Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Zoexx
Beginner July 2012

Purple and Yellow Wedding...

Zoexx, 21 of November of 2011 at 20:38 Posted on Planning 0 16

Hi all,

I started with a simple purple wedding but recently decided to spice it up and add yellow, i'm hoping to have sunflowers! Already designed my invites as just purple, lucky for me I'm not a perfectionist and don't want to re-do them but I'm doubting whether the whole purple and yellow theme will work.

Do any of you lovely ladies have any flashes of purple and yellow wedding bits? Anyone else having the same?

Thanks

Zoe x

16 replies

Latest activity by xxdonnaxx, 26 of November of 2011 at 22:30
  • C
    Beginner April 2012
    clarabella1972 ·
    • Hide content

These forums with the default user icon (2 rings and a purple heart) shows how well purple and yellow go together!

• RedKitchie
    Beginner August 2013
    RedKitchie ·
    • Hide content

Hi,

I want purple and yellow. I started with purple (lavender and lilac) and decided to add buttercup yellow as an accent colour. It isn't the easiest colour combo to find photos for. I have collected some images, mostly of flowers. My photos don't usually come out when I post them so I'll try and apologies if it doesn't work. The boquet shows the lilac and yellow and the dresses show the lavendar colour. Places to try to see colours together are: www.lovemydress.net (search real life weddings), dessy website (you can sign up and make mood boards), pinterest that has a search function. I also like to look through wedding mags and cut out pictures. Even if you can't find a pic with all the colours together you can stick the pics together to get the same effect.

I hope this helps.

• Zoexx
    Beginner July 2012
    Zoexx ·
    • Hide content

Thank you RedKitchie that is really helpful x

• Sparkles82
    Beginner April 2013
    Sparkles82 ·
    • Hide content

I just googled for an image I saw a while ago, but cant find it now. It was a stunning wedding - cadburys purple and sunflowers. The BMs all carried a single stem sunflower. it was very very very eyecatching.

• starstruck-
    starstruck- ·
    • Hide content

I wrote this blog post a little while ago that might be of interest:

• S
    Beginner April 2012
    shellsworth ·
    • Hide content

We have purple and yellow as our colours - Daffodils and tulips Smiley smile

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Love the combination of Yellow & Purple:

• S
    Beginner May 2013
    sgreen ·
    • Hide content

I'm a couple of shades out with royal blue and saffron, but its similar and would work just as well.

I took my insperation from an East London Sikh temple!

• Fran @ Hitched
    Beginner April 2012
    Fran @ Hitched ·
    • Hide content

Hi Zoe,

If you go to the members area, in the top right hand corner of your screen - the 7th drop down box on the menu will take you to a new section we have on hitched dedicated to moodboards.

There you should be able to create and save your own moodboard, based on the images we have throughout the hitched.co.uk website and in our inspiration galleries.

We would love to see the finished result, as you can tell from our logo, we are massive fans of both purple and yellow.

Fran x

• Fran @ Hitched
    Beginner April 2012
    Fran @ Hitched ·
    • Hide content

I've made loads for my wedding so far! Totally addictive! :o) x

• E
    Beginner May 2012
    Excited-Bride ·
    • Hide content

Our colours are purple and yellow too! We're having a variety of different purples and just a little bit of yellow to liven it up - and definitely iris's!

I think it looks lovely and bright!

• S
    Beginner May 2012
    sr3693 ·
    • Hide content

Hey, i Love purple & yellow!!

we're having eggplant & buttermilk - so shades of purple & yellow, looks beautiful IMO Smiley winking the yellow just lifts the purple nicely!

• Zoexx
    Beginner July 2012
    Zoexx ·
    • Hide content

Thanks all for replying, I'm really happy with purple and sunflowers now and even attempting a mood board now! x

• xxdonnaxx
    Beginner March 2013
    xxdonnaxx ·
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Fran @ Hitched....how do you use the mood board? I cant seem to get it to work...everytime i click on either my photos or all photos the mood board and icons for u to click in e.g bring to front and move behind, save and delete disappear. Am I doing something wrong (Ihave even created a thread to try and figure this out)

thanku x

• xxdonnaxx
    Beginner March 2013
    xxdonnaxx ·
    • Hide content

Zoexx the purple and yellow look lovely together...never new it would work so well but will definately look stunning xx

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics