing etc etc!"

Also my babies are going to be 22months apart and i dont even know how i am going to cope! And to top it of we have just got a 7week old cavalier king charles puppy!! <--- stressed.com!!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks x

4 replies

Latest activity by sparkle52, 9 of August of 2012 at 20:52
  • rachel2012
    Expert June 2024
    rachel2012 ·
    • Hide content

I think only y0u can answer the what to do question as it all comes down to what you both want, would you be happy with smaller do? I cant see with you already having a child why people would think that you only got engaged because you where pregnant and in all honesty why would i matter if they did? You both know the truth and thats all that matters. If you opted for the smaller wedding you could easily do it in a few month. Dress wise you would probably have to buy of the rack as if I was you I wouldnt risk buying it till a few months before specially if you got big in your first pregnancy like you said.

As for the 22 months apart, you will learn to cope and adjust, not wishing to state the obvious but you dont really have much choice now ?!

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

I fell pregnant before we got engaged. We wanted to get married anyway so I guess to some degree OH proposed before we hit the 12 week mark as we didn't want people thinking we were getting married because I was pregnant again. This was also my second pregnancy and I was HUGE! We toyed with the idea of getting married quickly but I wanted to really enjoy it, not feel sick and not be able to drink etc so we decided to wait until after the baby was born. He is now 8 months old and we are getting married in a couple of weeks time, so ideal. It's also allowed me time to get my figure back..

Anyway, congrats on both counts Smiley smile

• MummyMoo82
    Beginner October 2012
    MummyMoo82 ·
    • Hide content

Yes, I fell pregnant too. We get married in Octover as LO will be 18months and fine to leave with grandparents so we can have a smll honeymoon. I BF him until he was a year old and there was no way. Was going to get married before then. Breast milk and wedding dresses do not mix!

• HLT
    Beginner August 2012
    HLT ·
    • Hide content

I'm going to be breastfeeding in my dress - NOT through choice! I was hoping to be able to get my son to take a bottle for the wedding but I've had no such luck!

• S
    Beginner July 2013
    sparkle52 ·
    • Hide content

I've just had my second, now 4 months. From experience of being pregnant second time round with a toddler I was sooooo exhuasted for entire pregnancy. Not much better now but at least can do more than when I was waddling! Even before I was big I was soo tired not conducive to enjoying your own wedding.

Completely down to preference but we got engaged knowing we wanted another and planned wedding for over year after new bubba as I wanted something to look forward to that was about me for once and not kids, plus wanted to lose weight and people say 'doesn't she look good for 2 kids' hee hee.

If you still want a big day I'd say delay it but also think if you do so, you'll prob find that you find other things to spend your money on. We are trying to sell and buy a house too and sometimes think money from wedding planning could be better spent on improving our forever family home. But of course I am very happy that I am doing it.

So difficult I know. But try to enjoy the moment and big congrats on your new addition. It is tiring but worth it (most of the time!!) x

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics