Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tina Teaspoon
Beginner May 2011

Colour scheme help - Sherrie I need pics please!

Tina Teaspoon, 4 of January of 2011 at 10:59 Posted on Planning 0 5

Well this is my first post of 2011, so happy new year everyone!

Now that our wedding is looming ever closer on the horizon, I am worrying about how to translate our ideas into reality without it all looking a bit rubbish! We want the overall look of the day to be relaxed and informal without stressing too much about whether things match or not; with this in mind we have picked a main colour for our colour scheme but are trying to link in a few complimentary colours too to prevent it looking too formal.

Our main colour is dark/ mid blue, the BMs' dresses are this colour (midnight blue): http://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Linea+Short+diamante+dress/141012693,default,pd.html?cgid=0356 My shoes are the same colour, and the men's suits will be navy blue, with cream waistcoats and cream cravats for the groomsmen and a mid blue cravat for Mr Spoon. I am trying to inject a bit of cheerfulness into proceedings by having accents of pink, purple and pale green but am just trying to work out the best way to do this without it all looking a bit all over the place. My bouquet will be in pinks and purples with some foliage; what else can we do to break up the blue a bit? We were wondering about having different colour sashes for the chair covers but will this work?

These are the sorts of bouquets I had in mind, to help you understand what I'm going on about!

You can't even see the whole bouquet here, sorry! But from what I can see it looks like what I am after:

Does anyone have some handy pics of these colours (Sherrie I am mainly looking at you here!) please? I am in desperate need of inspiration!

5 replies

Latest activity by Sherrie H, 4 of January of 2011 at 12:27
  • Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

Smiley tongueVWOj0y_3I0i6M:http://sweetfashiondesign.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Lilac-and-purple-favors-for-weddings.jpg&t=1" width="225" height="225" alt="" />

• Tina Teaspoon
    Beginner May 2011
    Tina Teaspoon ·
    • Hide content

Wow, thank you both! How do you DO that?! I am rubbish at finding inspiration pics!

• Sherrie H
    Beginner
    Sherrie H ·
    • Hide content

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

General groups

Hitched article topics