Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

littleprincess30
Beginner August 2012

Swynford paddocks hotel in liquidation

littleprincess30, 15 of March of 2012 at 13:39 Posted on Planning 0 15

Ive heard Swynford paddocks has gone bust! I really hope not too many brides have lost vast amounts of money, so sad when this happens as many people book and pay deposits in advance.

it makes you wary of booking up early!

15 replies

Latest activity by Rebajay1510, 12 of April of 2012 at 07:39
  • venart
    Beginner June 2013
    venart ·
    • Hide content

One would hope that people buy wedding insurance for this. Also, that the hotel would have a legal responsibility to refund those deposits, or that whoever takes over the hotel honours the prior arrangements.

Honestly, this is a risk anyone booking a wedding venue takes, and it shouldn't effect your decision to book up early. If it's a good venue it will be booked far in advance, so if you want a wedding there you have no choice.

• C
    Beginner
    cornwell ·
    • Hide content

Im a bride at swynford i would like to now where this info has come from???

• littleprincess30
    Beginner August 2012
    littleprincess30 ·
    • Hide content

Friend of mine heard it on facebook of all places! i would advise calling them to find out whats happening. let us know how you get on so we can get real facts.

• littleprincess30
    Beginner August 2012
    littleprincess30 ·
    • Hide content

i do too! from what i can gather it used to be called swynford paddocks and then it was re-brought by someone else who called it swynford hotel, now whether thats the mix up and swynford paddocks went into administration and swynford hotel is its new name!

lets hope so for any of the brides who are getting married there.

• C
    Beginner
    cornwell ·
    • Hide content

Where on face book could i find this??

• littleprincess30
    Beginner August 2012
    littleprincess30 ·
    • Hide content

One of my friends had her friend see it, i dont know her name im afraid. Have you spoken to them yet, as I think if your booked there it would be wise to give them a quick call to see whats heppening, i would also be interested to know as its a lovely venue

• littleprincess30
    Beginner August 2012
    littleprincess30 ·
    • Hide content

I just hope cornwell gives them a call as she said she is bride there, then we can all get the real facts on whats happening. not sure they would talk to me about it as im not booked there unless i call them and say im a worried chief bridesmaid!

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

We wanted to look round here and emailed them twice and it took them four months to reply to my email, by which time we had planned half the wedding including the venue! I really hope it isn't the case for those who have booked their wedding there.

• jen_84
    Beginner August 2012
    jen_84 ·
    • Hide content

Cornwell, I don't want to worry you further but a quick google took me this site https://www.companiesintheuk.co.uk/ltd/swynford-paddocks-hotel which says liquidation as of 9th March. There are lots of other websites saying the same thing.

I'd get onto them asap.

• cookiekat
    Beginner August 2012
    cookiekat ·
    • Hide content

According to companies house it is in liquidation.

Name & Registered Office:
    SWYNFORD PADDOCKS HOTEL LIMITED
    P O BOX 585
    DELAVALE HOUSE HIGH STREET
    EDGWARE
    MIDDLESEX
    HA8 4DU
    Company No. ****

Date of Incorporation: 09/05/2001

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

the registered company address appear to be for a group of accountants.

I called the hotel and it says they are closed but the reception desk is manned between 9-5:30

• jojo2
    Beginner June 2012
    jojo2 ·
    • Hide content

I hope you manage to get hold of somebody regarding this Cornwell to get some answers.

• 3d jewellery
    3d jewellery ·
    • Hide content

It may be that theywill have new owners as a hotel local to me went into liquidation but didn't close as someone bought it and honoured all the weddings booked.

• R
    Beginner May 2012
    Rebajay1510 ·
    • Hide content

Hi all Just to confirm Swynford paddocks hotel was the previous owners of the hotel. They went bankrupt in 2010 and the new owner is currently having the venue refurbed. Due to re open on April 30th and is now called Manor 64. http://www.newmarketjournal.co.uk/news/latest-news/journal_exclusive_new_owner_for_swynford_paddocks_1_1348271 http://www.manor64.com/

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics