Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Purple Pixie
Beginner July 2012

Photos at church

Purple Pixie, 2 of March of 2012 at 08:56 Posted on Planning 0 4

I know it will depend on the tog and what photos we actually want but could anybody give me a rough idea how long photos at church (post-ceremony) would take? I'm trying to remember back to my first wedding but time is a weird thing on your wedding day.

4 replies

Latest activity by Peter, 2 of March of 2012 at 13:35
  • AmiRobertson
    AmiRobertson ·
    • Hide content

They shouldn't take to long. Speak to your tog and maybe get a list together for him of the photos you want done outside the church. ie 'bride, groom, brides mum, brides dad' and so on. Then maybe get the best man or MOH to give the tog a hand with organising people so it can be efficient (but still fun) your photographer will be able to give you a good idea of time.

• greenleaf
    greenleaf ·
    • Hide content

It also depends on your church and what they allow.

Best talk to the photographer and what they do as i always like to do some photographs inside the church afterwards which i know alot of photographers dont tend to do anymore.

I would generally say allow 10 mins to leave the church, then maybe another 20 mins for photographs (inside, outside, confetti, shots with wedding cars as some provide fizzy)

Its also difficult as the length of a service tends to be an estimated time.

• Mrs C
    Beginner March 2011
    Mrs C ·
    • Hide content

Ours was about half an hour.

• M
    Beginner June 2013
    mrs-roth-to-be ·
    • Hide content

It depends how many people are there and how many pics you want taking. My cousins lasted over an hour

• Peter
    Peter ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It is often claimed that it takes around 3 minutes for each group shot. Based on this, it is easy to see how easy it is to take a long time over the photography. This is where lists "can" be a nightmare when they are overly long. Long lists can also mean that there is less time for more relaxed and spontanious photography. It is all a balance.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics