• Manage your budget plan icon
    Budget close icon
    Manage your budget plan icon You are currently on budget !

My budget: 10000

My Cost so far: 7,800

Create a free budget plan to organise your finances!

• Manage your budget
    • Keep track of your spending
    bottom arrow icon
    Manage my Budget
  • Manage your to-do list icon
    Budget close icon
    Manage your to-do list icon You have 0 outstanding tasks!
    Tasks Complete: 32 Tasks Outstanding: 0

Create a free personalised to-do list to help make your planning easy and fun!

• Free step-by-step plan and time-line
    • Fun and manageable task list
    Manage my To-Do List Bottom arrow icon
  • New competitions to enter icon
    Budget close icon
    You have not entered any competitions

Make sure you check back regularly as we are always adding new competitions.

View Competitions Page Bottom arrow icon
hide
down arrow icon

How Much Did You Tip Your Venue?

Join the conversation!

Chat and get advice from other brides-to-be.

Register for free   or   sign in to reply
Page 1 of 4 (48 items) 1234Next >
Sort Posts:
  • How Much Did You Tip Your Venue?

Hi All,

I got married last week and on the info sheet, I tipped the box that I didn't want the venue to mention a tip on the day as I feel it should always be at the customers discretion (I always tip good food, service, hairdressing etc).

Not really sure how much I should be looking at though.  The wedding was a great success and everyone has been talking about how fantasic it was and how great the venue is.

What did you all do re a tip for the venue?  Even a 5% tip works out at over £750.  Did you buy flowers/champagne for your wedding planner? (just the one at the venue  - we didn't hire anyone)

Thanks in advance for your help.

• Re: How Much Did You Tip Your Venue?

Huh? I didn't even think about tipping the venue. I've not heard of this at all :/ Don't they get enough with everything else we pay for? Or is that just me being really cheap? :D But seriously, I've not factored in any tips in our budgeting!

I've never heard of tipping the venue, and if I'm honest I think it sounds ridiculous! 

The place we are most likely booking for our reception requires us to spend £4000 minimum on food & drink, You'd think that + the business we'd bring in terms of the bar and guests staying at the hotel (which isn't exactly cheap, even with the discounted rate) You'd think the money you pay for the day would be enough!

As a thank you I will most likely send a Thank You card and possibly a box of baked goods for the staff but that's about it, and maybe a bottle of wine for the wedding organiser, but only if they've done a really good job, after all it is THEIR JOB, they do get paid at the end of the day. I'm all for honouring people going above and beyond for you but giving a mandatory tip seems cheeky!

I think it's kind of expected these days!  The waiting staff/bar staff/cleaners/chefs etc are probably on quite a low wage regardless of what the venue charge for everything.

seriously? at nearly £50 a head just for food they can bugger off if they think they're getting a tip too

Countdown

Here here & well said stephanieeff  Wink

Ambs:

The waiting staff/bar staff/cleaners/chefs etc are probably on quite a low wage regardless of what the venue charge for everything.

True, but you'd probably find if you did give the venue a tip it wouldn't be shared with the staff!

Puddycat:

Here here & well said stephanieeff  Wink

Thank You!

I think a lot of places that mention tips, honestly, are just trying to bully you out of more money. If you feel someone's done an exceptional job reward them in whatever way YOU deem fit. And if you do want to tip cash, try giving it straight to the waiting/bar staff etc, because that extra tip the venue mention will most likely not be seen by those guys, who do hard work for minimum wage, most likely.

I won't be tipping our venue. I will probably send a thank you card to our wedding coordinator but thats it! Big Smile

Love Became Mrs B June 16th 2012 Love

Wedding video highlights: http://vimeo.com/46975807

Pink Han-bag:

seriously? at nearly £50 a head just for food they can bugger off if they think they're getting a tip too

Ours was over £50 per head for food and to be honest, we have gone way over budget on so much and with another baby on the way, the money could be used elsewhere.  I have heard people talking about tipping venues before and just thought it was the done thing these days.

Pink Han-bag:

Ours was over £50 per head for food and to be honest, we have gone way over budget on so much and with another baby on the way, the money could be used elsewhere.  I have heard people talking about tipping venues before and just thought it was the done thing these days.

I've never heard of it tbh, not that I plan a lot of weddings Laugh

The bar staff will get tips on the night I would have though, I've worked wedding bars and a lot of people will buy you drinks.

Countdown

I am paying my venue over £6000, for this I expect good service and I will not be giving a tip.

Now an OM

What?  No, there's no way I'd tip them. I'm paying a lot of money and expect a good service for what I've paid - no tip necessary.  Not being stingy here, just can't see why a tip is needed.

No tip here! We have the hotel for two nights guarantees them £4,000.00! Plus 49.50 per head for food, people plus £15.00 per head drinks, plus what my guests will eat on the Friday night and what the bar will take on those two nights and a further £120 on extra guests at the taster evening and drinks we have paid for during the planning process......I hope they have the cheek to ask for a tip! I will send a nice card, tin of choccies and something for the wedding co-ordinary but they are making enough money from us!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

Return to: Wedding Planning
Page 1 of 4 (48 items) 1234Next >