How long can you keep cows milk out of the fridge for?

Join the conversation!

Chat and get advice from other brides-to-be.

Register for free   or   sign in to reply
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts:
  • Posted: 26 Jun 2008 21:57

How long can you keep cows milk out of the fridge for?

If I gave A a beaker of cows milk to drink in the morning, how long would it be okay to leave it out in room tempreature for?

(This sounds totally stupid probably but hubby and I dont drink milk so I have no idea!)

Thanks  

• Posted: 26 Jun 2008 22:01

Re: How long can you keep cows milk out of the fridge for?

Depends how warm it is! A few hours easily, if not longer.

Edited to add that it will go cheesy/sicky in smell well before anything nasty grows in it. Might happen quicker if it gets saliva in from where they've been drinking but still shouldn't do much harm as long as it's pasteurised, which it will be unless you live on a farm Laugh

• Posted: 26 Jun 2008 22:01

my daughter usually drinks her's immediately but if she doesn't. I don't think I'd leave it more than an hour.

• Posted: 26 Jun 2008 22:02

Oooh I did a food hygiene course at work today Laugh, not that we learned a specific answer to your question!!

I would say no more than an hour though.  Realistically milk is ok whilst it smells fine and isn't separating, but with a small child I'd be a bit more careful. 

xx

• Posted: 26 Jun 2008 22:04

Right okay thanks.  ummm I warm it in the micro for 1 minute on number 5 so its warmish if thats any help! Confused

Perhaps I should get rid of it after an hour then just to be on the safe side.

Return to: Baby Talk
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)