If your mother gave birth late/early did you?

Join the conversation!

Chat and get advice from other brides-to-be.

Register for free   or   sign in to reply
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 12Next >
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 14 Jul 2012 14:42

If your mother gave birth late/early did you?

I don't know if its a myth but I just wondered. My mum went 2 weeks over with me, after a successful EVC to turn me she was then induced, and she also went over by almost a week with my sister.

I'm dreading going over but know that he/she will only come when they're good and ready - which worries me if its as stubborn as I was. 

• Posted: 14 Jul 2012 14:46

Re: If your mother gave birth late/early did you?

I was 3 weeks early and came feet first! 

E was 5 days Late and came head first luckily!

• Posted: 14 Jul 2012 14:51

My mum had 4 of us so we were all different but she had short labours with all of us & mine was a short labout too (although my sister's was very late & long)

• Posted: 14 Jul 2012 14:56

My mum went 2 weeks late with all 4 of us and I went 2 weeks over with Sawyer.

Her labours were pretty long and mine with Sawyer was the same - so for us, it seems to run in the family.

• Posted: 14 Jul 2012 14:59

My mum was 10 days late with me, then 6 weeks early with my sister - mine were both c-sections, one at 40+1 and the other at 39+5, so I think it's safe to say they would both have been late left to their own devices.

• Posted: 14 Jul 2012 14:59

My sister was 1 day early and I was a due date baby. Both her labours were reasonably easy and she had both of us within 24 hours. J was 5 days late and my labour with him reached 40 hours before he crashed and we had a c-sec!

• Posted: 14 Jul 2012 15:00

Oh no NN, that's not what I wanted to hear Laugh Think I'll have to start bouncing on my ball a bit more in preparation.

• Posted: 14 Jul 2012 15:06

My brother and I were both two weeks late, N was 8 days early. All quick ish labours though.

• Posted: 14 Jul 2012 15:41

My mum was early with all 5 of us ranging from 3 days to 5 and a half weeks. My first was 6 days late and my second was 10 days late.
  • Posted: 14 Jul 2012 15:59

Mum was 2 weeks late with my sister and I and my brother (youngest) was born on time. P was 2 weeks early so no relation in our family.
  • Posted: 14 Jul 2012 16:22

I was two weeks late, mother wa induced and I still wouldn't budge so was delivered by Emergency C-Secion.

LG was born 4 days early :)

• Posted: 14 Jul 2012 16:25

my mum had pre eclampsia with both me (38 weeks) and my sister (36 weeks). Unfortunately I developed it severly  and earlier and my son was born by emergency c-section at 31 weeks.

• Posted: 14 Jul 2012 17:18

My Mum had me 2 months early and both of mine were early (8 days and 20 days).

x

• Posted: 14 Jul 2012 17:20

My mum went over with all 4 (was induced with 2 of us) - I went overdue and was induced. 

• Posted: 14 Jul 2012 17:27

I was a week early, my younger sister was a week late, youngest sister pretty bang on I think.

I went 10 days over on E, 2 days 'early' on L so fairly opposite to Mum.

Return to: Baby Talk
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 12Next >