Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Red Baroness
Beginner July 2012

Organising Hen Night - How Far In Advance?

Red Baroness, 15 of December of 2011 at 15:26 Posted on Planning 0 10

As the title says. I am planning on having my hen night at the beginning of June and am just wondering whether it's too soon to start contacting people about it? It is just a night out and not a weekend. My sister thinks that we should start organising things now and I think she might be right.

How far in advance did you start contacting people?

10 replies

Latest activity by Bittersweet, 15 of December of 2011 at 20:42
  • kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I don't think it's too soon at all, especially as it's getting into holiday time then.

I had my weekend away hen do organised a year in advance and my night out hen do about 4 months in advance.

• Storky
    Beginner May 2011
    Storky ·
    • Hide content

It's ok, I'm free for most of the weekends in June so no more planning needed ?

I'd make a start now, if only so people keep the date free/have time to juggle other commitments. ALso gives people an opportunity to save up for it if they need to.

• R
    Beginner June 2012
    Randomsabreur ·
    • Hide content

Depends on what your friends' diaries are like. We started sorting dates for Hen and Stag a couple of months ago (for getting married in June - Stag and Hen both aiming at April) after getting asked by people whose diaries were starting to fill up! We decided to go for different weekends to aid dog and babysitting for all concerned!

• *JLS*
    Beginner July 2012
    *JLS* ·
    • Hide content

Em, mine is already organised and has been for a couple of months ? I'm having it during the easter weekend and I wanted to give my friends plenty of time to save up!

• Red Baroness
    Beginner July 2012
    Red Baroness ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm all sorted then!

• T
    Beginner
    Trickers ·
    • Hide content

I think my bridesmaids started contacting people about 6 months before.

• Flowmojo
    Beginner
    Flowmojo ·
    • Hide content

Mines first weekend in may and people wer contacted around August time, to give them time to save pennies etc!

• pandorasbox
    Beginner August 2012
    pandorasbox ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

https://www.hitched.co.uk/chat/forums/t/274964.aspx

Seems from me asking this morn it is never too soon to start planning a night out!

• Katscamel
    Katscamel ·
    • Hide content

Having mine in June (only holiday I get before the August wedding) and as I'm inviting people who are in all sorts of strange places round the world and will be be planning their leave dates way in advance put the dates on a facebook events page last month. Me and sort of MoH (she wont be able to make it to Zanzibar for the wedding) will sit down when I'm in the UK over xmas to iron out the details.

• Vanilla Pod
    Beginner September 2011
    Vanilla Pod ·
    • Hide content

We gave people about 8 months notice that was for a night and optional over night stay. For the summer months its best to ask asap as people book holidays and its unbeleivable how hard it is to pin down 15 girls on one night all at once! Sooner the better I say!

• Bittersweet
    Beginner June 2012
    Bittersweet ·
    • Hide content

Mine is the first bank holiday weekend In May, so my CBM and I started to contact people in June of this year as we needed to know numbers (WE are going to Spain for a long weekend) Once we had a rough idea we looked into prices etc. We have now booked the flights and Hotel.

From experience I think that the more notice the better, as people will havew enough time to save and prioritise!

?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics