Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Flamin Nora
Beginner August 2013

To veil or not to veil?? Lots of veil questions!

Flamin Nora, 8 of December of 2011 at 18:22 Posted on Planning 0 16

Hi all! This is my dress -

Its much more silvery in the pictures - its more like a slight silver than the darker it looks here.

Anyway... I was adamant I wasnt having a veil. But im thinking more and more that I want one now! I have a side tiara from Lou Lou belle (will add photo when I can!)

And now I have utter veil confusion!! I now want my hair in some kind of loose curled bun and I think for the veil to be 'stuck in' the underneath and a thin material to show the back.. Just for the ceremony. Will this work???

So - What type of veil do I need to get? Whats this tier thing mean? And the length?? And I think plain? Do they do these? What colour?? (do they do colours??)

Sorry for the overload its so confusing!

16 replies

Latest activity by Flamin Nora, 11 of December of 2011 at 18:11
  • Flamin Nora
    Beginner August 2013
    Flamin Nora ·
    • Hide content

My side tiara!!

• S
    StaceyH ·
    • Hide content

I think a veil will be too much. The headband will be enough. Lovely dress!

• kharv
    Beginner March 2012
    kharv ·
    • Hide content

I'm afraid I can't help with specifics but personally I don't think a veil will be too much at all. I think an elbow length veil sitting below a bun would look lovely.

Gorgeous dress and tiara.

• Liverbird
    Beginner August 2012
    Liverbird ·
    • Hide content

Your dress is beautiful! Mine (also a Maggie, if I'm right??) also has a low back and I asked similar question a while back about whether to bother with a veil or not. The general consensus was no, or at least get something very sheer as to not cover up the lovely detail. I would say the same applies to your dress.

If you do go with a veil though I think I would opt for a single tier, longer (fingertip or cathedral length?) one as I think anything shorter would look odd with the low 'v' of the back.

• Flamin Nora
    Beginner August 2013
    Flamin Nora ·
    • Hide content

Indeed it is a Maggie! Initially I thought no veil because of the back but then I saw this -

And liked it!

Is this one layer? its so technical! Im unsure whether itd look right with the side tiara though!

• lisaanne
    Beginner April 2012
    lisaanne ·
    • Hide content

I think a veil could look lovely. Have a look at www.theweddingveilshop.co.uk .. it tells you loads about materials, edges, lengths, tiers etc! Was really helpful for me and you can order a tailored veil.

• vicster
    Beginner December 2011
    vicster ·
    • Hide content

Can you go back to the shop and try it on with veils? you'll know pretty quickly whether you'd like it or not, i would expect.

• Flamin Nora
    Beginner August 2013
    Flamin Nora ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have the dress at home!! It was on sale so I snapped it up! When I bought it they plopped a veil on top of my head and it was driving me mad around my shoulders so I just thought I didnt want one!

• C
    Beginner September 2012
    Celtic B ·
    • Hide content

I think you should go for it if you think you might like one. Is there anyone you could borrow one to try?? Or maybe buy a really cheep one to try.

I love that look as well and I am loving Bellas shoes in the film but they are way out of my price range!!!

• Flamin Nora
    Beginner August 2013
    Flamin Nora ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oooh thats an idea! May try to borrow one...

Which shoes?? Flash!

• Pompey
    Beginner June 2012
    Pompey ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My friend had a very similar dress and a side tiara. She wore a lovely veil that was lace around the edges that looked fabulous. It was a shoulder length, single tier one though, so it took nothing away from the back of the dress. The side tiara looked great with the veil and i think helped to keep it in place!

• Pinky6
    Beginner June 2012
    Pinky6 ·
    • Hide content

I like cathedral (floor) length veils and think that would look nice with your dress. I have no idea what colour you would go for though, I'm not sure if white would look right.

• C
    Beginner September 2012
    Celtic B ·
    • Hide content

• Dressni.com
    Beginner September 2015
    Dressni.com ·
    • Hide content

How grogeous this dress, I think if you must buy a veil, try it one first.

• Flamin Nora
    Beginner August 2013
    Flamin Nora ·
    • Hide content

Lovely! Right Im off to look at Margaret Roberts as for £18 I can try it out!

• Flamin Nora
    Beginner August 2013
    Flamin Nora ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thankyou for this too...Im off to have a look now.

Thanks ladies!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics