Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

goldpants
Beginner May 2014

Some **flashes of my wedding ideas so far.....

goldpants, 13 of July of 2012 at 18:38 Posted on Planning 0 5

Hi, I'm relatively new to the forum but wanted to give some flashes of my wedding ideas so far! We're not getting married till 2014 but I am compulsively organised and want to pick things up as I find them along the way to tick another thing off the list. I usually use hitched on my ipad and am unable to flash so having a massive flash now!! (sorry for bold print it wont change - i will learn!)

I am going to attempt to make our wedding stationary, I have bought £50 worth of gorgeous patterned and sparkly card to make save the date magnets, invites, place names and table numbers and planner. Here's a swatch of the card patterns:

hmmm looks slightly pale on here but is a gorgeous pale green and pinks - called Isaballe premium paper pad

So my colour theme is this pale green.... I've found that there are so many different shades I hope it doesn't get too confusing! Our venue is Vaulty Manor in Maldon - a gorgeous bright barn designed for weddings and the chair covers are in- house... the ceremony will look something like this but with either a greeny sash or a dusky pink :

The main part of the barn looks like this.... I loooooove it!!! (this is not our theme/colour scheme though!)

We decided to try and save money and not use any fresh flowers and instead are going for artificial... And after looking around on this site I loved the idea someone had of daisies and havent looked back! Here's the Maid of Honour posy and the lady is making a bigger bouquet for me!! £54 for both incl. postage.

I have found lots of daisy ideas online and am debating thse daisy heads from thailand on ebay.... has anybody used them? Are they natural looking or quite big and brash?

I have been looking online at wedding dress styles and can honestly say I have no idea!! Some ideas of what I have liked a look of include Maggie Sottero 'Asha', Essence of Australia D1244, Ellis Bridals 'Destiny' or 'Demure' and Mori Lee 6735, 6726 and 2415, Sincerity Bridal 3706 and Diagonal from Pronovias. I need to shift a bit of weight before I have the guts to try some on, but definitely think the style needs to cinch in at the waist then flow out to allow me to enjoy the food on the day!!! ?

Thank you for listening - I hope I haven't bored you too much!!! If anyone has similar colours/themes or anyone has any extra ideas or sees something that would suit my wedding please feel free to drop me a line!!!!! I only got these ideas from other B2Bs planting their seeds on here so I hope I might do the same for others!!

xxxxxx

5 replies

Latest activity by Mrs-HFA, 16 of July of 2012 at 00:15
  • LeedsBride
    Beginner September 2012
    LeedsBride ·
    • Hide content

Very pretty colour scheme! (loving the pastel shades), and the barn looks amazing ? Keep up the good work ?

• hazyclaire
    Beginner November 2012
    hazyclaire ·
    • Hide content

Oooh how lovely, especially the daisies and daisy chains around the beams. Almost makes me wish we were having a summer wedding...

• T
    Beginner January 2015
    tracy P ·
    • Hide content

Loving your ideas, it is fresh, simple and very effective, looking forward to seeing more.

• F
    Beginner November 2013
    FutureBright ·
    • Hide content

I love flashes and your colour scheme as well, i would love to get married in a barn with the beams it looks gorgeous. Good luck with the planning x

• Nicola_84uk
    Beginner October 2013
    Nicola_84uk ·
    • Hide content

Aw this all looks beautiful. I love your daisy chain idea. I saw a wedding on tv where they had green apples with tags for the guests name. They had a similar colour and venue to yours, just an idea to share. Happy planning. Smiley smile

• Mrs-HFA
    Beginner December 2012
    Mrs-HFA ·
    • Hide content

It looks and sounds amazing :-)

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics