Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

ButtercupSoph
Beginner June 2012

Sweetie Table!!

ButtercupSoph, 9 of June of 2012 at 21:21 Posted on Planning 0 14

OMs! Did any of you have Sweet tables?? If you did can you please flash! I need inspiration for mine!

Also, Brides/OMs how much did you/are you budgeting for the cost of it please? Thanks x

14 replies

Latest activity by xMissyLoux, 12 of June of 2012 at 21:50
  • xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

Thank you for posting this Sophie!

Will be watching this post with interest ?

• M
    Beginner May 2013
    Mrsrobotham2b ·
    • Hide content

We have hired this for £150!

it comes with 10 different choices of sweets (a drum of each choice)

Xxx

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

[View:http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10150952976051357&set=a.10150952975726357.480242.691296356&type=3&permPage=1:550:0]This was ours, we bought the sweets from Marko at £50 and bought the bowls and tongs etc from eBay and charity shops etc.... All came in for £75 and have sweets left over for meeeee!

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

Didn't work via I pad but will add on Monday when I get to work x

• mrs james 2 b
    Beginner November 2012
    mrs james 2 b ·
    • Hide content

For 20jars, tongs&scoops, sweets, labels for jars iv *** in at £70.

• Chickster
    Beginner August 2013
    Chickster ·
    • Hide content

I'm doing a DIY version of it. Here are the jars I have bought so far:

The three jars at the front are £3.75 each from wilkos:

http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/bathroom-ornaments+scales/wilko-aspen-jar-bell-medium-glass/invt/0272672/?htxt=CqRsbJu%2FutV8PO2VUe7M5tbw0eF0%2BgiZGsyhRiL%2FA7J%2FD5ckTwx4gGk9NGxRQ2HoBcTxJmxJa8Ar%0AIS49VztZhg%3D%3D

The rest of the jars I got for £1 each from a car boot sale!

Then I started making some vintage looking labels and ribbons for the jars. Each type of sweet will have a different coloured label eg:

As for the sweets I am doing a number of things. I've been saving up my Nectar points and will be buying the sweets with those and I've found some cheap sweetie bags on ebay which you can get in any colour:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220978163088?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1952.l2649

Good luck!

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This looks amazing Sian!!

Do you mind me asking where you got your LOVE dishes from?

And also how did you do your marshmallow tree? And what is it on the other tree?

• F
    Beginner November 2013
    FutureBright ·
    • Hide content

Sian I love this sweetie table so nice and I to like the LOVE bowl things, I will be having a sweetie table so it is good to see other peoples

• chrissyroxanne
    Beginner August 2013
    chrissyroxanne ·
    • Hide content

This sweetie table is soo cool. We really want one for our wedding but we want to colour theme it!! Hoping it doesnt cost too much. www.stylishcentrepieces.co.uk do some nice bowl options for a sweetie table and they are cheap too ?

Would love to know where you got the LOVE dishes from too as they are amazing!!

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

Thanks guys, the table went down so well. I bought the marshmallow tree from eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MARSHMALLOW-SWEET-TREE/251071581455?ssPageName=WDVW&rd=1&ih=015&category=3260&cmd=ViewItem#ht_622wt_922 the lady was so great, I also bought a malteaser and forerro rocher tree so she did them for £12 each. They essentially were polystyrene balls with cocktail sticks. she did the colours to match my theme too. I borrowed the LOVE dishes from a friend as online they were £20+and I was buying all the other items from charity shops etc as I was on a budget. At the end on the night we had marshmallow competitions - how many can you fit in your mouth in one go Smiley smile

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

Ah that's cool, I think we might have a go at making our own! I think I know how to make the ball bit, just wasn't sure what to use as the 'trunk' and the best way to weight it!

Ah, I've had a quick google since and yes they are expensive! Don't suppose your friend wants to sell them? hehe We're on a budget too and for £75 your table looks amazing!

We've been and bought a couple of fishbowls and vases from the range and matalan today...just wanting some cheap martini glasses now!

Marshmellow competition sounds awesome hehe!

• G
    Beginner August 2012
    Gemma&Chantelle ·
    • Hide content

XMissyloux where did you get the bowls that say love? I've been looking everywhere for them?

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I haven't got them yet, I've found them online but a little bit more than I'm wanting to pay, hoping to find some 2nd hand but here's what I've found:

http://shop.confetti.co.uk/product/105341?utm_source=GoogleShopping&utm_medium=google&utm_content=feed

http://www.somethingborrowedandsomethingblue.co.uk/ourshop/prod_1505531-LOVE-Plates-Set-.html

• sian-tiffany
    Beginner May 2012
    sian-tiffany ·
    • Hide content

I said to her she should change people as everyone who went to her wedding wants to borrow them (I got in there first!) I didn't have Martini glasses but I'll be selling the Sunday/ice cream glasses I used (got the love hearts in etc....) and the bowl with the Ferrero Rocher in.

• xMissyLoux
    Beginner September 2012
    xMissyLoux ·
    • Hide content

Oh I bet! You were lucky then!

I've already got quite a few other bowls/vases already just really would like/need 2 martini glasses and some little bowls/dishes to finish it off! Might have to result to heart shaped ones instead as don't think I'll be able to get/afford the LOVE ones ☹️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics