Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Miss_EmiB
Beginner October 2013

***HELP*** White, Red and Black theme - Centrepiece ideas needed!

Miss_EmiB, 28 of February of 2012 at 12:16 Posted on Planning 0 9

Hey!
Me and my Fiance have a really tight budget. And were needing ideas for our table centrepieces... Our Budget is £50 for 8 Centrepieces. The theme is White & Red with a hint of black. The flowers for the wedding will be Roses. White table linen & chair covers with Red Bows. Bridesmaids Red Dresses with Black sash.

And that style of cake and invitations:

Thanks Emily xx

9 replies

Latest activity by teapotty, 20 of April of 2012 at 12:21
  • J
    Beginner October 2013
    jodles ·
    • Hide content

I have been scouring ebay, they have lots of candle holders, most are in cream, but i figured if can get them cheap enough will spray paint them black or red (our colours) and hopefully will still save a fortune! Also amazon is great! Going to head out to home bargains, bm bargains and wilkinsons and see what ornaments they have on offer, but remember you can alter colour on some things! Good luck!

Jodie :-D

• L
    Beginner June 2012
    Littlelaura82 ·
    • Hide content

Go to the Whittingtons website (google Whittingtons) and see if there is one near you. We brought our large hurricane vases from there for about £5 each and then our pillar candles for £2 each. We have then brought a job lot of colored stones to pop the candles in inside the vases. We are having a circle of flowers around e base too,but if you are on a budget then you could just have the vases?

Lx

• IshouldCoco
    Beginner September 2012
    IshouldCoco ·
    • Hide content

They had huge goldfish bowls in Poundland not long back. You could order some silk flowers for them or do simple tealights and/or stones if you don't want flowers in.

• C
    Beginner August 2014
    CraftyBride ·
    • Hide content

I was going to suggest the black lily vases too (http://www.rainbowfloristsupplies.co.uk/acatalog/LVBW.html), which you could put a single red rose in. (I would recommend a Naomi rose as it has a huge head http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=naomi+roses&hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=rjT&rls=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=YClNT_PzMITv0gHEisTkAg&ved=0CDgQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=834), then around the base you could scatter either table crytsals or fabric petals http://www.wedding-workshop.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php/crystals-burgundy-table-crystals-red-p-936

That would give you all your colours in one place then

• Miss_EmiB
    Beginner October 2013
    Miss_EmiB ·
    • Hide content

Hey!
    Thanks for all the help and ideas! Me and my partner have decided on having a Submerged Rose with floating candles. Instead of the Red stones we'll having black ones Smiley smile something like this:

x

• 2b_MrsB
    Beginner June 2013
    2b_MrsB ·
    • Hide content

LOVE ! your cake ! ❤️

Tall slim black vases( such as those suggested) with 2 red roses and 1 white rose in half of them and 2 white 1 red in other half ( i did this for a evening event 2 years ago and lots of people commented how simple but elegant they looked), or white vases, same as those suggested with black feathers and red roses , or black vases and white feathers might work better ?? ...I like the petals around the cake so maybe you could incorporated this in your table decoration.

• teapotty
    Beginner October 2013
    teapotty ·
    • Hide content

Few ideas.....You could make vases / tubes out of wallpaper and fill them with fake flowers....

You could have a damask style table runner and use red petals on the table....

Fill clear vases with beads . sand etc and have fake flowers in....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics